• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jun 8, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #1,771 of 7,693
Wasn’t too sure if PS4 was capable of 7.1 via USB (when fees paid) or stereo only. I was under the impression that it’s stereo only which Sony’s own headset then upmixes.

I noticed that even though a few USB dacs are recognised by PS4, the sound is reversed or very quiet due to volume limitations.

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #1,772 of 7,693
Literally everyday, there’s an ad for the Mobius on my Facebook feed and all it’s doing is reminding me how far away it is until these arrive. Bah first world problems!

Apparently there’s an EQ switch between normal and flat frequency response. That’s pretty wild. It sounds like the Mobius is not really a headphone in the traditional sense. The onboard electronics largely control the sound, leaving few characteristics of the source intact,

That's because Facebook is tracking you, literally. Clear your cookies and restart your machine, the ads will change.

Jun 9, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #1,773 of 7,693
While I was in Fred Meyers today helping my dad buy a TV, I tried out a couple pairs of BT headphones on display. I was impressed at how poorly they performed. Really, really not good. So much distortion and so little articulation. Mind you they were $50-$100 dollar headphones. I can hardly imagine that sounding in anyway ok to people. I guess we really are snobs. ☀️

Can't wait for my Mobius.

Jun 9, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #1,775 of 7,693
While I was in Fred Meyers today helping my dad buy a TV, I tried out a couple pairs of BT headphones on display. I was impressed at how poorly they performed. Really, really not good. So much distortion and so little articulation. Mind you they were $50-$100 dollar headphones. I can hardly imagine that sounding in anyway ok to people. I guess we really are snobs. ☀️

Can't wait for my Mobius.

There’s the average person who doesn’t know anything about FR and will use just about any headphones to stream their 64kbps Pandora, then there are audiophiles like us who care about sound — there are varying degrees of audiophiles (i.e. some are still snobby about Bluetooth), but everybody in this community is an audiophile nonetheless. The lowest level of audiophile is consumer audiophiles who care about audio sounding good but not quite knowing what that means and sticking to mainstream brands while the most extreme level is those who will only listen to lossless/vinyl via an amp on open-back headphones.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #1,776 of 7,693
There’s the average person who doesn’t know anything about FR and will use just about any headphones to stream their 64kbps Pandora, then there are audiophiles like us who care about sound — there are varying degrees of audiophiles (i.e. some are still snobby about Bluetooth), but everybody in this community is an audiophile nonetheless. The lowest level of audiophile is consumer audiophiles who care about audio sounding good but not quite knowing what that means and sticking to mainstream brands while the most extreme level is those who will only listen to lossless/vinyl via an amp on open-back headphones.

My mode of operation is pretty simple:

Part 1: I know what music is supposed to sound like because I’ve been a musician for most of my life. Between working at a music store, playing live, running sound and recording in studios, I’ve developed a very calibrated ear.

Part 2: Headphones, for me, are tools. They should make music sound “correct” or “fun” but it must meet a certain level of performance. The other aspect of them being tools is that I got into Headphones more recently now that porta fi is a thing. They must be able to run with just my phone & make calls.

Which is why I would probably grab the Master Dynamic MW50+ over the campfire cascade. The Cascade not having an inline mic is a deal killer for me. Both are premium headphones with Beryllium-hybrid drivers but the M&D fits how I use headphones: as a tool.

Jun 11, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #1,778 of 7,693
Got a 15' USB A-C cable yesterday. I guess I'll just jump rope with it until my Mobius shows up. Perhaps a shipping notification within 2 weeks?

Jun 11, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #1,779 of 7,693
I hope Audeze put up a display booth at E3 this week. Great place to promote the headset to actual hardcore gamers.

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #1,781 of 7,693
Talking about LDAC, I am currently looking at the new Shanling M0 DAP.
Smaller than 5x5 cm, ldac capable for 99$, would be an awesome portable solution with the Mobius imo.

Only thing holding me back atm is that i want to thoroughly compare the Mobius to my current "on the go" cans Oppo PM3.
I might be willing to sacrafice a slight little bit of quality in exchange for ease of use (no cables yay^^) but i dont want to end up with a DAP that collects dust because it cant drive the Oppos :p

Jun 12, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #1,784 of 7,693
Yep, LDAC and apt-X.

I think he meant streaming options like Spotify or Tidal, and no it has not, but i guess for a device this size and for 99$ it would be a bit too much to ask for?

From what i have read the Hiby R3 and R6 are said to get LDAC capability with future firmware updates, but since i dont use streaming i dont follow them too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back