1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze Mobius Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Mar 14, 2018.
?

Are You Team Blue or Team Copper?

1. I'm Team Blue

110 vote(s)
    26.0%
  2. I'm Team Copper

290 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I Chose Both

23 vote(s)
    5.4%
First

Back
108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117
119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128
Next

Last
  1. RamSpencer
    I expect they'll sound like Jude, Audeze and Mad Lust Envy said the prototypes sounded. Really good. Not audeze LCD X with good app and DAC good, but better than Sine and better than most headphones at their pricepoint good. A friend tried them out at Cam Jam with whom I have similar tastes and he was really impressed.

We really will just have to wait and see

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    raband likes this.
  2. raband
    Page swap, think I was agreeing with you?

PopZeus likes this.
  3. m8o
    Those that got in on the Indiegogo campaign the first day by credit card, were you charged right away? I didnt look. My card recently had fraud perpetrated against it, and I was issued a new one w/a new number. So if a charge for this is pending to be applied when shipped, that wont go thru for me. Thanx for all replies.

4. Saoshyant
    I should have been pretty close to the first 24 hours if not within it, I think I remember being charged right away, and Indiegogo has the refund option for my order, which implies I was charged.

m8o likes this.
  5. heavyharmonies
    Per my credit card statement, I was charged $199 on March 13.

m8o and Saljon like this.
  6. Saljon
    I see what you did there...:beerchug:
    Nice being you.
    But yeah, it was charged instantly for me too.

7. Runo
    [​IMG]

8. MICHAELSD
    After reading that I looked into if PS4 offered USB audio out and apparently it does but only to approved headsets. Apparently there are very few other than Sony’s own headset so that’s great news for Audeze! Now, if only Xbox One offered the same option...

Daiyama likes this.
  9. Azurik
    Has that been confirmed anywhere by anyone? Does the PS4 output surround via usb or just plain stereo?

10. Audeze
    Mobius will have a special USB mode (switchable using some button combination) that will allow it to be used with a PS4 with USB. Headtracking and 3D emulation will work. Only Stereo is supported over USB for PS4.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
    Matro5, Euphonik, Saljon and 6 others like this.
  11. Azurik
    Thanks for the reply!

12. Vader2k
    Well, at least we'll get better audio quality via that connection then using AUX via the dualshock controller. Neat!

Evshrug likes this.
  13. Daiyama
    Yes please, to Xbox one!

Ted23 likes this.
  14. Evshrug
    Xbox’s audio outputs are limited to the 3.5mm jack on the controller, optical (on some models), and HDMI. There is also a very rarely used Microsoft/XBox certification that peripheral manufacturers can pay (per unit built) to have Microsoft add driver support for USB audio devices.

15. MICHAELSD
    The bottleneck to Mobius will be that unless the user is using a USB connection to a PC or Mac, then they’ll be getting stereo sound. Which is totally fine as that’s what we’re used to even if it doesn’t maximize Mobius’ potential. As far as I’m aware the Xbox One can output uncompressed stereo via the 3.5mm output on the controller, impressively enough. There are also options like listening to Apple TV via Bluetooth AAC. While it’d be ideal to have some sort of solution to listen to surround sound mixes natively with other devices, even if it’s a premium accessory, stereo is good enough for most headphones and the 3D tracking should still be impressive enough.

First

Back
108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117
119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128
Next

Last