• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jun 4, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #1,681 of 7,693
Looks like a couple of people backed out, and there are 2 early bird offerings up for grabs at $249.
I always find it kind of humorous, that people who don't follow "Tech" more closely seem more ready to "jump ship" on new equipment due to their unfounded skepticism of whether something (that honestly isn't even on the market yet)
based on "anticipated" conjectures of thread posting !

It not out there yet, Guys !!!! No-one would ever buy anything if they didn't have some "Leap of Faith" that equipment makers delayed releasing new Tech a bit to "Work out the Bugs" . Hey, Audeze has released one or two successful products before, so it's a good risk they know how to make a compatible product that will work pretty well with already existing equipment

Jun 4, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #1,682 of 7,693
I always find it kind of humorous, that people who don't follow "Tech" more closely seem more ready to "jump ship" on new equipment due to their unfounded skepticism of whether something (that honestly isn't even on the market yet) based on "anticipated" conjectures of thread posting !
Perhaps they just reevaluated their headphone budget. Or they got yelled at by their spouse for the purchase. Or they got impatient and bought something else.

Jun 4, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #1,683 of 7,693
I remember few years ago back in college, I was working part time and then backed an Indiegogo for $150. The campaign had finished and it was 2 months after that I found out my part time job was cutting my hours from 24 hours to 8 hours a week. Money was tight and I requested a refund from the Indiegogo and put that money towards a whole college text book! Which afterwards I promptly got back I want to say $20 from the bookstore.

Never know what may be cause a cancellation or request of a refund.

Jun 4, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #1,684 of 7,693
Does anyone know if these will use an app like the one in iOS? Or will it all be controlled on the headset? @Audeze ?

Jun 4, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #1,685 of 7,693
Does anyone know if these will use an app like the one in iOS? Or will it all be controlled on the headset? @Audeze ?

Initially we plan to release only the windows app with the first shipments. Mac and Android are planned, but we have not ETA. IOS app is unlikely since we do not have a lightning cable interface for this headphone.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jun 4, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #1,686 of 7,693
Initially we plan to release only the windows app with the first shipments. Mac and Android are planned, but we have not ETA. IOS app is unlikely since we do not have a lightning cable interface for this headphone.

I'm happy as long as Mac is there. I am firmly in that ecosystem and will use this for movies/music/TV on Mac.

Please please please prioritize mac over Android. Especially since Mobile doesn't allow 5.1.4 and I neeeed it.

Jun 4, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #1,687 of 7,693
In 2018 Mac is equally as important as Windows if not more so. Even though they are primarily “gaming” headphones I imagine about half of the people buying Mobius use MacOS. I even plan to play Fortnite natively on my MacBook Pro once I get my Mobius. Definitely going to need a MacOS app. An iOS app based off the existing Audeze HQ app would be cool too, especially if firmware can be updated via Bluetooth.

Jun 5, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #1,688 of 7,693
In 2018 Mac is equally as important as Windows if not more so. Even though they are primarily “gaming” headphones I imagine about half of the people buying Mobius use MacOS. I even plan to play Fortnite natively on my MacBook Pro once I get my Mobius. Definitely going to need a MacOS app. An iOS app based off the existing Audeze HQ app would be cool too, especially if firmware can be updated via Bluetooth.

MacOS is mostly a professional OS while windows is known for gaming. It makes sense that they would release it for windows first and then other operating systems later. Windows still controls over 88% of the desktop marketshare

https://netmarketshare.com/operatin...7-06","dateEnd":"2018-05","segments":"-1000"}

I extremely doubt that the 8% market share of MacOS is going to compare to the windows usage numbers. MacOS is great but it has never been the common OS or one targeted at gamers. Mac should definitely be supported, as it's used by many audio professionals but the larger market share should always be targeted first.

Jun 5, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #1,689 of 7,693
Read the impressions earlier in the thread.

Also what makes you believe that a closed can could even come remotely close to as big as the HD800 is? People need to curb their expectations around these parts, it's starting to get out of hand.

I used the HD800 as example because they have a huge sound stage, and since the main characteristic you want for gaming is sound stage i assumed if the Mobius are so revolutionary for gaming they will excel in this apartment, besides it's a very different approach the Mobius will fake that soundstage with their technology, meanwhile the HD800 soundstage is natural, so i really don't see how my question is stupid.

If the Mobius are that great for gaming they will for sure have big sound stage and great positioning besides they are 400$ cans from a company like Audeze, it's not like some Logitech headset we are talking about.

Jun 5, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #1,690 of 7,693
I used the HD800 as example because they have a huge sound stage, and since the main characteristic you want for gaming is sound stage i assumed if the Mobius are so revolutionary for gaming they will excel in this apartment, besides it's a very different approach the Mobius will fake that soundstage with their technology, meanwhile the HD800 soundstage is natural, so i really don't see how my question is stupid.

If the Mobius are that great for gaming they will for sure have big sound stage and great positioning besides they are 400$ cans from a company like Audeze, it's not like some Logitech headset we are talking about.

I’m sure they’ll have an uncharacteristically large soundstage for a closed-back headphone. But by nature an open-back headphone will have a lager soundstage, especially one of that caliber.

By the way (since I’ve posted about the EL-8 in this thread before and Mobius seems to have a similar fit), I found the sound is dramatically improved if I make the fit tighter. 90% of sound from headphones comes from proper fit :).

Yup, EL-8 is an awesome-sounding, detailed, transparent headphone even with AAC. Like with the Sine when I originally used it and didn’t have the earpads optimally positioned it comes down to getting the fit right. If I position it where my ear is fully encapsulated then the fit is too loose (apparently I have a big head since this is with the earcups fully-extended lol) but if I make sure the fit is tight then the sound is dramatically better. Admittedly due to a medical issue (unrelated obviously) I haven’t had a chance to use the EL-8 as much as I’d like but after fixing the fit I can say Audeze makes gorgeous-sounding headphones and EL-8 is no exception.

Edit:

Looking back at the images of Mobius, it’s entirely possible the fitment is further improved over the EL-8 which is already quite a comfortable headphone.

[mod edit: merged]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 5, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #1,691 of 7,693
I'm happy as long as Mac is there. I am firmly in that ecosystem and will use this for movies/music/TV on Mac.

Please please please prioritize mac over Android. Especially since Mobile doesn't allow 5.1.4 and I neeeed it.

Hey, no reason not to do android as well! They didn't say one or the other. I get that if one has to come first, Mac makes sense for sure.

Jun 5, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #1,692 of 7,693
I decided to hook my EL-8 Titanium to my Sony surround amp to get an idea of what Mobius could sound like, and the quality is incredible. Imaging is phenomenal, detail is flawless, and bass is detailed and goes deep. With the 3D settings, even with 2.1 as the amp is outputting, I think Mobius should be downright impressive for movies/gaming.

3.5mm for some reason is more natural-sounding than the Cipher cable in all frequencies. Might need to start using an amp with the EL-8 but I’m curious for how Mobius sounds in comparison.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #1,693 of 7,693

I didn't understand your question then. I apologize. Maybe if Mobius takes off they'll also create an open back model as well.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #1,694 of 7,693
If Mobius is as incredible as I expect after testing a Blu-Ray via a Sony amp on my EL-8 Titanium which has no 3D sound effects or processing then I won’t be able to watch a movie any other way. Will have to figure out ASAP how to watch all movies like this. Can’t even imagine what it would sound like to have 7.1 surround sound outputted to the headphones considering the quality of imaging/detail just from a 2.1 mix. Life-changingly good. I could see getting so spoiled that I don’t use my surround sound setup nearly as much...

Man, EL-8 + amp + iHeartRadio (best I could get on an Xbox) blows away the Cipher cable. Might have to buy a proper amp for my EL-8. I do have high hopes for the amp in Mobius as well.

[mod edit: merged]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 5, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #1,695 of 7,693
I didn't understand your question then. I apologize. Maybe if Mobius takes off they'll also create an open back model as well.
No problem dude, i was thinking the same, an open back Mobius would be great, just like the EL-8C and EL-8, same with more color variants, the Portalesque colors are nice but i would like something more neutral, a blackout open-back Mobius would be a buy from me granted the Mobius delivers on it's claims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back