• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jun 3, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #1,666 of 7,693
Personally, I'm just hoping Cayin releases a firmware update soon that fixes USB performance out of the N5ii. I'd really like for it to work wired with the Mobius without having to engage the entire analog circuit via line out and waste the battery.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #1,667 of 7,693
I just want a LDAC supporting BT transmitter+reciever, not a DAP :D so I can hook it up to any device with BT (TV use mainly).

Jun 3, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #1,669 of 7,693
if i use the cable not Bluetooth, do i still need LDAC ?
I meant does the cable support LDAC ?

If you go wired, you just need USB C. USB is higher quality than any Bluetooth codec, although the results may be relatively subtle or maybe not even distinctly perceptible. Analog (regular headphone cabling) will double amp which is probably undesirable under most circumstances. If you read mad Lust Envy's review, he found the non LDAC Bluetooth to be extremely impressive as well.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #1,671 of 7,693
If you go wired, you just need USB C. USB is higher quality than any Bluetooth codec, although the results may be relatively subtle or maybe not even distinctly perceptible. Analog (regular headphone cabling) will double amp which is probably undesirable under most circumstances. If you read mad Lust Envy's review, he found the non LDAC Bluetooth to be extremely impressive as well.
Well, i just hope that i will not regret ordering mobius, sence i have Denon 7100 for gaming and its enough for me.
i mean i hope mobius pring something new to my ear.

Jun 3, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #1,672 of 7,693
Since the Mobius is doing its own processing a dedicated DAP doesn't seem to have much utility. I guess if you're an Apple user you'd need a second portable device with LDAC and/or USB-C, but in that case a ~$200 Android phone is gonna be a better bargain

AAC via Apple devices is good enough that that would probably not be worth the inconvenience. Apple should have a lossless codec soon enough, maybe announced as soon as tomorrow....

Jun 4, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #1,674 of 7,693
So i just became interested in the Mobius, i saw the Audeze video in youtube and it looked amazing, but we all know you cannot trust a company on saying how good their product is, so anyone have had the opportunity to experience the Mobius sound? is it really that immersive? is soundstage big compared to let's say HD800?

Jun 4, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #1,675 of 7,693
So i just became interested in the Mobius, i saw the Audeze video in youtube and it looked amazing, but we all know you cannot trust a company on saying how good their product is, so anyone have had the opportunity to experience the Mobius sound? is it really that immersive? is soundstage big compared to let's say HD800?
A ton of us are going to have them earlier than their official release. So you'll hear it here. There are early reviews on this thread already.

Jun 4, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #1,677 of 7,693

Read the impressions earlier in the thread.

Also what makes you believe that a closed can could even come remotely close to as big as the HD800 is? People need to curb their expectations around these parts, it's starting to get out of hand.

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #1,678 of 7,693

Also what makes you believe that a closed can could even come remotely close to as big as the HD800 is? People need to curb their expectations around these parts, it's starting to get out of hand.

LOL yeah the user with the impressions is Mad Lust Envy. No one is going to compare the sounds to an HD800. Audeze always sounds like a whole different thing.

But there is a closed can which is reported to keep the sound and soundstage of an HD800 Out there so....

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #1,679 of 7,693
The HD800 thing is a silly comparison for a few reasons. It's also a totally different technology and tuning. A lot of people don't even like them. If you're investing that much money you better be sure that's your endgame sound. They're very finicky about amp pairing as well. You're then talking about open back, quality external amping and good DAC requirements. Way more money, way less portable, totally different sound. Not everyone will prefer the sound. Apples and oranges.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #1,680 of 7,693
The HD800 thing is a silly comparison for a few reasons. It's also a totally different technology and tuning. A lot of people don't even like them. If you're investing that much money you better be sure that's your endgame sound. They're very finicky about amp pairing as well. You're then talking about open back, quality external amping and good DAC requirements. Way more money, way less portable, totally different sound. Not everyone will prefer the sound. Apples and oranges.

Audeze LCD-MX4 / 4Z / 4 is a safe end-game headphone :)

I'm really looking forward to Audeze's work on this one, as they generally have produced awesome headphones, at least those I tested were absolute love, LCD-MX4, iSine20, LCD-4, LCD-2C

LOL yeah the user with the impressions is Mad Lust Envy. No one is going to compare the sounds to an HD800. Audeze always sounds like a whole different thing.

But there is a closed can which is reported to keep the sound and soundstage of an HD800 Out there so....

There's the HD820 which is supposed to be a HD800 in a closed back form :)

On this note, I disagree on the soundstage size, without sounding exactly like it, there are a few closed back headphones that come really close, like say Ultrasone Signature Studio and Ultrasone Signature DXP

I know that some folks haven't heard them yet, but for closed backs Ultrasone has achieved a huge soundstage size and they also look pretty sexy.

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot....ure-studio-exquisite-eccentric-excellent.html

I don't think that achieveing a large soundstage is impossible, but I do think that not all signatures are going for it, depends a lot on the type of music you're listening and such, HD800 for example might not work quite that well with say Punk or Metal, at least for those who are looking for that wall of sound experience, so it really isn't about trying to get the largest soundstage always.

I love large soundstages tho, but I noticed that lately, I am easily satisfied by anything that doesn't sound congested, especially at more pocket-friendly prices :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back