1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze Mobius Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Mar 14, 2018.
?

Are You Team Blue or Team Copper?

1. I'm Team Blue

110 vote(s)
    26.0%
  2. I'm Team Copper

290 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I Chose Both

23 vote(s)
    5.4%
First

Back
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121
Next

Last
  1. raband
    No, all the update did was give you a glimpse at some of the "behind the scene" issues that can and do turn up before a product is released.

I would have been more worried if the product had approval in China and not in one of the target markets.

China/Korea electro certs and a firmware fixable BT option doesn't really speak towards place of manufacturing.

MICHAELSD likes this.
  2. Saljon
    It's still delayed. No one said it's a catastrophic delay :wink: especially since only a part of the june backers will be affected.

Anyway: I have suddenly fallen in love with the blue version... Damnit. That moment when you realise during your wedding night you've married the wrong sister.... :X

Just kidding. Still love copper too

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  3. frogmeat69
    Looks like a couple of people backed out, and there are 2 early bird offerings up for grabs at $249.

4. Bizill
    They updated their Indiegogo page to include a 2 week + delay due to Bluetooth. (I typed this last night but didn't notice it didn't post until this morn and I'm dumb when it comes to making sure I'm on the last page here at head-fi whereas I have zero issues at any other forum.)

Blue has been growing on me as well...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  5. MICHAELSD
    Yup, drivers are still manufactured in California so it’s not crazy to think that the cost savings from an in-house design and Chinese production vs handcrafted in the U.S. allowed them to offer the same planar technology at a steep discount. The drivers have all the same tech as the Sine/EL-8 if not more. Still a crazy breakthrough for Audeze, but I’ve noticed they try to offer their products at a discount whenever possible. (Sine was regularly $199-$299 via third-party retailers or with Audeze promotions.)

6. MICHAELSD
    Not really a delay, and I’d rather that they take their time rather than rush it out to meet deadlines. Will admit that blue is looking vibrant and stylish as well. Think they’re trying to increase the demand for blue after copper dominated in the pre-sale :wink:

7. Mani ATH 87
    The delay seems very minor, most June backers are still getting their Mobius shipped in June it seems like (me included - I'm part of the "ride the waves" perk).
    Since I had assumed a late June ship date, it doesn't really feel like any delay to me.

Anyways, the blue still makes it look like a gaming headset to me, copper looks more subtle and more like an all around headphone. Just my opinion!

MICHAELSD likes this.
  8. majnu
    Received the mailer update too.Only a minor setback and looking at the pics the blue does look excellent.

9. sebas388
    they look bigger than what i expected, which is good for my big ears

10. MICHAELSD
    71ED59C7-7FD7-426A-9F40-E392F79D3745.jpeg

Concept art from Instagram.

cskippy likes this.
  11. Fegefeuer
    I don't mind any delay at all if it improves the product and firmware/software, even though I'm really looking so forward to it. Take your time, Audeze.

12. majnu
  13. AlwaysForward
    LDAC -and- APTX-HD?!?

Edit: no WiFi or Spotify. That is dead on arrival for me.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  14. HipHopScribe
    Since the Mobius is doing its own processing a dedicated DAP doesn't seem to have much utility. I guess if you're an Apple user you'd need a second portable device with LDAC and/or USB-C, but in that case a ~$200 Android phone is gonna be a better bargain

15. Saoshyant
    Or a Shanling M0 which outputs LDAC. Currently $100, but I think at the beginning of July will go up to 110.

First

Back
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121
Next

Last