Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Feb 23, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #4,636 of 5,780
awesome link, thanks will pick some up tomorrow, depending what audeze says about RMA, are you saying you've repaired your headset because it's cracked like this already? The reason i'm saying it's not good to have this in a gaming headset is because a $250 dollar set of astros is prolly 5x better in terms of build quality.
nope. didn't fix it.

Feb 23, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #4,638 of 5,780
At what point do you supply extra power, the cable does not have any connection, neither has the headphones?
Does this mean you use an USB hub?
No it was not an hub. I linked to the product. In the end I bought the Delock active cable that, without added power adapter, works perfectly. So yes, if somebody needs a long cable, I can confirm the Delock solution works perfectly (and it's 15 meters!).

Feb 23, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #4,639 of 5,780
okay I'm a bit confused... @Audeze you said the sound profile was the same on the Cloud Orbity S as the Mobius... I'm side by side right now and it's def not the same, very close, BUT there is more energy from the Orbit S and a very slight 'active on' which the mobius is dead silent, tho after a few hours the sound has changed slightly and there was for sure a very slight 'burn in' that took an hour? What firmware should I be at to get the comparable sound profiles? I'm doing side by side compares, it's different but only slightly.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #4,641 of 5,780
Man I still see 'burn-in' myths still persist on this forum.
look, the sound was harsh for about an hour while the headphone was still cold. When you have 2 of the 'exact' headphone it's pretty damn easy to compare, and I asked the QUESTION if it was burn or after sitting in 10 degree weather and the driver needing to be warmed up. I've had to burn in different types of drivers from IEMs, where it's actually changed from a painful treb to reasonable. Soooo you can get lost with the unhelpful reply and really proves how much experience you have dealing with other people. Do you have an answer to my question? No... Thought not.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #4,642 of 5,780
look, the sound was harsh for about an hour while the headphone was still cold. When you have 2 of the 'exact' headphone it's pretty damn easy to compare, and I asked the QUESTION if it was burn or after sitting in 10 degree weather and the driver needing to be warmed up. I've had to burn in different types of drivers from IEMs, where it's actually changed from a painful treb to reasonable. Soooo you can get lost with the unhelpful reply and really proves how much experience you have dealing with other people. Do you have an answer to my question? No... Thought not.

It's more likely the pads were stiff from the cold weather so you didn't get a good seal until they warmed up and conformed to your head better. I suppose it's possible that the drivers might be affected by really cold weather too, but burn-in isn't really a thing IMO

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #4,643 of 5,780
okay I'm a bit confused... @Audeze you said the sound profile was the same on the Cloud Orbity S as the Mobius... I'm side by side right now and it's def not the same, very close, BUT there is more energy from the Orbit S and a very slight 'active on' which the mobius is dead silent, tho after a few hours the sound has changed slightly and there was for sure a very slight 'burn in' that took an hour? What firmware should I be at to get the comparable sound profiles? I'm doing side by side compares, it's different but only slightly.
If you use the Audeze HQ and HyperX version of software, you can see the version numbers in the firmware tab.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Feb 24, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #4,644 of 5,780
If you use the Audeze HQ and HyperX version of software, you can see the version numbers in the firmware tab.
@Audeze correct, but which is the latest version for the firmware on the Orbit? as I got the driver/firmware package and it's dated filename is HyperX_OrbitS_20191219.mfw but the creation date is 10/28/19. That's the only firmware I see for the orbit, and when I go into the Orbit software, i'm not going to go through flashing without confirmation that [ORBIT] USB FW 115, MCU FW 1.2 and DSP FW 25 are outdated firmware. As when I plugin my Mobius and use AUDEZE HQ my [MOBIUS] USB FW 102, MCU FW 1.71 and DSP FW 25. See why I might be bringing up this question now? With how different those numbers are, I felt the need to ask. Oh and i've not run into any conflicts running both softwares but of course if you run the wrong headset things act strange :wink:. The subtle details are noticed, Orbit = no voice on pressing software to change only on headset button presses etc.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #4,645 of 5,780
So far I've been using the Mobius cabled to my HTPC and been loving it.
Last night I tried it via bluetooth with my XiaoMi TV in the bedroom (calm down, I was watching Patriot before I fell asleep!)
Wow! Really REALLY nice, especially with the faux spatialisation of a stereo signal. So impressed with the quality of audio and it was a big improvement over my other option which is to keep the sound low enough so it doesn't disturb my sleeping wife (which is too low for me to get dialogue so I have to have subs on).
Everybody's use case is different and I'm very sorry for those who are running into build quality issues but for me, I'm still really delighted with these cans.

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:18 AM Post #4,646 of 5,780
So to download a driver you need to register to their platform and checkout through the shop. That´s an...interesting method to deliver necessary files to even use the headphones. Oh, and my headset also broke from the same spot that was pictured in the last page. When contacting Audeze about warranty i got claimed that the set was out of warranty because i purchased it when they were first available from indiegogo. I proceeded to disagree with this because i waited ~6 months for them to arrive and warranty should start from that date when i received my pair. Let´s see how it goes. Needless to say it i´m out of warranty because of the overly long delivery time this i my first and last piece from them

Feb 25, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #4,647 of 5,780
Hi all,

Apologies for this lazy question, but:
I'm on an old firmware - I think it's the one that introduced 'warm' as a profile. I am still on the beta v1.0 version of the HQ app.
Should I upgrade the firmware? Is the spatial audio even better? Will I take a hit on the default and flat profiles (the only ones I use, and really like)?

I have no issues with the set, I love 'em to bits. If there's better virtual surround to enjoy, count me in. If the aforementioned signatures are going to suffer, then I'll stay as I am.
Interested in any and all input, thanks in advance!
Going to the current firmware will change the sound of your preferred presets "Flat" and "Default" into what "Music" preset sounds like on your firmware now.
The current firmware adds bass to all presets.

I already asked for a new preset that is brighter, to counteract this change, but not yet is something like this in sight.

Feb 25, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #4,648 of 5,780
Going to the current firmware will change the sound of your preferred presets "Flat" and "Default" into what "Music" preset sounds like on your firmware now.
The current firmware adds bass to all presets.

I already asked for a new preset that is brighter, to counteract this change, but not yet is something like this in sight.

Thank you SO much! I'll stay as I am then. Really appreciate the response, especially since I would have regretted losing those two profiles. Big BIG thanks!!!

Feb 25, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #4,649 of 5,780
So to download a driver you need to register to their platform and checkout through the shop. That´s an...interesting method to deliver necessary files to even use the headphones.
You dont need the driver for the headphones to work. The headphones work as a USB class device and use the windows / OSX driver by default. When you download the ASIO driver, we need to keep track of driver downloads for contractual purposes. This is why it is available as a digital download.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Feb 27, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #4,650 of 5,780
Audeze Mobius Blue headset on sale at Crutchfield's until Feb. 29 - $299. Includes free hard carrying case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back