Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Feb 28, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #4,652 of 5,780
Is this worth its price? I heard the mic is really bad
I love the headset, but their dogged instance on mic side tone is one of the most annoying features on the headset. You can only get around 44-52% volume level on the mic without hearing your own voice. If I had a choice of flashing the headset with no side tone, I'd do it in a heart beat. It's their worst feature in my opinion and is not like that in most other headsets. Other than that, average mic.

Feb 28, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #4,653 of 5,780
Yeah but why do you even need more than 52%? That seems to be the default when you turn it on and I can't hear my voice and everyone else hears me loud and clear. If I went to 100% everyone would tell me to ****.

While it would be nice to have sidetone as a toggle option, IMO, there is no need to mess with the mic dial on the headset at all. Leave it alone

Feb 28, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #4,654 of 5,780
Is this worth its price? I heard the mic is really bad
I got mine for $300, and I think it's definitely worth it at that price. I haven't had a need to turn the mic up super-loud, especially since most voice apps have built-in boosts if needed. It sounds like Crutchfield has a 60-day return window, if you're not satisfied.

Feb 28, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #4,655 of 5,780
I got mine for $300, and I think it's definitely worth it at that price. I haven't had a need to turn the mic up super-loud, especially since most voice apps have built-in boosts if needed. It sounds like Crutchfield has a 60-day return window, if you're not satisfied.
and none of you answered his question and gave your feelings on the actual mic quality.

Feb 28, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #4,656 of 5,780
and none of you answered his question and gave your feelings on the actual mic quality.
Ah, sorry about that. I usually game with a couple specific friends, and I haven't actually asked them how the mic sounds, but they haven't had any issues hearing me, or being unclear. I'm not sure if it picks up extra sounds (keyboard clicks, people talking in the background, etc). I haven't tried using it for personal recording, but when I first got it, I turned on the voice playback to make sure it worked.

Feb 28, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #4,657 of 5,780
Anyone got a tips on updating firmware? I fear I waited for to long. Sat on 1.3 downloaded the latest software and run it in admin mode. It starts the update to latest firmware but soon get firmware failed and I need to do a recover?

Tried various usb ports it detect the mobius on all but can´t update the firmware. have the mic muted and the headphones lying flat.

Feb 28, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #4,658 of 5,780
Mic sounds OK, like most headset mics. On Discord, my fellow gamers say I sound good, loud enough, but not loud. However - this is at the highest possible volume. It's great at noise cancellation. My only two gripes with the mic, and they are minor, is that its base volume is set a little too low and you can't get rid of the side tone without turning down the mic volume to too-low levels. I plan on using a stand alone mic for things other than gaming, but for gaming, it's OK.

Feb 28, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #4,659 of 5,780
Anyone got a tips on updating firmware? I fear I waited for to long. Sat on 1.3 downloaded the latest software and run it in admin mode. It starts the update to latest firmware but soon get firmware failed and I need to do a recover?

Tried various usb ports it detect the mobius on all but can´t update the firmware. have the mic muted and the headphones lying flat.
I got it to work found a working usb 3 port.

I don´t use it much but it does have something going for 3rd person rpgs. For some reason it´s soundstage is like made for these with god voices. In other areas I am not really impressed by the positional audio for the same reason I cant track them it´s just god sounds in a fake soundstage. But it really do the trick not being able to track where the sound comes from so it´s a plus and a con at the same time :p

Feb 29, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #4,660 of 5,780
@Audeze Why does the Orbit S still have a battery? I can think of a few reasons, just curious as it again is a failure point on a headset which now doesn't have bluetooth. So why? I'm also still waiting to hear back from my previous post about firmware versions being different than the mobius and what's the correct version. As no where is it listed on a webpage that I can find.

Mar 2, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #4,661 of 5,780
@Audeze Why does the Orbit S still have a battery? I can think of a few reasons, just curious as it again is a failure point on a headset which now doesn't have bluetooth. So why? I'm also still waiting to hear back from my previous post about firmware versions being different than the mobius and what's the correct version. As no where is it listed on a webpage that I can find.

My (uneducated and uninformed) guess is for 3D effects (and maybe extra power for the drivers) when using the aux connection.

Mar 4, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #4,664 of 5,780
M
My (uneducated and uninformed) guess is for 3D effects (and maybe extra power for the drivers) when using the aux connection.
Yes. This is correct. Otherwise there is no way to power the electronics when using 3.5 mm. For version numbers, please email support@audeze.com and it is easier to keep track of it using the ticketing system.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 5, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #4,665 of 5,780
Did anyone try the v6 HQ app? Unbearable crackling for me with and without asio, reverted to v5 with asio, on the latest firmware. 1.02, 1.71, 25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back