Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Feb 22, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #4,621 of 5,780
Riveted the whole way through.

Feb 22, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #4,622 of 5,780
@SAEMPERSUN123 - The Mobius was designed specifically for Media and Gaming from a computer. Wireless is a nice extra. You have bought something and tried to use it way beyond its intended scenario and your existing gear doesn't support it - something which you could easily check from spec lists.

If you want decent wireless cans for home, why don't you just get Sennheiser - not kidding, they make some fantastic wireless cans.

Feb 22, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #4,623 of 5,780
@SAEMPERSUN123 - The Mobius was designed specifically for Media and Gaming from a computer. Wireless is a nice extra. You have bought something and tried to use it way beyond its intended scenario and your existing gear doesn't support it - something which you could easily check from spec lists.

If you want decent wireless cans for home, why don't you just get Sennheiser - not kidding, they make some fantastic wireless cans.

to be fair i find the bluetooth to be a next to useless feature. the delay is way to prominent to game or watch anything with.

Feb 22, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #4,624 of 5,780
The 3d can feel a bit gimmicky at times for sure and the looks arent so hot. I also worry about the hinge strength. Amp hiss bugs me sometimes but the tradeoff is awesome planar headroom(supposed 1w ). Battery life I can live with easily cause I switch from wired to wireless frequently, but might be a problem for others. They would be a must buy if there was custom parametric eq. As it stands priced new, not on sale is a bit high. But I also think the Panda is prob priced too high so take that for what you will.

With that said Ive been digging them lately in foobar using plugins and the 3d turned off alot of the time except for 5.1 music.

When 3d is turned off Ive been using toneboosters morphit(foobar vst and apo eq hesuvi vst) to neutralize the frequency response and in turn improving the tone and I swear natural imaging has improved as well. I do wonder if the toneboosters people measured the phones again after the fw update which changed the presets a tad. Regardless, sounds great!! Been deeply immersed in these Zeppelin reel to reel rips I found on the webs. Morphit(vst2) just makes them right(mobius flat preset).I do wonder if it may be partly down to the dac and amp being a known constant so the measurements translate better. Perhaps, dunno.

With 5.1music and 3d on I've been experimenting with turning off(or very low) just the reverb and using foobars tube sound plugin(setting of between .2&.4) or some tube amp impulse responses(SPL Tube Vitalizer&fb tube sound stacked w some reverb, sounds pdg) in the convolver plugin to bring out the spaciousness in a more natural and less ear fatiging way. ymmv

https://sjeng.org/foobar2000.html

ps: I hear ldac is low latency but havent had any devices as of yet to test. Linux does ldac so Nvidias GeForce Now(linux support?) looks viable, may just get me back into gaming.

I've spent 3 whole weeks with Audeze Moebius and finally, I can say: I BLOODY HATE THEM!!!!11

SO2Q41q.png

1. Not able to play passive from amp.

2. Low battery life.

3. Cheap creaky plastic.

4. Uncomfortable fitting on head.

5. Tons of useless gimmicks and dumb features.

6. You have manually turn them off and disconnect every time to prevent battery drain.

7. Half-dozen of buttons to control this piece of S.

8. Cheap mic.

9. Long charging time.

10. Firmware updates and bugs + bonus feature: you may brick them :3

11. 3 different devices via wired Windows connection.

12. 3D imitation is unfaithful, not a true 5.1 or even 7.1.

13. Color options carbon/blue/copper irl looking bad, just the same cheap plastic.

14. Tons of paper in stock, but not even a bag.

15. Final nail in coffin: only basic SBC Bluetooth codec is useful. AAC is for Apple only and final gimmick is LDAC. Outside of mobile android devices, Sony,Fiio and Shanling players you almost have no options to receive 'lulzless' 'wierdless' LDAC signal onto darn Moebius. WHY NOT GODDAMNED APTX???!!!

The sad irony, I just wanted good wireless headphones for home...
And got anything, but not what I wanted.

I have a lot of wireless headphones, but noone does satisfy me in terms of sound-quality.

But at least, all they are much less pricey and CAN into APTX at least.
And are much more robust and useful.
For example, Marshall Monitors sounds pig-disgusting, but everything else is great about them.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #4,625 of 5,780
to be fair i find the bluetooth to be a next to useless feature. the delay is way to prominent to game or watch anything with.
For vids, Netflix seems to compensate automatically for latency and vlc has manual delay adjustment. Even in my browser I rarely notice a delay(firefox&sbc). Hesuvi(pc side virtual surround) uses voicemeeter which aslo has a delay adjustment(good for syncing various btooth devices together). Gaming is another story

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #4,626 of 5,780

I just wanted decent sound via Bluetooth...is it too much?

Thinking of Senn's, yes, may be I should pick some of them.
My HD880s are my main stationary cans and lovely HD280 are still my main choice for the street.

But no... I wanted magneplanar sound via BT, what a fool!

Feb 22, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #4,627 of 5,780
I just wanted decent sound via Bluetooth...is it too much?

Thinking of Senn's, yes, may be I should pick some of them.
My HD880s are my main stationary cans and lovely HD280 are still my main choice for the street.

But no... I wanted magneplanar sound via BT, what a fool!

For what it's worth, and I know this doesn't help, I get fantastic BT sound via my LGV30 - I'm not a BT fan and was seriously impressed.
But without the ability to up the sample-rate (I think) it's back to the usual BT sound - so I don't use them wirelessly with my Fiio M11 (even with LDAC) because the compromise is too much.
At the risk of leading you in the wrong direction, if you want planar BT, there's the HifiMan Ananda BT version. It's a lot to lay down, but at least you can also use them wired and bypassing the amp (I believe, you should double check). Open, of course, and a fair bit more money, but if that's what you're after it might be an option. Worth an audition at least.

Seriously, good luck on your quest. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Feb 22, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #4,628 of 5,780
So after a year of daily use, and just like I expected... the hinge areas are breaking. Let me attach a picture... and I really wish audeze had done better on this build quality. It's not a buy it for life headset, and the build quality is only rated as an average gaming headset, cheaping out on plastic where there are stress points is just poor thought out construction. The crack is starting to expand across where the headset flexes at that joint. It sucks, but its such a common weak spot for headsets. This is not what we should be getting from a $400 dollar headset in the gaming area. Unless audeze addresses these kind of flaws in newer versions I expect us not to see another gaming headset from them. Sorry for the bad quality but my phone can only do so much... you can barely see the crack but its getting larger each time you put the headset on. I've taped it up with a strong bonding tape till I can get a RMA response from Audeze, and like I said... Orbit cloud S is showing up on Sunday, with a 3 year warrenty on it because I couldn't do that on the indigogo.
aIVc6cLaZahXe1NbaFYEqHJgnvzENBVTrkk5G4hd2uL098X5L3hFMudbWI164IqmqeJyIRv6Q-2K3qFsr6mXkimHkPOukt...jpg

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #4,629 of 5,780
So after a year of daily use, and just like I expected... the hinge areas are breaking. Let me attach a picture... and I really wish audeze had done better on this build quality. It's not a buy it for life headset, and the build quality is only rated as an average gaming headset, cheaping out on plastic where there are stress points is just poor thought out construction. The crack is starting to expand across where the headset flexes at that joint. It sucks, but its such a common weak spot for headsets. This is not what we should be getting from a $400 dollar headset in the gaming area. Unless audeze addresses these kind of flaws in newer versions I expect us not to see another gaming headset from them. Sorry for the bad quality but my phone can only do so much... you can barely see the crack but its getting larger each time you put the headset on. I've taped it up with a strong bonding tape till I can get a RMA response from Audeze, and like I said... Orbit cloud S is showing up on Sunday, with a 3 year warrenty on it because I couldn't do that on the indigogo. aIVc6cLaZahXe1NbaFYEqHJgnvzENBVTrkk5G4hd2uL098X5L3hFMudbWI164IqmqeJyIRv6Q-2K3qFsr6mXkimHkPOukt...jpg

try bit of acetone on the micro crack. mine breaks off completely as the crack enlarge.

Feb 22, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #4,631 of 5,780
That is a shame. I've been treating mine with extra care. When putting on or removing I only expand the band part that has been rubberized. When swivelling the cups for adjustment I grip right below the copper A logo for less stress as well. A bonus here is my fingers are already at the place where I can feel if both sides match up by how flush the swivel point is. I also use the included bag as a makeshift headband cover to add a little padding and protection (first pair from indigogo had peeling protective coat. Fingers crossed..
So after a year of daily use, and just like I expected... the hinge areas are breaking. Let me attach a picture... and I really wish audeze had done better on this build quality. It's not a buy it for life headset, and the build quality is only rated as an average gaming headset, cheaping out on plastic where there are stress points is just poor thought out construction. The crack is starting to expand across where the headset flexes at that joint. It sucks, but its such a common weak spot for headsets. This is not what we should be getting from a $400 dollar headset in the gaming area. Unless audeze addresses these kind of flaws in newer versions I expect us not to see another gaming headset from them. Sorry for the bad quality but my phone can only do so much... you can barely see the crack but its getting larger each time you put the headset on. I've taped it up with a strong bonding tape till I can get a RMA response from Audeze, and like I said... Orbit cloud S is showing up on Sunday, with a 3 year warrenty on it because I couldn't do that on the indigogo.

Feb 23, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #4,635 of 5,780
Any feedback on the firmware update guys? Are we happy with the latest version? Or do we wish we'd left it as-is(was)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back