Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Feb 18, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #4,606 of 5,780
I use this 15 m (!) active USB A extension cable with Mobius from time to time and it does work flawless:
https://smile.amazon.de/gp/product/B0042RRQ6S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm on firmware V5:
USB: 103
MCU: 1.71
DSP: 25
I ended up with a Cloud Orbit S, due to problems with my Mobius eBay shipping. As I did not plan on using Bluetooth it's no great concern.
I bought this product https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00O1X82UC/ as I plan to use the headphones in front of the TV with my HTPC but, unfortunately, even with a DC adapter giving extra power, the connection is really shaky.

So I've just bought this 15m Delock cable and I hope to have better luck. Will report back.

Currently my firmware states this:

USB: 115
MCU: 1.2

This, I repeat, with a Cloud Orbit S. I guess the "relevant" one is the DSP one, which is on the same version as Mobius.

Feb 18, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #4,607 of 5,780
Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone had encountered the same problem (just logged a ticket with Audeze Suppoort as well).

Basically, and for no apparent reason, my Mobius has suddenly stopped producing any sound. It is still detected correctly by Windows with everything appearing normal (for instance I do hear the voice when pushing the center button or changing the sound profile) however it will not produce any sound when trying to listen to a song, play a movie, play a game, etc... (not even the Windows control panel sound test works)

I have tried to plug it on a different PC and I get the exact same result. It installs itself correctly, is detected correctly but no sound. I have also tried to plug-it in via both the USB-C and USB 2.0 cables, no differences.

I did not do any modifications on my machine nor on the Mobius itself, it just stopped producing sound for no reason this evening.

I have to say I'm quite disappointed by the quality of the product, while it is an amazing device sound wise it is the second time I am having a problem with the Mobius (previous one had to be replaced) :triportsad:

Feb 18, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #4,609 of 5,780
Try power cycling a few times and see if that works.

Feb 18, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #4,610 of 5,780
im having a lot of issues with my mobius i just got. the controls randomly just stop working. Ill be playing a game like doom, and suddenly the volume drops, like windows is taking complete control on the headset, and my buttons no longer work, volume control doesnt work, 3d button doesnt work, none of the physical buttons work. Is this a known problem at all?

Feb 19, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #4,612 of 5,780
im having a lot of issues with my mobius i just got. the controls randomly just stop working. Ill be playing a game like doom, and suddenly the volume drops, like windows is taking complete control on the headset, and my buttons no longer work, volume control doesnt work, 3d button doesnt work, none of the physical buttons work. Is this a known problem at all?

Could it be your USB port which is not providing enough power to the Mobius?

Feb 19, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #4,613 of 5,780
It worked! after 6th consecutive on/off "exercices" it came back to life, thank you so much!

Have to say I am still worried about the overall build quality/durability, can't help to think about what might happen next :-/

Could it be your USB port which is not providing enough power to the Mobius?

I had an issue with mine, where the battery would drain if it was left plugged in and bluetooth on, with the computer off (and providing no power). After I turned on my computer to charge the mobius, they would stay on for a couple minutes/seconds before dying again. I had to wait about 2-5 minutes just to get a base charge, before they would stay on all the time.

Feb 19, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #4,614 of 5,780
It worked! after 6th consecutive on/off "exercices" it came back to life, thank you so much!

Have to say I am still worried about the overall build quality/durability, can't help to think about what might happen next :-/
Glad it worked.

I had a similar problem to dubzy, I think it was still drawing power or the cable/port I was using was not providing enough power.
Left the mobius plugged in for a bit then power cycled 3-4 times and it's been working fine since.
Only happened once in almost 1.5 years, basically been a problem free headset.

Feb 21, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #4,616 of 5,780
I ended up with a Cloud Orbit S, due to problems with my Mobius eBay shipping. As I did not plan on using Bluetooth it's no great concern.
I bought this product https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00O1X82UC/ as I plan to use the headphones in front of the TV with my HTPC but, unfortunately, even with a DC adapter giving extra power, the connection is really shaky.

So I've just bought this 15m Delock cable and I hope to have better luck. Will report back.

Currently my firmware states this:

USB: 115
MCU: 1.2

This, I repeat, with a Cloud Orbit S. I guess the "relevant" one is the DSP one, which is on the same version as Mobius.
What kind of shakiness do you experience?
If you slighly wiggle on the connector on the headphone?
The supplied USB-A to USB-C cable isn't the best quality and I had to use a tiny bit of a high quality contact cleaner "Teslanol T6" to make it reliable.
If you want to try that, do not spray, but use a wooden toothpick to apply a really tiny amount to the contacts.

At what point do you supply extra power, the cable does not have any connection, neither has the headphones?
Does this mean you use an USB hub?
If yes, try without.

Feb 21, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #4,617 of 5,780
Hi all,

Apologies for this lazy question, but:
I'm on an old firmware - I think it's the one that introduced 'warm' as a profile. I am still on the beta v1.0 version of the HQ app.
Should I upgrade the firmware? Is the spatial audio even better? Will I take a hit on the default and flat profiles (the only ones I use, and really like)?

I have no issues with the set, I love 'em to bits. If there's better virtual surround to enjoy, count me in. If the aforementioned signatures are going to suffer, then I'll stay as I am.
Interested in any and all input, thanks in advance!

Feb 21, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #4,619 of 5,780
does the other version, the cloud orbit S support surround sound on the consoles? it seems like the mobius doesnt because of licensing, but does the hyperx version? i cant tell based on articles im reading
I've not tried but I don't think so.

Feb 21, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #4,620 of 5,780
I've spent 3 whole weeks with Audeze Moebius and finally, I can say: I BLOODY HATE THEM!!!!11

SO2Q41q.png

1. Not able to play passive from amp.

2. Low battery life.

3. Cheap creaky plastic.

4. Uncomfortable fitting on head.

5. Tons of useless gimmicks and dumb features.

6. You have manually turn them off and disconnect every time to prevent battery drain.

7. Half-dozen of buttons to control this piece of S.

8. Cheap mic.

9. Long charging time.

10. Firmware updates and bugs + bonus feature: you may brick them :3

11. 3 different devices via wired Windows connection.

12. 3D imitation is unfaithful, not a true 5.1 or even 7.1.

13. Color options carbon/blue/copper irl looking bad, just the same cheap plastic.

14. Tons of paper in stock, but not even a bag.

15. Final nail in coffin: only basic SBC Bluetooth codec is useful. AAC is for Apple only and final gimmick is LDAC. Outside of mobile android devices, Sony,Fiio and Shanling players you almost have no options to receive 'lulzless' 'wierdless' LDAC signal onto darn Moebius. WHY NOT GODDAMNED APTX???!!!

The sad irony, I just wanted good wireless headphones for home...
And got anything, but not what I wanted.

I have a lot of wireless headphones, but noone does satisfy me in terms of sound-quality.

But at least, all they are much less pricey and CAN into APTX at least.
And are much more robust and useful.
For example, Marshall Monitors sounds pig-disgusting, but everything else is great about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back