Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Aug 26, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #4,141 of 5,780
Do you mean the v5 firmware that was released and subsequently pulled or a newer firmware that is ready for release?
The installation issues were with the driver, not the firmware itself.

Yes that is correct.

I think the main problem was getting it installed on some hardware configurations, but you never know, there might be some further tweaks
It will be called v6, because who does not like V6? jokes aside; the only tweaks were those that were needed for the firmware to work with the revised driver.

Aug 26, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #4,142 of 5,780
It will be called v6, because who does not like V6? jokes aside; the only tweaks were those that were needed for the firmware to work with the revised driver.
Thanks for the confirmation. Would there be any point in upgrading to v6 if you're already on v5 like me? Perhaps to prevent issues with future firmware upgrades with the new driver?

Aug 26, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #4,144 of 5,780
I mentioned it a few pages back. Latest Windows update caused a problem with the driver required to program Mobius, so we had to make changes to the driver and add to that, Windows also requires the driver to go though WHQL certification now. We are waiting for Microsoft to complete their testing, which typically takes 2 weeks to a month. Even though we have newer firmware ready, we are unable to release it until we have WHQL complete. The good news is we are hoping for it to be complete anytime within the next two weeks.
Will there be a brighter preset?
The last update (FW5) changed the Mobius into darker headphones!

I'd like to see a preset with some 2-3dB more above 3kHz (based on the "Flat" preset), but not below, as there's a little peak at 3kHz anyway that shouldn't be boosted further.
Take "Flat", boost the treble, pack it into the "Ballistics" preset's slot and rename it ("Bright", "Clear", whatever), "Ballistics" is almost identical to "Racing" and therefore obsolete.
BTW, "Flat" and "Default" are almost identical too (within less then 0.5dB), maybe that's not purposely?
They are even closer then "Ballistics" and " Racing", where "Ballistics" has up to 1.5dB less sub-bass.

See graphs:
Taken with Bruel&Kjaer Artifical Ear 4153.
Levels normalized to 2kHz, without normalize "Flat" is 1dB louder, which makes it seem sounding different, but it's not!

"Ballistics" (black) and " Racing" (green) is very close -
"Default" (orange) is almost identical to "Flat" (blue).
IMG_1204.PNG

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #4,145 of 5,780
I mentioned it a few pages back. Latest Windows update caused a problem with the driver required to program Mobius, so we had to make changes to the driver and add to that, Windows also requires the driver to go though WHQL certification now. We are waiting for Microsoft to complete their testing, which typically takes 2 weeks to a month. Even though we have newer firmware ready, we are unable to release it until we have WHQL complete. The good news is we are hoping for it to be complete anytime within the next two weeks.

What firmware are you on now?

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #4,148 of 5,780
@Lunar Eclipse how did you go about getting a replacement for the peeling headband. Mine has been peeling for months - I wasn't aware that it was covered. I love the headphones but the peeling is UGLY.
I didn't think it was covered as well because Audeze's warranty states it covers "factory defect only, not wear and tear or cosmetic damage from use". On the other hand, I feel like this counts as a factory defect because it's systemic and it's a design problem.

One complication is if they perform warranty replacement for one user having the issue (which apparently they've already done), it'd be unfair to deny warranty replacement for all other users having the issue. But that may end up being extremely costly because the issue can affect every Mobius ever sold. I still hope Audeze continues to cover the peeling issue, but I do feel bad for them.
I've got two months of warranty left so I'm going to put in a replacement request on Zendesk and see how it goes.

Aug 28, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #4,149 of 5,780
Pretty sure I am about past my warranty period. (got them on September 1st). I don't think I would send them back for the peeling as I only wear them sitting at my desk. I wouldn't mind some replacement ear cups though. Mine are about wore slam out. So much that I can feel the speaker grills on my ears. It can get uncomfortable after several hours of a gaming session.

Aug 28, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #4,150 of 5,780
This is the method I used. Mine had little bubble imperfections which I thought was just extra coating initially. They started peeling after approx 4months. My latest pair looks flawless and am using a cover just to be safe.
https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
@Lunar Eclipse how did you go about getting a replacement for the peeling headband. Mine has been peeling for months - I wasn't aware that it was covered. I love the headphones but the peeling is UGLY.

Aug 28, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #4,152 of 5,780
I should have never complained about the ear cups. Got home from work. Set my things down on my desk. My dog was excited and apparently got hung up on the cord to the mobius. Pulling them off the desk and breaking them. It's a sad day

Broken Audeze Mobius https://imgur.com/gallery/c0ulKwy
just dont breath the fumes =/
e6000-specialty-use-adhesive-237032-64_1000.jpg

Aug 28, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #4,154 of 5,780
I didn't think it was covered as well because Audeze's warranty states it covers "factory defect only, not wear and tear or cosmetic damage from use". On the other hand, I feel like this counts as a factory defect because it's systemic and it's a design problem.

One complication is if they perform warranty replacement for one user having the issue (which apparently they've already done), it'd be unfair to deny warranty replacement for all other users having the issue. But that may end up being extremely costly because the issue can affect every Mobius ever sold. I still hope Audeze continues to cover the peeling issue, but I do feel bad for them.
I've got two months of warranty left so I'm going to put in a replacement request on Zendesk and see how it goes.

Well, caveat, I am just a customer like you .

If every single one of us going to claim warranty, you know the game won't last very long.

Audeze as far as I know isn't the like of apple and Samsung which have a deep pocket. Let them have some change to pay bills and cook us new toys would be lovely.

Another disclaimer, I must be the one retail customer that have the highest number of mobius processed .

Have a good look of the faces of the team of Audeze, just family chaps like u and me .

Aug 29, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #4,155 of 5,780
Ouch!! Sorry to see this. If you do repair, may I suggest using toothpicks,zap straps or thin metal as a brace on the underside slathered in glue. At such a delicate spot there is usually only one shot at making the repair last. Some plastic repairs Ive seen small holes drilled on both broken ends and reinforced with small rods before gluing. Probably not applicable here unfortunately.

I should have never complained about the ear cups. Got home from work. Set my things down on my desk. My dog was excited and apparently got hung up on the cord to the mobius. Pulling them off the desk and breaking them. It's a sad day

Broken Audeze Mobius https://imgur.com/gallery/c0ulKwy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back