Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Aug 21, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #4,126 of 5,780
Our lab tells me 2VRMS sustained is the maximum safe voltage that will not damage the DSP.
@KMann - thank you for this long awaited information.
If this is correct it would mean there is no protective circuit at all, quite astonishing.
1.8V is the level that is needed to drive the AD to full scale signal.
Having a safe margin of only 10% before damage is ... ???

Does AUDEZE have had broken Aux inputs yet from customers?
I did not read about anything like this here in the forum.

Aug 21, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #4,127 of 5,780
@KMann - thank you for this long awaited information.
If this is correct it would mean there is no protective circuit at all, quite astonishing.
1.8V is the level that is needed to drive the AD to full scale signal.
Having a safe margin of only 10% before damage is ... ???

Does AUDEZE have had broken Aux inputs yet from customers?
I did not read about anything like this here in the forum.

There is a reason why I said sustained not peak. 2VRMS is conservative and safe. Transients will have bit more margin, It is rare to see music signals at full-scale 2VRMS on typical use. Also the reason why to my knowledge we have not seen any returned to us because of high voltage.

Aug 24, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #4,130 of 5,780
I recieved my replacement Mobius due to the headband peeling.

For now I wrap the included Audeze bag around the headband to minimize any future wear now that my warranty is almost done. Perhaps I'll score one of those seatbelt shoulder pads from amazon in the future.

My Mobius now have what I believe to be the latest firmware as I can select 3d without headtracking and the flat preset subjectively feels less fatiguing.

Another bonus is the left cup no longer runs nearly as warm as the previous pair.

There does seem to be a bug in VLC where if the Mobius is my default device, the sound output is stuck on 'headphone'(2 chan ambisonic?). I believe it should use the 'original' setting to get all 5.1 or 7.1 channels to the Mobius unprocessed.

I still enjoy using unconventional hrtf settings on certain music due to varying studio production technique. Using hesuvi(ooyh+warm) and mobius bt can be quite fun too. Double stacking with isone(2 channel) or hesuvi isn't neccesarily an audio sin if the end result is fun times. I do recommend only one vss reverb enabled at a time.

Cheers all!

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #4,132 of 5,780
What is the latest firmware?
My Audeze app displays:
usb 102, mcu 1.70, dsp 25

I think it would be cool if under the device info page it displayed all the button/wheel combo presses for quick handy reference.

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #4,135 of 5,780
@Audeze @KMann
When can we expect a new working firmware. The time for me to return the Mobius to the seller is over as I hoped for a solution and nothing ever happens and I wonder.
I mentioned it a few pages back. Latest Windows update caused a problem with the driver required to program Mobius, so we had to make changes to the driver and add to that, Windows also requires the driver to go though WHQL certification now. We are waiting for Microsoft to complete their testing, which typically takes 2 weeks to a month. Even though we have newer firmware ready, we are unable to release it until we have WHQL complete. The good news is we are hoping for it to be complete anytime within the next two weeks.

What firmware are you on now?

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #4,139 of 5,780
It will be an updated version of the V5 firmware that doesn't have the problems the original V5 firmware did
I'm on v5 and I don't have any problems, at least not any that weren't there before (v3 and earlier). Apart from maybe a slight regression where if you scroll too fast after clicking the mic volume wheel the EQ setting won't change, but that's very minor. The installation issues were with the driver, not the firmware itself.

Aug 26, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #4,140 of 5,780
I'm on v5 and I don't have any problems, at least not any that weren't there before (v3 and earlier). Apart from maybe a slight regression where if you scroll too fast after clicking the mic volume wheel the EQ setting won't change, but that's very minor. The installation issues were with the driver, not the firmware itself.

I think the main problem was getting it installed on some hardware configurations, but you never know, there might be some further tweaks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back