Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Mar 20, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #3,016 of 5,780
Hey @Audeze @KMann , i might need some help from you.

Up until shortly before christmas last year i had an e-mail conversation with one of your support team about details for the top 20 Fan pack, but since then there is only silence, no response to my mails anymore.
If you need any details please PM me, i would really like to finish the process and finally recieve my fan pack :)

Hey @Audeze and @KMann , unfortunately I still made no progress with this, would really appretiate your help!

Mar 20, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #3,017 of 5,780
Hi guys,
I have a question for you: I am not a gamer, but I watch movies and listen to music, I love the quality of sound, but I am not a fan of the "flat", I appreciate headphones that for films create a "cinema hall" effect and make the music rich in details .... over the years I have tested various headphones: momentum 2.0 OE - P7 - qc35 - pm3 - dt770 - p7w - h6 2 - m50x - qc35 II now I'm testing these mobius, which for movies compared to the others they have no rivals .... in your opinion, for a similar use, in mobility, without games and mainly with activated bluetooth, mobius is wasted? Do you recommend some solution that is more suitable for the task?
I am pretty sure there is no better Bluetooth headphone on the market for sound quality, with or without 3d effects. Tastes may very, but for pure fidelity, to my knowledge, these are it.

Mar 21, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #3,019 of 5,780
Sometimes when I turn the headphones on the sound is to the right and I need to recenter to get the audio back to the middle. Anyone else have this issue?

Is your Mobius set to 'manual' 3D?
This is supposedly a rare issue people are having (i'm inclined to believe people are just unaware their units exhibit this issue since they probably set it to 'auto' and called it a day), i'm also told that units with this issue are a hardware fault in the 3D tracking system, also make sure you use their application for confirmation so you're not feeling the placebo effect.
I've sent my original unit back, the new unit was replaced with a even worse display of drift(perhaps i should get a lotto ticket?)
For the 3rd time, the Audeze support staff asked if i'd like them to be personally tested, which i agreed to,
I just want a working pair because i'm pretty happy with the product as a whole, ticks all the boxes for me.

Just note to everyone, if you have this issue and you're a indiegogo backer, you will be required to front up shipping which is a bummer, but if it happens again Audeze will cover the next time via FedEx.

Mar 21, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #3,020 of 5,780
I am pretty sure there is no better Bluetooth headphone on the market for sound quality, with or without 3d effects. Tastes may very, but for pure fidelity, to my knowledge, these are it.

Yep . Despite some issues with mobius.

So far there is none better wireless headphones with better sound quality.

If anyone managed to find a better one, please enlighten us.

Mar 21, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #3,021 of 5,780
I am pretty sure there is no better Bluetooth headphone on the market for sound quality, with or without 3d effects. Tastes may very, but for pure fidelity, to my knowledge, these are it.[/QUO compare to Amiron wireless?

Yep . Despite some issues with mobius.

So far there is none better wireless headphones with better sound quality.

If anyone managed to find a better one, please enlighten us.
Would be interested in hearing a comparison to the amiron home wireless purely for music. Cost is higher but they can be found used for 450 or so. Not exactly apples to apples. Also the Grado wireless is an excellent sounding bt headset. For purely music, it would be a tough call between that and mobius.

Mar 21, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #3,022 of 5,780
Would be interested in hearing a comparison to the amiron home wireless purely for music. Cost is higher but they can be found used for 450 or so. Not exactly apples to apples. Also the Grado wireless is an excellent sounding bt headset. For purely music, it would be a tough call between that and mobius.

The Beyers and Grados would be more of a colored and much different sounding headphone, with the ringing and distortion, compared to the Mobius' more reference sound and binaural rendering. They very well could sound just as good, they're just going to sound very different.

Mar 21, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #3,023 of 5,780
With a good seal (which is hard to get), Amiron Wireless sound as good as Mobius - both are totl Bluetooth headphones. AW has a more balanced frequency response and tonality with satisfying dynamic driver bass rumble and crisp but not piercing highs (unlike many Beyer headphones). Mobius has slightly better resolution, better extended and precise planar bass, and more features. I ended up selling the AW and keeping the Mobius.

IMO, YMMV, etc.

Mar 21, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #3,024 of 5,780
With a good seal (which is hard to get), Amiron Wireless sound as good as Mobius - both are totl Bluetooth headphones. AW has a more balanced frequency response and tonality with satisfying dynamic driver bass rumble and crisp but not piercing highs (unlike many Beyer headphones). Mobius has slightly better resolution, better extended and precise planar bass, and more features. I ended up selling the AW and keeping the Mobius.

IMO, YMMV, etc.

I wish Audeze would offer a stripped down mobius, minus the headtracking and up the build quality to something more like the sine. Basically a simple bt planar with all the presets and dsp. That’s a winner in my book. Really nothing out there like that right now. Maybe just convert the sine which is gorgeous to a bt headphone.

Mar 21, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #3,025 of 5,780
My mic doesn't work on bluetooth but fine while on USB. I don't see the mic under Sound --> Recording. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Mar 21, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #3,026 of 5,780
I wish Audeze would offer a stripped down mobius, minus the headtracking and up the build quality to something more like the sine. Basically a simple bt planar with all the presets and dsp. That’s a winner in my book. Really nothing out there like that right now. Maybe just convert the sine which is gorgeous to a bt headphone.
Audeze chaps need to eat I suppose .

Mar 21, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #3,027 of 5,780
No ldac .No thanks.

Mar 22, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #3,028 of 5,780
Is your Mobius set to 'manual' 3D?
This is supposedly a rare issue people are having (i'm inclined to believe people are just unaware their units exhibit this issue since they probably set it to 'auto' and called it a day), i'm also told that units with this issue are a hardware fault in the 3D tracking system, also make sure you use their application for confirmation so you're not feeling the placebo effect.
I've sent my original unit back, the new unit was replaced with a even worse display of drift(perhaps i should get a lotto ticket?)
For the 3rd time, the Audeze support staff asked if i'd like them to be personally tested, which i agreed to,
I just want a working pair because i'm pretty happy with the product as a whole, ticks all the boxes for me.

Just note to everyone, if you have this issue and you're a indiegogo backer, you will be required to front up shipping which is a bummer, but if it happens again Audeze will cover the next time via FedEx.

Yes it's set to manual 3d. Not sure if it's worth it to send it back since I can recenter. It occurs about 50% of the time. I was hoping it could've been fixed with a firmware but oh well.

edit- @tidehunter1 I read your other post on this issue. You mean the sound will drift left/right while it is on?? If so that is different from me. Mine is sometimes to the right only when I turn it on. Once it is on and I recenter, the sound doesn't move.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #3,030 of 5,780
LDAC sounds very nice compared to the other blutooth codecs on Android.
There is also a difference between the 96mhz vs 48/44.1mhz settings in Android.
The 96mhz is highly preferable in my ears both with Mobius and Sony 1000xm3 (the Sony's are gathering dust after I got the Mobius by the way)
And MQS albums on Tidal sounds splendid on the Mobius
They have less loudness compression/better mastering compared to hi-fi versions on the album's I compared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back