Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Mar 15, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #3,004 of 5,780
I wanted to know if it could be used like a normal wired headphone.

Thanks, all.

You can use the 3.5mm adapter, but the headphones need a battery charge and turned on in order to play sound. If the battery if empty (or they are not on), you will not hear anything

Mar 15, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #3,005 of 5,780
thanks for the reply, I connect them via bluetooth to apple tv 4 - imac 27 "- iphone X - ipad pro for netflix-film-amazon music unlimited

Getting full surround over bluetooth is going to be a complex process using other devices like a gaming sound card(creative g6)/astro mixamp to accept the surround signal via optical toslink and output binaural stereo, and then sending that signal to a bluetooth transmitter.

I wouldn't say the Mobius' is wasted though as you can still use 3d with headtracking for stereo.

Mar 15, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #3,006 of 5,780
Getting full surround over bluetooth is going to be a complex process using other devices like a gaming sound card(creative g6)/astro mixamp to accept the surround signal via optical toslink and output binaural stereo, and then sending that signal to a bluetooth transmitter.

I wouldn't say the Mobius' is wasted though as you can still use 3d with headtracking for stereo.

I now have qc35 II and mobius and I know I'm sick of testing others. I returned both m50x and h6 2 gen because they didn't satisfy me. my choice will be between qc or mobius for film and music .... which of the tips?

Mar 15, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #3,007 of 5,780
apple tv 4 - imac 27 "- iphone X - ipad pro

Should add that I dont know that the iphone or ipad output surround sound anyway, and the appltv probably doesnt have optical so youd need an hdmi audio extractor.

Mar 15, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #3,008 of 5,780
I now have qc35 II and mobius and I know I'm sick of testing others. I returned both m50x and h6 2 gen because they didn't satisfy me. my choice will be between qc or mobius for film and music .... which of the tips?

I would only use the Bose for noise cancelling on a plane or train or w.e, the Mobius has significantly better fidelity.

Mar 15, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #3,009 of 5,780
Just noticed the headband on my indiegogo copper pair has started to bubble and peel. @Audeze Whats your policy on this as far as rma exchange? Never abused and worn maybe twice outside as a test for mobile use when first received in September.
Contact support@audeze and we should be able to help you with this

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 15, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #3,012 of 5,780
my reflection is that mobius is for players, but bose is not. I'm not a player
I only use my Mobius for music on my phone via bluetooth

Mar 15, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #3,014 of 5,780
and for this purpose a sine of audeze would not be better?
I personally really like the convolution of the Mobius, maintains a very similar uncolored sound compared to listening without, while expanding the soundstage and pushing the image out of your head and forward similar to listening to studio monitors, with the added benefit of the head tracking, fixing the virtual speakers in place and adding to the realism of the effect.

Mar 15, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #3,015 of 5,780

Users who are viewing this thread

Back