Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Mar 7, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #2,972 of 5,780
How can I enable hi-res mode in foobar in Windows over BT connection? I can only play 16 bit 44.1hz. If I switch to 24bit it says it is unsupported.

I think your need a Bluetooth connection that supports LDAC, not sure if windows has that by default.

I'm having trouble with foobar too, I can only play 96KHz 24bit files using WASAPI via USB. The only way I can play files with other sampling rates is by using the normal windows sound stack which is disappointing.

MPC-BE doesn't seem to have this issue. Maybe there is a resampling plugin?

Mar 7, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #2,974 of 5,780
Not sure if this is where I should post this question, I'm trying to decide getting the bowers and Wilkins PX or the audeze Mobius. Do they still have the issue with the audeze with the hissing?

If you are in a super quiet environment with no music playing you will hear some hissing but I cannot even notice it when something is playing. Even if it is quiet music played at low volume

Mar 8, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #2,976 of 5,780
Not sure if this is where I should post this question, I'm trying to decide getting the bowers and Wilkins PX or the audeze Mobius. Do they still have the issue with the audeze with the hissing?

Not to get too off topic, but have you checked out https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bowers-wilkins-px-noise-cancelling-over-ears.861606/page-175 ? The PX will give you active noise cancelling (although the sound quality decreases at higher levels), more bluetooth codecs (aptx HD, which most android phones have). I had a pair of the PX, and they sounded great, but only when they had a perfect seal around my ears. They were too uncomfortable for me personally, and I wanted better noise cancellation, so I went with the Sony wh-1000xm3. The PX phone app was simple enough to figure out, but its options are pretty limited.

The Mobius (which I don't own, but I have been watching) seem more like PC headphones, that also have bluetooth connectivity. You don't get the active noise cancelling, but you do get more features designed for PC gaming (boom mic, 3d audio, in-depth PC software). If you plan on just using a pair of headphones around the house that you might occasionally take out with bluetooth, I would go with the Mobius.

Mar 8, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #2,977 of 5,780
Just got this in the mail yesterday and apparently the 3D aspect of the headphone is pretty awesome for any set of planar magnetic headphone set. I was astonished at the clarity and precision of this headphones for detailed listening (I haven't tried any games yet even though I'm a Twitch streamer.) Compared to the Oppo PM-1's I demo'ed a long time ago these headphones are easier to drive from my Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

Mar 9, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #2,979 of 5,780
I really like the "warm" setting on the mobius.I might even like it more than my audeze lcd2c.The bass is better.Now im not sure if im going to keep my lcd2cs or sell them.I havent tried the true-fi lcd2c profile yet on them.But going to try that later.My lcd2cs get little play time.I used them last weekend.And before that was in december 2018 :p with wife and kid in house,its easier with an closed back bluetooth headphone :)

Mar 11, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #2,981 of 5,780
- Shame about the quality
- Shame about the finickiness of USB
- Shame about the self-noise (background hiss)
- Shame about the not so easily replaceable pads (too small / shallow for me)
- Shame about the lack of EQ

Other than that, I really liked them for the one day that they worked - lol :-D

Mar 11, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #2,982 of 5,780
- Shame about the quality
- Shame about the finickiness of USB
- Shame about the self-noise (background hiss)
- Shame about the not so easily replaceable pads (too small / shallow for me)
- Shame about the lack of EQ
Hmm..

Mine dont have a scratch on em... in perfect condition after half a year of daily use.

Just the other day I wanted to use them on my pc while doing some video tests instead of turning my desktop rig on, plugged into the front usb port with zero connection issues. At worst use a hub or active cable to strengthen signal integrity, you are sending 15mb/s bitsreams of audio for movies afterall.

Mine have a noise when they first turn on, say bluetooth, then go quiet, inaudible after that in any mode.

Any pads with a pleather mounting ring/lip like brainwavz will slide right over the mobius earcups, I've recommended adding the felt and plastic rings to ensure a seal.

Sure they have eq presets instead of a 6band builtin eq, but whether using a pc or a phone good parametric eqs aren't hard to come by.

Don't mean to be argumentative just had a completely different experience with the headphones.

Mar 11, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #2,984 of 5,780
I love everything about this headset except the fact that they don't work at all when your battery runs out completely.

Mar 11, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #2,985 of 5,780
I love everything about this headset except the fact that they don't work at all when your battery runs out completely.
Ya, they're power hungry, I've resigned myself to charging them all the time =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back