Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jan 18, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #2,746 of 5,780
@ColinMacLaren ,@Chintz -- We have discussed this and we feel it will be more efficient for on of our cs reps is able to do a goto meeting with you and walk you through the process. As soon as we have worked out a few details, I will PM you both.

Sound great, thank you.

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #2,748 of 5,780
Anyone else have this problem? After updating the Audeze HQ software and firmware to the current versions yesterday, the "mannequin" head in the Audeze HQ app never registers any movement and the pitch, yaw, and roll numbers are all sitting at 0.000. I have tried re-booting, running as admin, using a different computer and it is the same. I am still getting audio and can switch through the different modes and the app shows that it is connected and recognizes the battery life, mute button position, etc. but the head tracking seems to be disabled for some reason.

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #2,749 of 5,780
Anyone else have this problem? After updating the Audeze HQ software and firmware to the current versions yesterday, the "mannequin" head in the Audeze HQ app never registers any movement and the pitch, yaw, and roll numbers are all sitting at 0.000. I have tried re-booting, running as admin, using a different computer and it is the same. I am still getting audio and can switch through the different modes and the app shows that it is connected and recognizes the battery life, mute button position, etc. but the head tracking seems to be disabled for some reason.
Power cycle Mobius, and please double check if you are on 7.1 or Sreo mode and if 3D is on. Sometimes when you are on Hires mode, youmay not realize and it turns off head tracking. also make sure you have not turned off head-tracking by accident.

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #2,750 of 5,780
Power cycle Mobius, and please double check if you are on 7.1 or Sreo mode and if 3D is on. Sometimes when you are on Hires mode, youmay not realize and it turns off head tracking. also make sure you have not turned off head-tracking by accident.
I have tried cycling through all of the modes and it never changes. Also have done several power cycles. How do you turn on or off head tracking, other than changing the mode to stereo?
Thanks for the prompt reply btw :)

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #2,751 of 5,780
I have tried cycling through all of the modes and it never changes. Also have done several power cycles. How do you turn on or off head tracking, other than changing the mode to stereo?
Thanks for the prompt reply btw :)

Press and hold the 3D button. Also make sure on Windows PC Mobius shows up as a 8 Channel device.

Also , when you listen to music do thing head tracking is working?

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #2,752 of 5,780
@KMann unfortunately, I've bricked my Mobius too on the firmware upgrade.
Followed all the instructions, laid it flat on the table, and just as the process of update started, my PC BSOD'ed. Naturally, Mobius do not get recognised now, and only the red led light up when connecting to the PC.
It would be nice if you could share the instruction. Or I can do goto meeting if that's easier.

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #2,753 of 5,780
Naturally, Mobius do not get recognised now, and only the red led light up when connecting to the PC.
It would be nice if you could share the instruction. Or I can do goto meeting if that's easier.
Assuming you power cycled Mobius, when you connect Mobius to PC, does it show upas another device (say Realtek?) Also if you have not tried it already, please try to see if it works with another PC/Mac or mobile device.

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #2,754 of 5,780
Press and hold the 3D button. Also make sure on Windows PC Mobius shows up as a 8 Channel device.

Also , when you listen to music do thing head tracking is working?
In the Audeze app I can see the modes changing when I press the 3D button and I can hear the muse recognizing the change, but nothing is registering for the head tracking. It is showing up in Windows as "Audeze Mobius 3D 8Ch". When listening to music it does not sound like head tracking is working in any mode.

Jan 18, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #2,756 of 5,780
Assuming you power cycled Mobius, when you connect Mobius to PC, does it show upas another device (say Realtek?) Also if you have not tried it already, please try to see if it works with another PC/Mac or mobile device.
The problem is that it doesn't powercycle - holding the power button does nothing. And it doesn't get recognised at all, on other devices too.

Jan 18, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #2,758 of 5,780
When connected to my iMac via USB-C, selecting 2 channel audio via Mobuis switches audio output back to the Mac. Long pressing the microphone wheel switches to 7.1 and audio returns to Mobius. Anyone else experience something similar? I have cycled through several times and it repeats each time.

Jan 18, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #2,759 of 5,780
Run the app in admin mode .

Jan 19, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #2,760 of 5,780
In the Audeze app I can see the modes changing when I press the 3D button and I can hear the muse recognizing the change, but nothing is registering for the head tracking. It is showing up in Windows as "Audeze Mobius 3D 8Ch". When listening to music it does not sound like head tracking is working in any mode.

Sounds like my Mobius. My headtracking comes back when everything (headset and pc) is reset... but it doesn't last long and in about 15 mins time, headtracking is stuck again.

But I use it for listening these days so I don't bother with headtracking and am hoping that a stable firmware will fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back