Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jan 20, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #2,765 of 5,780
After updating to (V2, public beta) I pressed Reset and Apply for the settings in the HQ app (first noted the values down) and re-entered the head measurement and ambience values.
After this process Mobius behaved like it should.
I have to admit, I am not sure if several power cycles or the mentioned above did the trick.
But out of the comments here for (V3) it seems there is something going on too.

Jan 20, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #2,766 of 5,780
There is a slight bug with the latest firmware for me, in that if you cycle inputs it forgets the stored EQ. Not a massive deal.

Gamers - I recommend experimenting with the ambience setting. Increasing it to 45 has been a revelation for me. Shadow of the Tomb Raider using 'Ballistic' EQ with the widened setting is just an incredible experience....and that is just feeding them a stereo signal from the Xbox. Amazing.

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #2,770 of 5,780
It sounds to me like the warm preset has been refined in v3 coming from the v1 firmware. On v1 I found it veiled and kinda muddy, but on v3 it's much better. Luckily for me I haven't encountered any problems with the new firmware either. Thanks Audeze!

Jan 20, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #2,774 of 5,780
@KMann & @Audeze I'm sorry to repeat this question, but I did not get any response the first time I raised it, which is why I am having another go at it:

What should Mac Users do regarding these firmware updates? I almost exclusively use my Mobius on Mac Computers, although I have one windows computer that I use for occasional windows exclusive tasks. It is what I used to configure the Mobius when it first arrived. Now I have the Mobius App on that computer, and also on my Macs.

If the update can be done using my Mac computer, then there is no problem. However, formal instructions seem to exist only for doing the update on windows, so I am assuming it can be done using only the windows computer. But then, in that case, the question arises as to how Mobius would work with the App on the Macs once updated on windows, as if to be used with the App on Windows. Will the Mobius still be compatible with the App on Mac after such an update?

Bottomline : If I use my Mobius exclusively on a Mac, should I even consider any firmware updates, or should I ditch the idea altogether?

Could you kindly advise, as to what the "best practices" are for Mac users, when it comes to firmware updates?

Thanks.

Jan 20, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #2,775 of 5,780
@KMann & @Audeze I'm sorry to repeat this question, but I did not get any response the first time I raised it, which is why I am having another go at it:

What should Mac Users do regarding these firmware updates? I almost exclusively use my Mobius on Mac Computers, although I have one windows computer that I use for occasional windows exclusive tasks. It is what I used to configure the Mobius when it first arrived. Now I have the Mobius App on that computer, and also on my Macs.

If the update can be done using my Mac computer, then there is no problem. However, formal instructions seem to exist only for doing the update on windows, so I am assuming it can be done using only the windows computer. But then, in that case, the question arises as to how Mobius would work with the App on the Macs once updated on windows, as if to be used with the App on Windows. Will the Mobius still be compatible with the App on Mac after such an update?

Bottomline : If I use my Mobius exclusively on a Mac, should I even consider any firmware updates, or should I ditch the idea altogether?

Could you kindly advise, as to what the "best practices" are for Mac users, when it comes to firmware updates?

Thanks.
@sahmen -- Sorry I thought we addressed this earlier. Firmware update requires a driver to put your Mobius in programmable mode. However, the drivers are not available for MAC (and we do not foresee it happening in the future either). So you will not be able to update firmware for your Mobius using a Mac.

The good news is, once you update the firmware on your Mobius using a PC (or a friend's PC), Mobius will still work as before on a Mac with any new features or bug fixes we applied.

I hope this clarifies your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back