Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Dec 29, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #2,581 of 5,780
Quick question - has anyone used the Mobius on a plane and can report passive noise cancellation/effectiveness in that scenario?
About to fly out tomorrow and wondering if it's worth having the Mobius in carry on (to listen from phone or laptop) compared to using IEMs all the time.
Cheers!

Flew 4 flights so far with the Mobius. It works great, but nowhere near anc sets for isolation. That being said, the volume goes high enough to drown out engine noise and is a lot more comfortable than the anc sets they provide on biz class.

Neighbor behind me asked what "Audeeze" was after the flight waiting dor the doors to open (guess he stared at my headband throughout the flight) and told him it's his lucky day to discover a top tier personal audio company and should get one pronto.

Dec 29, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #2,582 of 5,780
3D for music works so much better with lossless files and a wired connection. It’s a dramatic difference. You can literally move around the soundstage as if you’re in the middle of the performance on tracks that were produced well. For example on Christmas classic “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” if you tilt your head to face either of the singers or instruments, they become front and center and sound even more clear. Turn your head toward the female singer on the track. Chills!

This works surprisingly well for modern tracks as well that become a jumbled mess over Bluetooth. You can hear every single aspect of the song clearly and the 3D movement is pretty clean. Drastic difference over the 3D quality presented via Bluetooth. I’ve seen head-tracking become more desirable in audiophile communities so with a lossless source these could be endgame for a lot of people!

Dec 29, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #2,583 of 5,780
Quick question - has anyone used the Mobius on a plane and can report passive noise cancellation/effectiveness in that scenario?
About to fly out tomorrow and wondering if it's worth having the Mobius in carry on (to listen from phone or laptop) compared to using IEMs all the time.
Cheers!

I used them and enjoyed them a lot but you do have to raise the volume more than you’re used to in order to drown out the plane.

That said if you want to sleep I think noise isolating iems with a low volume music works best for me.

I had Bose QC before which are nice for quiet/comfort but for absolute best closed back music/movie sound quality in the air. These.

Dec 30, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #2,584 of 5,780
Hello,

Just bought these beauties and really love them, but mainly using them on PS4 at the moment.
My only gripe is that I cant adjust the mic volume of my group of friends... so they are too loud when speaking and when I up the volume on game play they get louder.. can’t see any settings on PS4 to change this.
Really bugging me, I need a quick fix or I may have to send them back. Is this the same on the PC?
The sound on these headphones are gorgeous!

Dec 30, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #2,585 of 5,780
Hello,

Just bought these beauties and really love them, but mainly using them on PS4 at the moment.
My only gripe is that I cant adjust the mic volume of my group of friends... so they are too loud when speaking and when I up the volume on game play they get louder.. can’t see any settings on PS4 to change this.
Really bugging me, I need a quick fix or I may have to send them back. Is this the same on the PC?
The sound on these headphones are gorgeous!
In the options menu (Hold down the PS button) you should see a menu that allows you to adjust the game volume as well as chat volume. This doesn't work ?

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Dec 30, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #2,586 of 5,780
4F814F34-2D0E-4EAA-A798-69C5B127241E.jpeg
A9D12653-37D7-42AA-93A4-938C3B1340FC.jpeg
BD0DA71F-312A-4600-B2FA-B95EE7C8004D.jpeg
Nope... just doesn’t give me the option. Only the the master volume that does both.
I have add some pics

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #2,590 of 5,780
I love my Mobius but the mic volume wheel is the biggest flaw for me. It would be great if it was for controlling the volume of other people and not my mic.

Wouldn’t mind so much but my party is louder than the actual game.. luckily they aren’t some screaming little child’s other wise my head would explode.

Is this something Audeze could resolve with firmware or is it just a added bonus of the headphones blowing my brains out when I join a lobby full of shouting kids?

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #2,591 of 5,780
Wouldn’t mind so much but my party is louder than the actual game.. luckily they aren’t some screaming little child’s other wise my head would explode.

Is this something Audeze could resolve with firmware or is it just a added bonus of the headphones blowing my brains out when I join a lobby full of shouting kids?

While I don't own a PS4, I do play quite a bit on Xbox One using my Mobius, and the best solution I've found is to connect to my 3.5mm jack on my controller using a Turtle Beach adapter that allows me to adjust game volume and party chat volume independent of one another.

Dec 31, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #2,592 of 5,780
While I don't own a PS4, I do play quite a bit on Xbox One using my Mobius, and the best solution I've found is to connect to my 3.5mm jack on my controller using a Turtle Beach adapter that allows me to adjust game volume and party chat volume independent of one another.

Not a bad shout, only problem is the volume even at max using the aux cable is to way to low. This is the only reason I’m using a 3m usb cable from headphones to PS4 with the new firmware I was given from Audeze.
(You don’t get the same max volumes using a aux and usb they are both different)

Dec 31, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #2,593 of 5,780
I used them and enjoyed them a lot but you do have to raise the volume more than you’re used to in order to drown out the plane.

That said if you want to sleep I think noise isolating iems with a low volume music works best for me.

I had Bose QC before which are nice for quiet/comfort but for absolute best closed back music/movie sound quality in the air. These.

And @Heavyboxer

Thanks for the replies! I took them on with me and tried them out. Actually kind of fun to have wireless music from my phone for a bit but the bass is very diminished on the plane (as it is with my IEMs - this is a plane issue, not a Mobius one!) You're both right that they need a bit of cranking to drown out the cabin noise but it wasn't to uncomfortable levels. All in all I wouldn't identify them as good for a flight but they're also not bad.

Really enjoyed them on the trip though, very glad I took them with me. Best result I've had by far for AV consumption away from home. Did have multiple moments of having to take them off and double check that no sound was actually going out into the room!

Dec 31, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #2,594 of 5,780

I doubt they can fix it with an update since voice chat is mixed with game volume and not it's own channel like other headphones, like my previous ones had audio through optical and chat through 3.5mm, so i could control them individually.

I play on PC so it's can be pretty annoying having to alt tab to discord to change volume of chat for everyone.

Dec 31, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #2,595 of 5,780
I doubt they can fix it with an update since voice chat is mixed with game volume and not it's own channel like other headphones, like my previous ones had audio through optical and chat through 3.5mm, so i could control them individually.

I play on PC so it's can be pretty annoying having to alt tab to discord to change volume of chat for everyone.

Yeah my turtle beach was wireless so it had a tower, that had a optical cable from PS4 and then the aux was in my controller so I had the same option to change the volumes on voice chat and game.
Just wondering if there is a work around... (I guess I could disown friends :wink: ) otherwise I will have the same issue with other headphones unless they have the wireless tower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back