Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Dec 25, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #2,551 of 5,780
Shouldn't matter though my PC is the power supply so if they're plugged in they should just power on and work, ImI not using them in wireless mode.

Nope they're only battery powered. And the battery readout is buggy.

Dec 25, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #2,552 of 5,780
Wow'd a few family members with the Mobius' head tracking and all commented on the incredible fidelity as well.

Dec 26, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #2,556 of 5,780
I received a set of these headphones for Christmas yesterday, truly fabulous gift. I had a chance to check them out last night. 3d audio in the game I tested is pretty awesome, I've never experienced surround in headphone before, and I was pretty amazed at how well I could hear enemy footsteps behind me in Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I checked out an episode of The Expanse, and the Mobius sounded great. Bass impact was fantastic, and I was particularly impressed with the clarity of the dialog in the episode I watched. I listened to some music, and was a little disappointed by a relative lack of bass response for metal music, I will likely have to utilize some sort of equalizer to boost low end response a bit to suit my tastes.

I am using my new Audeze Mobius in windows 10. Unfortunately I am having trouble with disconnections. If I use the included USB-C cable, I get disconnects every few minutes. If I use a different USB-C cable I already have it's better, but still disconnects every 10-15 minutes. I have tried both usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 ports on my computer. Is my new pair of headphones defective?

Dec 26, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #2,557 of 5,780
I am using my new Audeze Mobius in windows 10. Unfortunately I am having trouble with disconnections. If I use the included USB-C cable, I get disconnects every few minutes. If I use a different USB-C cable I already have it's better, but still disconnects every 10-15 minutes. I have tried both usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 ports on my computer. Is my new pair of headphones defective?
Congrats on your acquisition!
I have used the Mobius with the included cable, plugged directly into a motherboard USB jack, and gamed for several hours without a single hiccup.
Did you try installing straight into the motherboard? If I was getting disconnects, first thing I'd do is try to reduce the connection(s) from headphone, to cable, to computer. Also, press the cable a little more firmly into the headphone jack. Maybe. Just some suggestions.

Dec 26, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #2,558 of 5,780
Congrats on your acquisition!
I have used the Mobius with the included cable, plugged directly into a motherboard USB jack, and gamed for several hours without a single hiccup.
Did you try installing straight into the motherboard? If I was getting disconnects, first thing I'd do is try to reduce the connection(s) from headphone, to cable, to computer. Also, press the cable a little more firmly into the headphone jack. Maybe. Just some suggestions.

That is certainly something I haven't tried yet going directly to the back of the motherboard, I'll give that a shot next time I use the headphones. At the moment I've had the cord(s) plugged into a usb 3.0 extension and the usb header in my case.

Dec 26, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #2,559 of 5,780
@maxsilver - also if using USB C for the Mobius, consider getting another cable, the one that came with my Mobius was DOA. I ended up using the USB A - C cable that came with it until I could order another C.

Dec 26, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #2,560 of 5,780
That is certainly something I haven't tried yet going directly to the back of the motherboard, I'll give that a shot next time I use the headphones. At the moment I've had the cord(s) plugged into a usb 3.0 extension and the usb header in my case.

Try using an active cable or a hub. The usb 3.1 hub chips have great signal integrity.

Dec 26, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #2,561 of 5,780
@maxsilver - also if using USB C for the Mobius, consider getting another cable, the one that came with my Mobius was DOA. I ended up using the USB A - C cable that came with it until I could order another C.

The included cable for me is pretty bad too, it seems to give me disconnects within a few minutes of use. I had a brand new unused USB C cable that is better, but still disconnects every 10-15 minutes.

Dec 27, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #2,563 of 5,780
So I listened to an interview with Audeze and Metal571 on his YouTube channel and learned something which has made me enjoy these headphones even more.

Apparently if you’re using them in 3D mode the tuning for that which Audeze has created is the Music EQ - which has a boosted bass in order to offset the 3D DSP. Whereas for 2 channel or Hi-Rez their Default EQ is the preferred Audeze tuning.

I’ve been using them like this for the last couple of days and I think they sound absolutely fabulous this way (before I listened to everything in default).

Dec 27, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #2,564 of 5,780
So I listened to an interview with Audeze and Metal571 on his YouTube channel and learned something which has made me enjoy these headphones even more.

Apparently if you’re using them in 3D mode the tuning for that which Audeze has created is the Music EQ - which has a boosted bass in order to offset the 3D DSP. Whereas for 2 channel or Hi-Rez their Default EQ is the preferred Audeze tuning.

I’ve been using them like this for the last couple of days and I think they sound absolutely fabulous this way (before I listened to everything in default).
Wait, what? In their site: https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004275151-How-to-change-Mobius-built-in-EQ-Presets there Is written with 3d off the designer eq was flat.. Soo.. Where Is written this thing of music eq for the best 3d?
At least for me so far, the best sounding in general and even for music, with 3d and room emulation At Max is the default setting..

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #2,565 of 5,780
Wait, what? In their site: https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004275151-How-to-change-Mobius-built-in-EQ-Presets there Is written with 3d off the designer eq was flat.. Soo.. Where Is written this thing of music eq for the best 3d?
At least for me so far, the best sounding in general and even for music, with 3d and room emulation At Max is the default setting..

Look up the Metal571 channel and watch his Audeze interview. They said they designed the music EQ to be used for music in 3D mode. I used to listen to them in default for everything as well but I’m really enjoying the music preset with the 3D on, probably depends what type of music you’re listening to but for more modern hip-hop, dubstep, or other bass heavy music I find it very engaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back