Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Dec 31, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #2,596 of 5,780
Also testing the aux cable from headset to my iPhone/iMac it is way too low.. I would expect it to match my ear buds or my beats or any other headphones I put in there.
Why aren’t they?

If I do it through Bluetooth I get the level a lot higher but the lip sync wouldn’t be correct in videos..
Is this the same with other headphone?
Pretty new to the audiophile thing so trying to learn fast.

Really torn because I have until the 4th Jan if I want to return them to the store.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #2,597 of 5,780
Also testing the aux cable from headset to my iPhone/iMac it is way too low.. I would expect it to match my ear buds or my beats or any other headphones I put in there.
Why aren’t they?

If I do it through Bluetooth I get the level a lot higher but the lip sync wouldn’t be correct in videos..
Is this the same with other headphone?
Pretty new to the audiophile thing so trying to learn fast.

Really torn because I have until the 4th Jan if I want to return them to the store.

There’s a separate volume control on the headset itself. Max out the volume on the source device then adjust the volume wheel on the headphones.

The Bluetooth latency is too high with some devices which causes the audio to become out of sync for videos. All Bluetooth headphones exhibit some latency but it usually isn’t as noticeable.

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #2,598 of 5,780
There’s a separate volume control on the headset itself. Max out the volume on the source device then adjust the volume wheel on the headphones.

The Bluetooth latency is too high with some devices which causes the audio to become out of sync for videos. All Bluetooth headphones exhibit some latency but it usually isn’t as noticeable.

Both headset and device are at max setting,
So this is why I’m a little surprised.

Jan 2, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #2,601 of 5,780
I kind of wish there was a way to test mine and another pair, just to make sure I’m not just going deaf.

Maybe exchange it if you still can. For me personally I’m not very sensitive to mistimed audio on Bluetooth so it works awesome for me that way with my iPad/iPhone I don’t know how it is on Android since I think Apple uses AAC codec.

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #2,602 of 5,780
Do you know what codec your device is using?

Jan 3, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #2,603 of 5,780
Maybe exchange it if you still can. For me personally I’m not very sensitive to mistimed audio on Bluetooth so it works awesome for me that way with my iPad/iPhone I don’t know how it is on Android since I think Apple uses AAC codec.

So

I use my Apple Air laptop and IPhone 7.
On the iPhone it was YouTube app and safari. Air was safari. Both use the Bluetooth setting and there is a delay.

Jan 3, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #2,604 of 5,780
3D for music works so much better with lossless files and a wired connection. It’s a dramatic difference. You can literally move around the soundstage as if you’re in the middle of the performance on tracks that were produced well. For example on Christmas classic “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” if you tilt your head to face either of the singers or instruments, they become front and center and sound even more clear. Turn your head toward the female singer on the track. Chills!

This works surprisingly well for modern tracks as well that become a jumbled mess over Bluetooth. You can hear every single aspect of the song clearly and the 3D movement is pretty clean. Drastic difference over the 3D quality presented via Bluetooth. I’ve seen head-tracking become more desirable in audiophile communities so with a lossless source these could be endgame for a lot of people!

Completly agree.
I listen to music the whole day at work wired with USB and the difference is stunning.

As you said, if the record is well produced, the 3D mode (and also de HD mode when listening some HD Flac album) are absolutely amazing.

right now I'm listening to the Hans Zimmer Live In Prague bluray and the experience is completely mind blowing. I wish every album was recorded with that quality.

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #2,605 of 5,780
Completly agree.
I listen to music the whole day at work wired with USB and the difference is stunning.

As you said, if the record is well produced, the 3D mode (and also de HD mode when listening some HD Flac album) are absolutely amazing.

right now I'm listening to the Hans Zimmer Live In Prague bluray and the experience is completely mind blowing. I wish every album was recorded with that quality.

The effect is astonishing with older recordings that have less layers and effects. It goes beyond simulating two speakers and puts you in the middle of the recording so you can focus on any singer or instrument. Anybody who’s ever wanted to isolate a vocal or instrument can do so with additional clarity simply by turning their head.

Even still, lossless 2.1 files provide a much better source for 3D. The imaging data that doesn’t matter as much for traditional 2.1 setups that gets lost with compression makes a major difference. Planar drivers in general work best with truly lossless files.

I have to update my OS since it constantly disconnects every few seconds in 8-channel or 2-channel mode (Hi-Res mode works fine, I assume it is an issue with my older version of MacOS) but I look forward to finally trying it with some 5.1/7.1 concerts/albums.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #2,606 of 5,780
I have to update my OS since it constantly disconnects every few seconds in 8-channel or 2-channel mode (Hi-Res mode works fine, I assume it is an issue with my older version of MacOS) but I look forward to finally trying it with some 5.1/7.1 concerts/albums.

Try a usb hub or an active cable.

Jan 3, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #2,607 of 5,780
The effect is astonishing with older recordings that have less layers and effects. It goes beyond simulating two speakers and puts you in the middle of the recording so you can focus on any singer or instrument. Anybody who’s ever wanted to isolate a vocal or instrument can do so with additional clarity simply by turning their head.

Even still, lossless 2.1 files provide a much better source for 3D. The imaging data that doesn’t matter as much for traditional 2.1 setups that gets lost with compression makes a major difference. Planar drivers in general work best with truly lossless files.

I was really mind blown when listening this band with the 3D on:

Quite strange music, but that druming and vocals with the planar drivers sounds absolutely amazing.

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #2,608 of 5,780
Some exciting news from the world of Mobius!

Introducing “Team Carbon,” an Amazon-exclusive colorway addition to the award-winning Audeze Mobius lineup! Team Carbon will be available to purchase exclusively through Amazon starting January 10, 2019.

Additionally, we’re excited to announce the introduction of customizable Head Gesture Keybinds! Users will be able to map various keyboard inputs and macros to corresponding head-tracking movements on Audeze HQ. A tilt of the head can be mapped to trigger an in-game action such as leaning left from cover or a nod can be used to trigger a cooldown.
Head Gesture Keybinds provide a greater degree of freedom and choice when gaming with Mobius, allowing the user to tailor their playing experience with multiple hands-free input options beyond a traditional mouse and keyboard.
Head Gesture Keybinds will be released on Audeze HQ in early 2019!

49569642_10155623574752132_4322106666062446592_o.jpg

49603477_10155623574402132_8025026043297398784_o.jpg

#Audeze #Mobius #WavesNx #TeamCarbon #handsfree#headgesturekeybinds #bestheadset2018 #gaming

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 4, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #2,609 of 5,780
Some exciting news from the world of Mobius!

Introducing “Team Carbon,” an Amazon-exclusive colorway addition to the award-winning Audeze Mobius lineup! Team Carbon will be available to purchase exclusively through Amazon starting January 10, 2019.

Additionally, we’re excited to announce the introduction of customizable Head Gesture Keybinds! Users will be able to map various keyboard inputs and macros to corresponding head-tracking movements on Audeze HQ. A tilt of the head can be mapped to trigger an in-game action such as leaning left from cover or a nod can be used to trigger a cooldown.
Head Gesture Keybinds provide a greater degree of freedom and choice when gaming with Mobius, allowing the user to tailor their playing experience with multiple hands-free input options beyond a traditional mouse and keyboard.
Head Gesture Keybinds will be released on Audeze HQ in early 2019!

#Audeze #Mobius #WavesNx #TeamCarbon #handsfree#headgesturekeybinds #bestheadset2018 #gaming

That's awesome. I really like that Carbon Mobius, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back