Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Dec 25, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #2,536 of 5,780
Woah, turn the volume way up and Mobius can be a bass monster with the Music preset via USB. Warm + 3D is going to be an experience in the next firmware.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #2,537 of 5,780
Woah, turn the volume way up and Mobius can be a bass monster with the Music preset via USB. Warm + 3D is going to be an experience in the next firmware.

Skull rattling sub bass. I swear I've felt it in my feet before. I haven't added the bass shaker yet but I'm sure it'll be a great combo.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #2,538 of 5,780
I haven’t been able to use Mobius as I’d like to much these past few weeks but wow these are keeping me up till Christmas morning. I actually planned to play some games tomorrow for the first time in centuries so that should give Mobius a real workout. (That’s what it’s made for isn’t it? :p)

Tonight I’m enjoying it with music and switching back to Bluetooth I’m surprised how well it holds up compared to lossless. As for the head-tracking my advice to new owners is to get used to using it and to let it fade into the background. It’s mostly for tracking micro-movements to prevent fatigue. It took me a while not to be hyper-aware of it and wanting to remain centered but the headphones do a nice job of making it work out.

I hope there are some head-fiers receiving these as a gift today since they’re a powerhouse! Bluetooth audio that works really well, USB with a quality DAC/amp, and it can connect to 2/3 of the main consoles via USB albeit in two-channel mode. I haven’t even been able to use Mobius to its full potential yet.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #2,539 of 5,780
Skull rattling sub bass. I wear I've felt it in my feet before. I haven't added the bass shaker yet but I'm sure it'll be a great combo.

I can be a basshead too but I’m surprised at how much I enjoy Mobius with the Flat preset for music. With the Music preset I have to raise the volume to the point the other frequencies are also overwhelmingly loud to get the bass level where I’d like it so a Warm preset is appreciated as that definitely shouldn’t be an issue. :)

Dec 25, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #2,540 of 5,780
I can be a basshead too but I’m surprised at how much I enjoy Mobius with the Flat preset for music. With the Music preset I have to raise the volume to the point the other frequencies are also overwhelmingly loud to get the bass level where I’d like it so a Warm preset is appreciated as that definitely shouldn’t be an issue. :)

I start in flat and pull 2-4khz down 4-5dbs, and I'll add a low end shelf if what I'm listening to needs it, but usually it doesn't(death metals got alot of subbass xD), or roll off over 4khz by 2-3db for some albums. I seem to like a flat response from 20hz to 1khz though.
Screenshot_20181225-033509_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg Screenshot_20181225-033435_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

Dec 25, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #2,541 of 5,780
I start in flat and pull 2-4khz down 4-5dbs, and I'll add a low end shelf if what I'm listening to needs it, but usually it doesn't(death metals got alot of subbass xD), or roll off over 4khz by 2-3db for some albums. I seem to like a flat response from 20hz to 1khz though.

As far as I’ve seen the Warm preset should sound pretty similar to your preferred EQ.

Dec 25, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #2,542 of 5,780
As far as I’ve seen the Warm preset should sound pretty similar to your preferred EQ.

Actually warm brings the mids down a bit more then I like and it ends up sounding kinda muddy or boomy to me
IMG_0905.PNG

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #2,543 of 5,780
Actually warm beings the mids down a bit more then i like and it ends up sounding kinda muddy or boomy to me

Looks fun as long as the bass remains tight and punchy, which shouldn’t be a problem with these drivers. Music is like the middle ground.

Edit:

After listening to Mobius for a few hours I have to say I still don’t notice an audible noise floor even though I have them on my head now with no music playing. I could fall asleep in the memory foam earpads...

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #2,544 of 5,780
Drop your room ambience to 30 to 40
I have it to the max, i'm liking the largest soundstage

I'm trying
Looks fun as long as the bass remains tight and punchy, which shouldn’t be a problem with these drivers. Music is like the middle ground.

Edit:

After listening to Mobius for a few hours I have to say I still don’t notice an audible noise floor even though I have them on my head now with no music playing. I could fall asleep in the memory foam earpads...
Try with Aux and see if there Is some noise floor

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #2,545 of 5,780
Try with Aux and see if there Is some noise floor

I will test with the 3.5mm to Lightning adapter later.

The nice part about Mobius is that it’s essentially future-proof. Give it another year or two and you probably won’t be using the 3.5mm at all. (They don’t recommend using it with external amps.)

I was satisfied with Bluetooth for a long time but Tidal has gotten a lot better! Playlists and radio are significantly improved over last time I used it. I’ve been using Apple Music which is also great but might switch for a while now that the playlists are pretty comparable, at least until they add lossless music.

Dec 25, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #2,546 of 5,780
Can anyone tell me why my mobius keeps turning itself off? I have it plugged into my pc all the time, recently when I turn my pc off for a day or two I come back turn my pc on and my mobius is off, I then turn them on via the power button on the left head cup it says "power on" then... "power off" why is it doing this?

Should they just turn on and stay on if it's charging from my PC constantly?

Dec 25, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #2,547 of 5,780
Can anyone tell me why my mobius keeps turning itself off? I have it plugged into my pc all the time, recently when I turn my pc off for a day or two I come back turn my pc on and my mobius is off, I then turn them on via the power button on the left head cup it says "power on" then... "power off" why is it doing this?

I remember reading from audeze that if the mobius is plugged into usb but not charging then it will slowly discharge because it is checking the usb for input.

Dec 25, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #2,548 of 5,780

You have to unplug Mobius because the PC will not supply charge voltage when switched off and Mobius does not (automatically) switch off while connected to USB.
You can try to manually switch off Mobius instead, in some configurations this works, in some it doesn't.

Dec 25, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #2,549 of 5,780
You have to unplug Mobius because the PC will not supply charge voltage when switched off and Mobius does not (automatically) switch off while connected to USB.
You can try to manually switch off Mobius instead, in some configurations this works, in some it doesn't.

But my Batey says it was 27% so my PC must be charging it, it doesn't make sense. My PC is plugged into the wall, the USB port on my PC charges the Mobius so why now when I turn my PC on after being on does my Mobius just not work?

I turn them back on then they lose power again and I have to un plug and re plug a few times on different USB port s until they work again yet when I check battery it says 27% left. The power to run them is coming from my PC though so I can't work it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back