Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Nov 10, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #2,177 of 5,780
Are the stock pads glued on like the LCD series?

Hmm...I'd be interested in pad swapping if it didn't destroy the stock pads..... I'll check when the daughter goes to bed...

The stock pads are glued to the blue/copper mounting rings, which snap on and off pretty easily. I found that mounting ring to act like a baffle and alot of pads sounded worse than the stock pads without the addition of something to act as a baffle.

Heres the baffle i made: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-mobius-review-impressions.887808/page-106#post-14528330

I tried to make some better instructions for the baffle as I dont like the sound of the brainwavz pads without it at all:

Items:
Clear cd cases
1mm felt sheet
Scissors
Sharpie
Masking tape
Sand paper
Maybe a glue stick

Take the stock pads off the mobius, the pad is attached to the blue ring, and the blue ring just snaps on / pops off easily.

Lay the clear cd case cover over the Mobius driver and trace out the outter cup and inner fazor array(youll see the shape compared to my pictures).

Cut out the baffle. Id cut off the edges of the case first so it's easier to get to. Just cut the baffle out in 4 strips and then tape it back together(i used a utility knife the first time which wasnt fun, lol). You may want to sand down the edges if there was any splintering.

Use the baffle to trace out a 2nd baffle as well as 2 felt pieces of the same shape.

The felt goes inbetween the mobius and the baffle.

I used a 2nd ring of felt inside the pad and I felt this improved treble performance.

You can glue the first felt ring to the baffle if you want.

Stretch the pad over the mobius cup starting at the top, getting the mounting ring of the pad over the mobius earcup can be tricky but it works.

Theres some pictures here of a few different pads: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-mobius-review-impressions.887808/page-99#post-14523300

Nov 11, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #2,181 of 5,780
Hey guys. After how long is Moebius supposed to go out?
My PC is always, always on, Mobius always USB-connected... and I find more and more in the morning or even in the middle of the day Mobius goes out. It's normal ?

Nov 11, 2018 at 4:11 AM Post #2,182 of 5,780
My PC is always, always on, Mobius always USB-connected... and I find more and more in the morning or even in the middle of the day Mobius goes out. It's normal ?
The Mobius has a 10 hour battery life, but as long as you keep it connected to a source that is constantly on, the battery will continuously be used, so it should lose battery power eventually if you don't power it off manually, or if you don't turn off your source so that the Mobius shuts down on its own. It should last a little longer being used from USB, but that's if you're keeping the charging mode turned on on the Mobius. Otherwise it'll just take a little longer to drain your power.

Nov 11, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #2,183 of 5,780
IMG_20181111_173120.jpg
Wife: November is coming
Me : Yeah, winter is coming
Wife: No not that
Me: Then?
Wife: It's your birthday month
Me: Hmmm, so?
Wife: What you want for your birthday
Me: Oh nothing
Wife: Ask what you want
Me: Okie, Audeze Mobius headphones
Wife: Another headphone??
Me: Yeah :darthsmile:

And this is what I got from her today
IMG_20181111_173224.jpg
IMG_20181111_173301.jpg
IMG-20181111-WA0052.jpg
IMG_20181111_173042.jpg
IMG_20181111_173120.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #2,184 of 5,780
Wife: November is coming
Me : Yeah, winter is coming
Wife: No not that
Me: Then?
Wife: It's your birthday month
Me: Hmmm, so?
Wife: What you want for your birthday
Me: Oh nothing
Wife: Ask what you want
Me: Okie, Audeze Mobius headphones
Wife: Another headphone??
Me: Yeah :darthsmile:

And this is what I got from her today
Congrats, and happy birthday! Enjoy the new cans dude.

Nov 11, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #2,185 of 5,780
And that's what I'm ultimately hoping for once I can listen without head tracking. The tracking f*cks things up bigtime on music. I listen primarily at work when I'm pivoting between multiple monitors. I can't keep my head still while listening, so the head tracking in my case is a HUGE negative. It's too distracting and detracts from the music.

I've sidelined mine as well. The no-tracking fix is almost in the wild, but then there's the issue of virtual speaker placement (maybe on the table?) and the noise (already a done deal it seems). For 2D audio, I much prefer the custom EQ + crossfeed I have on my MM+PM3 setup, which has the advantage of being dead quiet. A good effort by Audeze but frustratingly imperfect.

Nov 11, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #2,188 of 5,780

You should disconnect the Mobius from your PC when not in use.
Your issue is that if the Mobius turns off while not being used but it remains connected to the PC the battery will continue to drain. Turning off the Mobius does not stop the battery from draining, you have to disconnect it from source (PC).

Nov 11, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #2,190 of 5,780

The simplest way to prevent discharging is to switch off Mobius and unplug USB.
  • When Mobius is connected to PC and connected to PC, even if PC is not turned off, the PC may go to sleep. Depending on how the USB is setup on the PC, and the USB chipset used, when the PC goes to sleep, the PC may not be charging Mobius.
  • It is also better to close the Audeze App if you don't use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back