Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Oct 12, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #1,696 of 5,780
Oct 12, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #1,698 of 5,780
I am having a devil of a time pairing my Mobius to my Windows 10 machine. When I launch the pairing wizard, I double click on the Mobius' power button. I get the "Pairing" voice but the PC just will not pick it up.

Anyone else have pairing problems with Windows?

It has paired seamlessly with my Macbook Pro and my iPhone XS.

Oct 12, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #1,699 of 5,780
In order to make the mic usable while we wait for the firmware, I purchased a windscreen from Amazon - specifically, this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016WTM18G/

fits great, and also works great on my DC flight headset. I have to keep the mic so close to my mouth I've been getting complaints on discord
91FZhbEy3BL._SL1500_.jpg

Oct 12, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #1,700 of 5,780
First time posting, but I've been following the Mobius threads for a while now and ordered a pair on Indiegogo. I was specifically looking for headphones primarily for PC gaming that can be equally used for music.

Initially, the bass overall was light, and I was having issues with people hearing me when I spoke through the mic. Once I downloaded the firmware update, my mic issues were fixed, and with the addition of the 'warm' setting, the sound quality became everything I was wanted from this product. All in all, it's one of the best music/gaming headphones in terms of sound quality and directional audio. I can pinpoint footsteps easily as well as enjoy any type of music while I work.

However, the Mobius has become very uncomfortable to the point where I can't keep it on for longer than 15-30min, specifically the right ear cup but that could just be my ear. It would have been nice if the pads were a bit larger. Plus, if I tried to replace the pads myself, I would probably destroy them, so that's not an option.

As much as I enjoy the sound quality of the Mobius, the comfort level on these is unfortunately a deal breaker for me and I'll be selling these.

Oct 12, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #1,701 of 5,780
First time posting, but I've been following the Mobius threads for a while now and ordered a pair on Indiegogo. I was specifically looking for headphones primarily for PC gaming that can be equally used for music.

Initially, the bass overall was light, and I was having issues with people hearing me when I spoke through the mic. Once I downloaded the firmware update, my mic issues were fixed, and with the addition of the 'warm' setting, the sound quality became everything I was wanted from this product. All in all, it's one of the best music/gaming headphones in terms of sound quality and directional audio. I can pinpoint footsteps easily as well as enjoy any type of music while I work.

However, the Mobius has become very uncomfortable to the point where I can't keep it on for longer than 15-30min, specifically the right ear cup but that could just be my ear. It would have been nice if the pads were a bit larger. Plus, if I tried to replace the pads myself, I would probably destroy them, so that's not an option.

As much as I enjoy the sound quality of the Mobius, the comfort level on these is unfortunately a deal breaker for me and I'll be selling these.

Where did you find the firmware update?

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #1,703 of 5,780
the comfort level on these is unfortunately a deal breaker for me and I'll be selling these.
Just pull the stock pads off and throw some different pads on there, any pad of similar size, oval 100-110mm by 60-70mm with a mounting ring should stretch over the earcup.
images.jpeg

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #1,705 of 5,780
I think we should settle the "hiss" for good now. As i have stated repeatedly I have listened to unit (S). with enough sample size. @Audeze know who I am, and they would know my sample size. LOL.

caveat: I don't work for them. I have never received money from them either. just a customer like you.

However, to be fair to them, good people that are very enthusiastic to bring their love to you.

of the unit (S) i have listened to, i am not aware of any hiss, even looked for it on purpose. maybe i am too old, maybe i am bad in hearing.

i suspect even for the unit that are not fixed, the "hiss" isn't even noticeable either. or very very low.

if the "hiss" that you found is soooooo unbearable to you. why not just sell the mobius, loads of people would be extremely happy to take the pain off you.

move on and stop moaning please.

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #1,706 of 5,780
I think we should settle the "hiss" for good now. As i have stated repeatedly I have listened to unit (S). with enough sample size. @Audeze know who I am, and they would know my sample size. LOL.

caveat: I don't work for them. I have never received money from them either. just a customer like you.

However, to be fair to them, good people that are very enthusiastic to bring their love to you.

of the unit (S) i have listened to, i am not aware of any hiss, even looked for it on purpose. maybe i am too old, maybe i am bad in hearing.

i suspect even for the unit that are not fixed, the "hiss" isn't even noticeable either. or very very low.

if the "hiss" that you found is soooooo unbearable to you. why not just sell the mobius, loads of people would be extremely happy to take the pain off you.

I don't work for Audeze either, and I hear a hiss.

Oct 12, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #1,707 of 5,780

Perhaps mentioning your sample size would make your argument more convincing?

I do not notice hiss on mine unless i really focus on it (and even then, is it really? Or is it just ambient noise?) but have other issues, such as head tracking not working 99% of the time.. but is not as issue for me as intended use is for traveling.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #1,708 of 5,780
On the one hand, I'm very happy with my Mobius. it has excellent sound quality and clarity and most of all, versatility, At any Indiegogo price, it is a steal. And at the retail price, it is a worthy contender among the many headphones in its price range.

On the other hand, I feel for those who have hiss/white noise. I'm very sensitive to extraneous sound of any sort and this kind of noise definitely falls into that category. If I put myself in their shoes, I can feel how frustrating and niggling it can be having a significant white noise/hiss in the background of everything. It ****ing sucks. Especially knowing that others, like me, have units that don't have this problem. And especially more because I know how good the Mobius sounds without impediment: this is an awesome pair of headphones even based on sound quality alone, not to mention gaming and movie 7.1/5.1, head tracking, and high-res bluetooth.

But I don't want Audeze to try to sweep these people under the rug as it honestly to me appears they're trying to do now with these "within spec" or "our testers didn't hear it" BS responses. This issue deserves fixing. I don't hear it myself because I was lucky enough to receive a good unit, but I know if I were unlucky enough to have received a bad unit, you bet I would be making a stink and would be as loud or louder as those who are making themselves heard now.

Oct 13, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #1,709 of 5,780
But I don't want Audeze to try to sweep these people under the rug as it honestly to me appears they're trying to do now with these "within spec" or "our testers didn't hear it" BS responses. This issue deserves fixing. I don't hear it myself because I was lucky enough to receive a good unit, but I know if I were unlucky enough to have received a bad unit, you bet I would be making a stink and would be as loud or louder as those who are making themselves heard now.

If they are testing revised units and they're testing the same as ours, which for me if I press the driver up against my ear and power cycle I can hear the noise floor just barely, then the people who are taking issue with it have super hearing. As soon as I stop pushing the cup against my ear I can't hear it, quiet room, no tinnitus. Once and only once, however, the noise floor was significantly higher and cleary audible, power cycling fixed it and it's never presented itself again.

Oct 13, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #1,710 of 5,780

I don't work for Audeze either, and I hear a hiss.

Hi, I also do not work for Audeze :wink:
And yes, I hear a hiss.
Fortunately this has most probable nothing to do with some Mobius having the hiss and some others don´t. @KaiSc measured my Mobius against his Mobius and while I hear a hiss, he does not. So fortunately the Mobiuses are not different in measurement, so when I hear a hiss, and I do double blind any time, I am just very sensitive. BTW this can also be a good thing as I am sometimes asked to hear prototypes of headphone amplifiers and give feedback. But in the Mobius case it would be much easier to not hear the hiss.
Hope KaiSc will share his results soon. This will be helpful.
And thanks for your offer but I will keep mine. I really like them, deducting the hiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back