Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 20, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #902 of 5,780
I'm honestly thinking about selling most of my stuff and getting a used 2C...

They're pretty great. The quality and depth of the bass especially is really excellent. If you do get them, give Reveal a shot, I like the changes it makes. Drive 'em with something beefy, they sound a whole lot better with my iDSD Micro compared to my Valhalla 2. Comfort is a whole lot better than Audezes of yore, but they do still have a fair bit of weight to them. They're kind of like one of those weighted blankets, but for your head. The headband especially makes a HUGE difference, though. The old LCD headbands were really bad.

Honestly, I haven't touched my HD800's since getting the 2C's.

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #903 of 5,780
For those on PC this is a pretty big deal when using bluetooth in gaming and just in general so you don't have any issues with sound just dropping out all together like I did.

Make sure you Go to sound > recording devices. If you see your headphones there but as the type headset instead of headphones, disable it.

I was playing overwatch yesterday on the home screen there was sound but as soon as you get into a game the sound just dropped out was so annoying. Once I made these changes all was normal, apparently having it turned on causes to many packets to be sent at once and the mobius just can't handle it (pretty much all bt headphones) and the sound just drops out because of it. Hope this helps someone either now or if they come across this issue in the future.

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #904 of 5,780
I also want to ask anyone that knows, should we turn on Dolby atmos or Windows 7.1 under spatial settings with the mobius? Or does the mobius just run it's own virtual software so there's no point?

Sep 20, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #906 of 5,780
I also want to ask anyone that knows, should we turn on Dolby atmos or Windows 7.1 under spatial settings with the mobius? Or does the mobius just run it's own virtual software so there's no point?
I remember trying that out last week and then played that Atmos Amaze video. I honestly didn't notice a difference. This was with the 3D effect on.

Sep 20, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #907 of 5,780

Use the Mobius virtual software.

How can I use my Mobius with my TV and receive the 5.1 signal? All the receivers I can see are 3.5mm (2 ch) to BlueTooth transmitters.

Connect your TV to a computer.

Sep 20, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #908 of 5,780
Really loving these headphones so far, have spent quite a bit of time with them over the last two days or so. I haven't been experiencing any of the issues mentioned here so far.

For gaming: 7.1 3D
For music: High Res via USB or LDAC via my Pixel 2 XL.

Mic seems to be working fine in Discord when I tested. Mic also worked fine for phone call via Bluetooth.

I haven't had a chance to watch any movies yet, but it's unlikely I'll be listening to movies much with them.

I also have zero hiss, I can't hear any noise floor at all on the Mobius. In any of the modes I've tested I've tried to hear a buzz, hum, hiss, anything...and nothing, dead silent.

Sep 20, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #909 of 5,780
Windows 8.1, geforce 1060 (till the RTX comes) Bluetooth device Shanling M0 LDAC HQ Headset arrived Monday Sep 17th. I've put a total of 24 hours of use into the headset so far (timed).

-NOTE TO READERS- I'm 'cursed' to run into strange bugs; The Mobius is an amazing headset, straight performer with clarity and unmatched features and allows you hours of use without fatigue. There are bound to be early issues. Take the bugs I've run into with a grain of salt. They are fixable. This is the best PC gaming headset out there I've run into so far. I like it better than astros, steelseries, and beyerdynamic. Sound with music and bluetooth-LDAC are amazing, 3d, 2channel doesn't matter flat, default and music are very hard to tell the difference on the EQ but I can tell there IS a difference. I'm not really going to go into this as other people have covered how it sounds and honestly have more experience in that area (and more headsets :wink:). I am going to focus on a few PC gaming impressions and issues with both the headset features and the software.

Audeze Mobius
- Impression on 'Hiss' : Pretty much anything with active EQ seems to have a hiss on other headsets in low volume instances, the hiss here hasn't been noticeable or annoying nor any worse than other premium headsets so far, this includes things like steelseries PRO+DAC with active 3d/EQ software like Razer's surround or HeSuVi solution which will take the steelseries and give it a wider stage but does include a much louder hiss than anything I've personally experienced with the Mobius and Audeze software so far. For me it's not an issue at all, and not noticeable yet even tho I've been looking for it.

- Impression on MIC : After much playing, I've settled on 76% mic volume level. The side tone unless heavily blowing into the mic is not noticeable and there are no complaints on discord about my levels except the fact the mic does do ANC a bit too much and if I soften my voice or do not project my vocals enough the mic will miss the first part of my first word. There are times I do not trust the mic performance, but that is just initial comparisons to a lifetime of mics that are different. For me the ANC is livable but could be better or ideally adjustable. I would still like a sidetone OFF feature if possible so I can get the most out of the mic volume.

- BUG - Headset : paired Bluetooth LDACHQ : When coming from PC to Bluetooth (Unplug headset from USB, THEN turn on Bluetooth device receive pairing notice on headset) sometimes after auto-pairing the 3d button will -not- function. No pressing of the button in any length or variation will make this feature active [no voice or 3d effects occur]. When this happens, the only solution I've found is to turn the headset off wait 20 seconds, If you turn it back on too quickly will leave you without the 3d button working again. After proper off/on 3d features are enabled and no more issues occur. I've run into this several times, I have not tried other features like EQ or channel modes when this has happened.

- BUG - Headset : Volume level was too low when coming from Bluetooth to PC USB, we are talking 20-30% total volume level while set to 100%. When I came from Shanling m0 (powered m0 off) then Plugged into USB and the volume level was too low in 8 channel mode. Nothing was changed on the windows end. The fix for me was to change the output to 2channel, and then back to 8 channel. I've had this happen several times today Sep 20th, while I was also messing with 'charging off' feature. When I come back from powering off the headset. The volume is greatly lowered, to fix this I've tried powering off and on again (sometimes works) and removing usb and plugging back in (seems to work consistently to solve the volume issue without switching channel modes). I am unsure if this is to do with the 'charging off' feature.

- BUG - Software : Changing volume anywhere in windows causes the HRTF Personalization head display to 'glitch' out crazy. Kinda looks like Max Hedroom in the glitching. Can be repeated using the Mobius volume wheel.

-BUG - Software : While Mobius was plugged in and APP was loaded - I went through a NVIDIA driver update, after the update the only program to crash when the screen refreshed was the Mobius app. Not a big deal, but I'm reporting it just the same.

- Software : 3D mode MANUAL seems to have a center/recenter issue with the drift correction in extreme (maybe unreasonable condition sets). With manual, I can turn my head slightly and it will take 5-50 seconds to recenter to that position (read an email, look at a monitor to my left or right) If I then move more to the left for whatever reason, the drift will correct but then I'll turn back that 30-45 degrees to my center monitor where I've pressed the button once. The drift correction will no longer work, As if the headset is too far 'off' to trigger the slow drift correction process now. It'd be nice to be able to set the amount of correction/how fast the rate is for manual if possible. Or have a hotkey that sends the 'recenter' function to the headset without the button press.

- Software : Controls : The features of the software need to have a more granular control over the various features and status of the headset. For example 1. How the dial controls for the volume of the mic within the software itself. 2. Battery should not only show a charge status but could also keep track of the charge time and % total of the battery while connected to the machine to help track battery life and performance over time. 3. 3D mode on the menu display while off needs to report what channel mode you are in while you are not (2 channel or 2 channel hi res)

- Software : Controls - EQ : Very much lacking the ability to do EQ; but also when we do, we need the ability to clone and setup multiple profiles for games. Our EQ modes will change not just based on 3d, but if we are in each 2channel mode as well. If possible it'd be nice to see the EQ levels of the other modes as well, adjust them and be able to reset them to their 'default'.

- Software : Controls - INFO : Device info section needs work. Right now there is advertisement place holder text about the headset we already bought. It'd be nice to have an updated and detailed list of controls/features in the graphics and how to use them, so we could use that page as the quick reference.

- Software : 3D mode - Enabled but no head tracking : If this were an option, please allow us to setup our own 'speaker' positions to our preference. However I've read that you have no plans to do this.

- Software : Discord + 3d mode + Room Reverb - Initially I had a complaint written up about how badly discord voices sound in 3d mode. I know this is an unintended thing and the only 'correct' solution is a 3rd virtual stereo only device that can be routed to the headset for more natural stereo voices. But lowering the room ambience to 23-25 helped a lot for me.

- Software : HRTF Personalization - The actual gold text on "HRTF Personalization" needs to be a different color/font than the configuration options that follow. It's confusing initially when it should not be. (Yeah nit picky but since I'm going the distance...)

- Software : Blue interface - This is a stupid one, but if it's at all possible in the future, can you make a non blue color mode for the UI? I'll explain in detail, but the short answer is I feel physical pain from the color blue (photophobia). I have to limit that color on my screen as much as possible. If you ever have an artist touching up the UI, if it's at all possible have them make an alternate non blue UI. No big deal, I can assure you; you'd only be helping 1 guy so don't waste too much time or thought. I can always keep it minimized long as you don't change the Mobius default icon to blue and interface UI wont stop me from using the headset . - TEAM COPPER 4 life-.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #910 of 5,780
Windows 8.1, geforce 1060 (till the RTX comes) Bluetooth device Shanling M0 LDAC HQ Headset arrived Monday Sep 17th. I've put a total of 24 hours of use into the headset so far (timed).

-NOTE TO READERS- I'm 'cursed' to run into strange bugs; The Mobius is an amazing headset, straight performer with clarity and unmatched features and allows you hours of use without fatigue. There are bound to be early issues. Take the bugs I've run into with a grain of salt. They are fixable. This is the best PC gaming headset out there I've run into so far. I like it better than astros, steelseries, and beyerdynamic. Sound with music and bluetooth-LDAC are amazing, 3d, 2channel doesn't matter flat, default and music are very hard to tell the difference on the EQ but I can tell there IS a difference. I'm not really going to go into this as other people have covered how it sounds and honestly have more experience in that area (and more headsets :wink:). I am going to focus on a few PC gaming impressions and issues with both the headset features and the software.

- BUG - Headset : paired Bluetooth LDACHQ : When coming from PC to Bluetooth (Unplug headset from USB, THEN turn on Bluetooth device receive pairing notice on headset) sometimes after auto-pairing the 3d button will -not- function. No pressing of the button in any length or variation will make this feature active [no voice or 3d effects occur]. When this happens, the only solution I've found is to turn the headset off wait 20 seconds, If you turn it back on too quickly will leave you without the 3d button working again. After proper off/on 3d features are enabled and no more issues occur. I've run into this several times, I have not tried other features like EQ or channel modes when this has happened.

- BUG - Software : Changing volume anywhere in windows causes the HRTF Personalization head display to 'glitch' out crazy. Kinda looks like Max Hedroom in the glitching. Can be repeated using the Mobius volume wheel.

Thank you for the detailed feedback. We hope to address most of them in future. Quickly though, two of them. The BT options are set by the phone and not by Mobius. You have to limit the BT datarate from the phone to have headtracking work.
Here is some more info on how to do this.
https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360001114971-Bluetooth-Connection

The Head glitch is a bug only in s/w. When info is being sent to the headphone, the flow of information from headphone to host is interrupted. The S/W is unable to handle this at the moment. We will get this fixed.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 20, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #911 of 5,780
Thank you for the detailed feedback. We hope to address most of them in future.
Great to hear. Loving the sound of the Mobius. Gorgeous.

As for the App, hope to see the following functionalities added to the UI:
1) All button presses replicated in the UI. Powering up is probably not possible but all other headphone controls should be.
2) Option to save current settings.
3) Ability to turn off head tracking
4) Ability to create, save, and edit personal EQs. Using the Flat EQ as a template would be great.

Congrats on the product and hope to hear some news on upgrades to the app soon.

Sep 21, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #913 of 5,780
Thank you for the detailed feedback. We hope to address most of them in future. Quickly though, two of them. The BT options are set by the phone and not by Mobius. You have to limit the BT datarate from the phone to have headtracking work.
Here is some more info on how to do this.
https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360001114971-Bluetooth-Connection

The Head glitch is a bug only in s/w. When info is being sent to the headphone, the flow of information from headphone to host is interrupted. The S/W is unable to handle this at the moment. We will get this fixed.

I think you misread; please reread my bug on bluetooth LDACHQ. I did not pair bluetooth with a phone or PC but with the Shanling m0 AND i can reproduce this bug with the m0 set in LDACHQ or LDACAUTO - which the mobius then has the functionality SOMETiMES of 3D NOT working ONLY when I've come from being wired into the PC (unplugging the connection) then pairing to bluetooth. ONLY after I've re-powered the headset in this use case and then it reconnects to the Shanling M0 (bluetooth prompt on mobius) does the 3d button WORK PROPERLY again. I'm not doing anything different for the settings on the m0 and 3d works properly on the shanling but only if I go through these steps. I just now reproduced this issue again. I can do this fairly successfully, and I do not think it's a bandwidth BT issue as you describe, else my results would be the 3d button not working ever.

TLDR : Go from wired PC to Bluetooth paired m0 without powering down, 3d button will not work with LDAC enabled until after powering down mobius and back on then 3D work again.

Not a big deal but I think it's still a bug. I can give you reproduction steps I think at this point.

Sorry for the extra wording, just trying to be clear, either I'm misunderstanding your response or you think I'm complaining about bluetooth paired on a PC which is not the case. I can get 3d to work but only by powering off and on the mobius in this usage case.

Sep 21, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #914 of 5,780
@Audeze

I have experienced this bug as well...

"BUG - Headset : paired Bluetooth LDACHQ : When coming from PC to Bluetooth (Unplug headset from USB, THEN turn on Bluetooth device receive pairing notice on headset) sometimes after auto-pairing the 3d button will -not- function. No pressing of the button in any length or variation will make this feature active [no voice or 3d effects occur]. When this happens, the only solution I've found is to turn the headset off wait 20 seconds, If you turn it back on too quickly will leave you without the 3d button working again. After proper off/on 3d features are enabled and no more issues occur. I've run into this several times, I have not tried other features like EQ or channel modes when this has happened."

Except in my case I was using my phone in 2ch Hi-Res. I unplugged my USB and the Headset resumed the song via Bluetooth LDAC. When I tried to use the controls to change settings, none of them worked. In order to switch settings I had to plug the phine back in, turn off 2ch Hi-Res back to 7.1 and then unplug. The headset was then able to switch to blutooth with working 3D and Headtracking.

I think this is because 2ch HiRes disables everything and when it was unplugged, those features were still disabled.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #915 of 5,780
@Audeze

I have experienced this bug as well...

"BUG - Headset : paired Bluetooth LDACHQ : When coming from PC to Bluetooth (Unplug headset from USB, THEN turn on Bluetooth device receive pairing notice on headset) sometimes after auto-pairing the 3d button will -not- function. No pressing of the button in any length or variation will make this feature active [no voice or 3d effects occur]. When this happens, the only solution I've found is to turn the headset off wait 20 seconds, If you turn it back on too quickly will leave you without the 3d button working again. After proper off/on 3d features are enabled and no more issues occur. I've run into this several times, I have not tried other features like EQ or channel modes when this has happened."

Except in my case I was using my phone in 2ch Hi-Res. I unplugged my USB and the Headset resumed the song via Bluetooth LDAC. When I tried to use the controls to change settings, none of them worked. In order to switch settings I had to plug the phine back in, turn off 2ch Hi-Res back to 7.1 and then unplug. The headset was then able to switch to blutooth with working 3D and Headtracking.

I think this is because 2ch HiRes disables everything and when it was unplugged, those features were still disabled.

I'd like to note I was in 3d 8 channel mode when I unplugged my headset from my PC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back