Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 20, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #886 of 5,780
Some new wonkiness today. I'm using these connected via USB (using the USB-C to regular USB cable) to my desktop at the office, Hi-Rez mode. I've not been using them wirelessly; they're always connected.

I came in this morning to find them completely discharged. Zero battery. I thought that if connected, they would continuously charge or at the very least after X minutes of not detecting a signal, would power down to preserve battery. Is that not how these work? Do I need to power them OFF at the end of every day even if connected via USB to prevent battery discharge?

Also, the app is all over the map with respect to the battery level it reports. I left the headphones plugged in and turned off for about 1.5 hours to charge up. Now the app reports anywhere between 38% and 70% battery level if I close and reopen the app. How do I tell what the REAL battery level is?

Suggestions for Audeze:

1. Make clicking on the battery icon in the app do a check on the current battery level, and briefly either glow or display the icon in an alternate color to indicate that the battery level has been updated. Currently you have to close and reopen the app to force an update.

2. Since the fundamental capability is already there, my hope is this is something that could be implemented via firmware update: When the voice says "Power On", have the voice then immediately say "Battery Level XX percent."

Thanks.

Sep 20, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #887 of 5,780
Anyone else have issues with not being able to use the USB C cable supplied to do anything other than charge? When I plug them in using the C cable the Mobius says "USB", but it is not recognized by the app or Windows 10 as being connected. When I use the A to C cable in the USB 3.1 port that is located on the same part of the MOBO as the C port it works just fine. Defective cable perhaps? I haven't ordered a new C cable yet but will give that a shot.

Sep 20, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #888 of 5,780
1. Make clicking on the battery icon in the app do a check on the current battery level, and briefly either glow or display the icon in an alternate color to indicate that the battery level has been updated. Currently you have to close and reopen the app to force an update.

Thanks.

The next version of the App will fix this issue with Battery indicator

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 20, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #889 of 5,780
Had some more listening time after coming back from a trip.
I take back what I said about lack of bass... It's decent in 2 channel mode. 7.1 lacks bass though ( I think someone else mentioned this too). Could use proportional EQ so it's bumped higher at lower volumes though.

Also checked my microphone finally...worked fine for me... Put it one inch below my mouth and about the same distance away from my face. Recorded in Audacity at 40% mic volume and played it back and it was plenty loud. On a MacBook Pro, my headphone volume is at 4 notches in the onscreen display.
I forgot to test on a Windows machine but will report back when I do. I think it's specific to machine/OS from what people have described.

Sep 20, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #890 of 5,780
Sofar my favorite settings for listening to music is "default or music eq" and "high-res" USB mode

When it comes to gaming im not sure, i like both high-res mode and the 7.1 mode, not sure about 3D yet.
What do you guys prefer for gaming ?

Sep 20, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #891 of 5,780
Has anyone had the app freeze on them like below in WIndows 10?
MazItMJ.png

I've
- Uninstalled and rebooted
- Installed in Admin mode and rebooted
- Cleared cache in AppData/Local and installed again.
- Used different USB sockets
-Powered off and on the Headset
All don't fix

@Audeze Do you know how to fix this issue please?

Sep 20, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #892 of 5,780
Sofar my favorite settings for listening to music is "default or music eq" and "high-res" USB mode

When it comes to gaming im not sure, i like both high-res mode and the 7.1 mode, not sure about 3D yet.
What do you guys prefer for gaming ?

As far as gaming goes, I like the detail of everything in RPG, though occasionally I put it on the music preset for that very slight boost in bass.

Sep 20, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #894 of 5,780
Sep 20, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #895 of 5,780
Had some more listening time after coming back from a trip.
I take back what I said about lack of bass... It's decent in 2 channel mode. 7.1 lacks bass though ( I think someone else mentioned this too). Could use proportional EQ so it's bumped higher at lower volumes though.

Also checked my microphone finally...worked fine for me... Put it one inch below my mouth and about the same distance away from my face. Recorded in Audacity at 40% mic volume and played it back and it was plenty loud. On a MacBook Pro, my headphone volume is at 4 notches in the onscreen display.
I forgot to test on a Windows machine but will report back when I do. I think it's specific to machine/OS from what people have described.

When you say they lack bass, what exactly are you comparing them to?

Sep 20, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #896 of 5,780
Question - when using powerdvd for playback of BD, do I need to set the audio output to headphones or the appropriate # of channels, ie. 6, 8?

Sep 20, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #897 of 5,780
Question - when using powerdvd for playback of BD, do I need to set the audio output to headphones or the appropriate # of channels, ie. 6, 8?

7.1 pcm

Sep 20, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #898 of 5,780
Hi,

I have received my moebius but it isn’t « seen » by win 10.

When i plug it to usb it says usb, but it doesn’t show in Windows and audeze app Always says "not connected »

Any idea ? is it possible to manualy install driver ?

I have tried various usb ports and cables without success.

Edit: i has suddenly started to work :)

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #899 of 5,780
@Audeze any updates on the microphone issue people are having? I'd like to use it but its 100% useless as no one can hear me, or if I boost the db, the volume just goes up and down in recording, cutting off words. There's been plenty of recordings in this thread that have shown the issues, mine included.

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #900 of 5,780
Hi,

I have received my moebius but it isn’t « seen » by win 10.

When i plug it to usb it says usb, but it doesn’t show in Windows and audeze app Always says "not connected »

Any idea ? is it possible to manualy install driver ?

I have tried various usb ports and cables without success.

Edit: i has suddenly started to work :)

You need to turn it on after plugging it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back