Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Mar 28, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #3,167 of 5,780
If I understand you correctly, You are connected to Aux on power on, no USB connected and no BT paired and there is no sound on power up?

Before powering down what mode are you on? Hi-Res or 2Ch? Being on Hi-res can cause some problems, try switching modes

Did you ever install a beta firmware before v3 or was v3 your first firmware update?

@KMann My Mobius stays connected to the aux connection almost 99% of the time - both at power up and power down... I use it as a headset for my Xbox One X. I use the Dolby Headphone app so my Mobius pretty much stays in the "3D Off" mode. It is connected to the Microsoft headset adapter via the aux cable Audeze supplied. My paired phone is generally in the area so my assumption is it also pairs with that as well since I get a Bluetooth connection when I pull the aux cable.

As for firmware, I was never on the beta firmware - I went from release directly to V3. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mar 28, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #3,168 of 5,780
@KMann My Mobius stays connected to the aux connection almost 99% of the time - both at power up and power down... I use it as a headset for my Xbox One X. I use the Dolby Headphone app so my Mobius pretty much stays in the "3D Off" mode. It is connected to the Microsoft headset adapter via the aux cable Audeze supplied. My paired phone is generally in the area so my assumption is it also pairs with that as well since I get a Bluetooth connection when I pull the aux cable.

As for firmware, I was never on the beta firmware - I went from release directly to V3. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, this will help us reproduce the issue. One final question, USB is not connected most of the time and you plug the USB in only when it runs out of charge?

Mar 28, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #3,170 of 5,780
I've compared the Mobius to p7, Px, B&O h9 and xm3.
The Mobius is by far the better hp in Bluetooth mode.

I don't want to sound like a fanatic, but mobius represents something that people were expecting: a set of closed headphones capable of reproducing, thanks to electronics, the quality and three-dimensionality that a traditional closed headset has difficulty offering.
I really loved the p7s both wireless and wired, as well as the bose, which are honest all-rounders, even the h6 have some positive features like the dt770 and the m2oe, I can speak less generously than the m50x .... closer to mobius are the oppo pm-3 that being planar offer detail and balance, but in my opinion they struggle in the treble (a little off) .... maybe I should have tried them with a dedicated amp, but the headphones for me, represent a solution in mobility for music and movies: at the desk, or in the bed, or at in the sun in the garden.
Cables, amplifiers and other attached objects are just an "uncomfortable complication", with mobius we are definitely in the right direction.
iMHO

Mar 28, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #3,171 of 5,780
not true, in the movies it has no rivals. momentum 2.0-p7w-p7-dt770pro-oppo pm3-bose qc35II-b & o h6 2 - m50x, nothing that minimally comes close to these for films. for music maybe there can be competition (but I don't think so) but for films, trust me, there is no story

I have been sooooo pampered. Taking quality for granted, as if it were easy to come by .

Mar 28, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #3,172 of 5,780
are these still the best headset for listening to movies. The only thing putting me off is that i have come across a few reviews on youtube where they say that the mobius is poor with dialogue as it makes dialogue sound unnatural.
Ever watched a movie using stereo headphones? How bout in a movie theater? One definitely sounds unnatural compared to the other, however, some prefer the sound of dialogue in a large auditorium compared to even a small one. Unnatural in this sense is a subjective thing, and the youtube reviews comparing 3d on and off directly without context seems like an inadequate review. The Mobius' sound can range from stereo headphones to a large untreated room.

Mar 28, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #3,173 of 5,780
Thanks, this will help us reproduce the issue. One final question, USB is not connected most of the time and you plug the USB in only when it runs out of charge?

@KMann I only plug in the USB when I'm charging... It is never connected to aux and in use when it is charging - it is always running solely on battery when I'm using it. I know lipo batteries don't like to sit at full charge so I don't keep it plugged in and I try not to get it to the point where it gives me the low battery warning.

Mar 28, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #3,178 of 5,780
Is 22.3 still the recommended setting for room ambience?
Theres no recommended setting its entirely personal preference. Below 15 is gonna sound very close to your head. 25-35 is going to give a sound similar to a small room, over 40 is going to sound like a large room, with 90-100 sounding like an auditorium. I use 30 for music, a higher setting is cool for watching movies if you want that movie theater auditorium sound.

Mar 28, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #3,179 of 5,780
so what about sound quality, h9i and px, are lower than mobius? in what? I was very curious to test these other two to compare with mobius, which is currently my favorite
I have the older H9, and it is a lot darker sounding. To me it's a keeper since it gives the sound of vintage equipment. It sound very good.
It's just that Mobius give me so much more of the music.
The dynamics, the voicing, details, soundstage, air, openess etc is on another level or 2 with the Mobius.
And the Mobius have more versatility, excellent for music, and with 3d sound on for movies.
The codec support, adjusment possibilities on PC/mac, dsp and physical controls on the hp.
For me and those I have heard or owned, the xm3 is my nr. 2 Bluetooth hp after the Mobius.

The Mobius gives a sound quality I did not think was possible over Bluetooth before I tried them.
My he560 and night owl is also unused after I got the Mobius.

To be honest I didn't like the PX, not my type of sound. And there where som really strange going on in the mids with some voices or music. I auditioned it together with the H9 and p7. The p7 was in my opinion better than the PX.
I bought the H9 at that time.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #3,180 of 5,780
I have the older H9, and it is a lot darker sounding. To me it's a keeper since it gives the sound of vintage equipment. It sound very good.
It's just that Mobius give me so much more of the music.
The dynamics, the voicing, details, soundstage, air, openess etc is on another level or 2 with the Mobius.
And the Mobius have more versatility, excellent for music, and with 3d sound on for movies.
The codec support, adjusment possibilities on PC/mac, dsp and physical controls on the hp.
For me and those I have heard or owned, the xm3 is my nr. 2 Bluetooth hp after the Mobius.

The Mobius gives a sound quality I did not think was possible over Bluetooth before I tried them.
My he560 and night owl is also unused after I got the Mobius.

To be honest I didn't like the PX, not my type of sound. And there where som really strange going on in the mids with some voices or music. I auditioned it together with the H9 and p7. The p7 was in my opinion better than the PX.
I bought the H9 at that time.

so even the award-winning sony 1000xm stays behind the mobius? while I'm writing you I'm listening to a John coltrane compilation and believe me, I'm at a nightclub table listening to jazz with my whiskey! : D I can feel the air between the instruments and my ears, to perceive the stage, something never experienced before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back