Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Oct 10, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #1,636 of 5,780
I currently use a Blue Yeti mic for communication and had no plans to use the Mobius mic. However, since I switched to Mobius via USB to my PC, I can no longer hear my own voice through the headset. Anyone know how to solve this? It really helps communication when I can hear my voice when I speak especially when game sound effects are really loud and I’m trying to communicate clearly with me team.

Oct 10, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #1,637 of 5,780
Audeze HQ application for Mac OSX is up on the website.
https://www.audeze.com/audeze-hq-application

AudezeHQ_Mac.png

Last edited:
Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Oct 10, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #1,639 of 5,780
Initial Impressions:

- Sound quality is quite good, it's about what I was expecting from the headset.

The only problem I have with the headset is how the microphone works when the headset is in Bluetooth mode. In wired mode, it'll recognize the input "Microphone" for the Mobius.
However, in Bluetooth mode, it'll only recognize the "BT Hands Free" option which provides a significantly lower quality. It's like talking through two cans and a wire. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

On a side note, I also can't record my voice while in Bluetooth mode. All I hear is static.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #1,640 of 5,780
Oct 10, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #1,641 of 5,780
Plugged into front USB (3.0), PC recognized Mobius as 8.1 (or was it 7.1?) and "centered" after right channel was barely audible. Music centered right after. Moved head left and right, no difference. Pressed 3d for 3 secs and after confirmation, moved head again but no difference in sound.

Audeze mobius app on pc registers no movement, but able to change eq. Will fiddle with it more in a couole of hours.

That is a strange scenario. It's not unusual that the sound wouldn't be centered automatically out of the box, but not sure why the app isn't picking up the movement if 3D is turned on. Maybe try a different USB port? I haven't tried mine with USB 3.0 yet.

Oct 10, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #1,642 of 5,780
It may be worth spending the two minutes required to set this up correctly
So the measurements are not determined by the headphone already? I went to change them, and it gave me a warning about it screwing up the experience or whatever.

Just measured my head, and it's about 24" circumference. The default program is set to 9.8" circumference. Can anyone explain the 9.8 number..?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #1,644 of 5,780
The presets are available in any mode, 3d on / off

I disagree about the 3d positioning and imaging, it will vary game by game but games like Battlefield1 and Destiny 2 there is a night and day difference between front, rear and sides compared to stereo. Heck I'm gonna say I can identify positions easier in Destiny 2 with the Mobius vs my actual real life 5.1 sound system lol.

If we are talking about CS GO, then yeah I CS GO was clearly designed for stereo headphones first and foremost and the 3d didn't really add that much to me personally. R6S is also another game I didn't find them particularly useful cause they pick up too much random background noise in my experience. I could still get a decent sense of positioning but not really much improved from stereo.

The other big competitve game would be quake champions, which IMHO has just too much **** going for positional cues to be useful other than L vs R .

Also if you want more bass, try the warm mode!

When I tried to change the EQ with 3D off, there was no voice telling me anything was happening. Maybe they can only be changed in the software, when 3D is off?

Yes, I don't play any games with surround support. UT2004, PUBG, horror games, older games.

Definitely do NOT want any bass in competitive headphones lol.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #1,646 of 5,780
I think you should measure only the back of your head. If I remember properly.
Here's what Audeze says:

• Head Circumference, being the measurement around your head. If you don’t already know this very cerebral measurement, you can discover it by wrapping a measuring tape all the way around your head, over the tops of your ears and just above your eyebrows. Place the 0 end of the measuring tape above the bridge of your nose, then wrap the tape around your head and pinch the tape where it contacts the 0 end again. You may then move the app’s slider until the corresponding number appears in the box. We have adopted the “very retro” Imperial Measurement system, which means you’ll need to measure your head in inches.
So again, why 9.8" default lol? And what is yours currently set to..?

EDIT: Ok, I see... I'm reading the UI/sliders wrong. Default circ = 21.6", arc = 9.8", ambience = 35. My numbers seem to be about 24", ~10-11"(depending if I'm supposed to be measuring horizontally level or not?). In the software picture, it shows the measuring tape going from the TOP of each ear...but the arc measurement says "from each ear canal". They made this real easy, didn't they?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #1,647 of 5,780
So the measurements are not determined by the headphone already? I went to change them, and it gave me a warning about it screwing up the experience or whatever.

Just measured my head, and it's about 24" circumference. The default program is set to 9.8" circumference. Can anyone explain the 9.8 number..?

you are reading the inter aural arc which is 9.8" default.
that is the ear to ear measurement going around the back of your head.

Skip to 4:30 in the video to see how each measurement is done

Oct 10, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #1,648 of 5,780
Skip to 4:30 in the video to see how each measurement is done
Ok, so for circumference, you put the tape OVER your ears(practically over the ear canals)...and NOT the widest part of your head? To me, it looks like he is measuring way too low in the back, at least for the circ. :\ Now I get 22.75" instead of 24".

He even says in the video, "circumference = the LONGEST part of your head", but he is measuring way too low... X_X

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #1,649 of 5,780
@Audeze @KMann Can you make the volume knob use steps of 1.25 dB (from -60 dB to 0 dB)? The iOS volume buttons use an increment of 3.75 dB, which is perfectly divisible by 1.25. This would result in 3x the granularity while still exactly syncing up with the 16 volume bar segments on iOS every 3rd step. Right now, the volume bar segments go out of sync if I use the Mobius' volume knob and the only way to get the volume back to a multiple of 3.75 is to set it to 100% and then dial it back using only the iOS volume buttons.

The FAQ says it's possible to disable head-tracking but leave 3D enabled. However for me it also switches off 3D. I'd like to have 3D without head-tracking over Bluetooth and Aux as well. Perhaps it can be added as a 4th 3D button mode?
2 Channel Hi-Res Input (Playback) - 2 Channel Output (Mic), 24 Bit/96 Khz, 3D Emulation enabled, Head-Tracking disabled.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #1,650 of 5,780
i can't get the mobius to play through jriver with wasapi, it only works with directsound. Is there any workaround for this? they're in 2 channel high-res mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back