Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Oct 9, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #1,606 of 5,780
Part of why I’m really just enjoying my Mobius with music is that I’ve never had a headphone that so squarely hits the Harman-target curve. It’s kind of a reference frequency response for me now.

Oct 9, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #1,607 of 5,780
Some DAPs/consoles/Phones may not recognize Mobius in 8 Ch mode. This is the main reason there is a 2ch mode in Mobius. So if you have not already, please try the 2ch mode and also Hires mode.

So after a couple of hours of playing around with the Kann and the Mobius the end result was that the 2 are not compatible via USB. The Kann Is a pain to stay synced to the Mobius when scrolling through modes which makes the Mobius revert back to Bluetooth when going for 2 channel, I was never able to get to Hi-res mode, but the worst part is that when in 2 channel you can not adjust the volume. I am sure the fault is on the Kann because from what I can tell it outputs to USB at a fixed max volume, the Mobius is trying to adjust the players volume which just isn’t possible.

Oct 9, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #1,608 of 5,780
I was able to try out the new firmware and it seems to have fixed my issue with the mic. My friends no longer complain about me being either too soft or sound like Darth Vader breathing into the mic (windows 10). The warm preset was a surprise bonus. This was the bass I was expecting from these headphones. While I enjoyed the clarity from the headphones I felt the bass was just not "fun" enough to listen edm or hip hop. Now I get to enjoy best of both worlds.

Oct 9, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #1,609 of 5,780
The more I hear about the warm preset, the more excited I get to try it for myself. I'm a big fan of "music therapy" and I prefer a much warmer sound signature than the Mobius currently has with the stock firmware/presets, so if I can get mine updated before the end of next month then they'll be absolutely perfect for when I'm recovering from my back surgery for the next 4-6 months in the hospital. Just need a DAP. Anyone here selling/trading one? Lol.

Oct 9, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #1,610 of 5,780
The more I hear about the warm preset, the more excited I get to try it for myself. I'm a big fan of "music therapy" and I prefer a much warmer sound signature than the Mobius currently has with the stock firmware/presets, so if I can get mine updated before the end of next month then they'll be absolutely perfect for when I'm recovering from my back surgery for the next 4-6 months in the hospital. Just need a DAP. Anyone here selling/trading one? Lol.

probably instead of getting a DAP, grab an android with android 8 or above with LDAC bluetooth. should be cheaper and much more versatile. NO cable upgrade needed as well.

Oct 9, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #1,611 of 5,780
probably instead of getting a DAP, grab an android with android 8 or above with LDAC bluetooth. should be cheaper and much more versatile. NO cable upgrade needed as well.
I can't do that. I just survived cancer. Went into full remission in July after having my leg amputated on my birthday in February. Insurance screwed me so I'm stuck with huge bills to pay. Doctors went and snapped the metal rods in my back and now I'm having spinal surgery where they split open my entire back to remove the rods and then graft and screw new ones to my spine. I'm trying to get a Sony DAP or a Hiby R6 to have for my 4-6 months recovery time I'm gonna need. Only thing I have to trade is my Flare Audio Flares Gold IEMs though, but it'll be worth it if I can find someone willing so I could have my Mobius with some quality wireless options while I'm healing and then doing physical therapy

Oct 9, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #1,612 of 5,780
I can't do that. I just survived cancer. Went into full remission in July after having my leg amputated on my birthday in February. Insurance screwed me so I'm stuck with huge bills to pay. Doctors went and snapped the metal rods in my back and now I'm having spinal surgery where they split open my entire back to remove the rods and then graft and screw new ones to my spine. I'm trying to get a Sony DAP or a Hiby R6 to have for my 4-6 months recovery time I'm gonna need. Only thing I have to trade is my Flare Audio Flares Gold IEMs though, but it'll be worth it if I can find someone willing so I could have my Mobius with some quality wireless options while I'm healing and then doing physical therapy

Sorry to hear your plight. :frowning2: "essential phone" was selling at below usd 230 at amazon.com. that one supports LDAC. would fit your bill of wireless need. and with mobius, shouldn't have ANY difference whatsoever compared with wired usb.

Oct 9, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #1,613 of 5,780
Sorry to hear your plight. :frowning2: "essential phone" was selling at below usd 230 at amazon.com. that one supports LDAC. would fit your bill of wireless need. and with mobius, shouldn't have ANY difference whatsoever compared with wired usb.
Thanks man. That's my problem though. Between my 3 years of chemo bills and my painkillers i have to buy on my own, I have absolutely no money to spare. I've got no work, I'm bedridden, and I live off of government assistance, which isn't enough to actually live off of without the support of others. So all I can do is trade where possible, and all I have to trade are these beautiful Flare Audio Flares Gold IEMs. I'd much prefer to use my Mobius since I'm not much of an IEM guy, despite these being the most comfortable and beautiful sounding IEM'S I've ever owned, and that's even including JH16 pro freqphase CIEMs that I used to own

Oct 9, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #1,615 of 5,780
So how do I get the updated firmware?
Contact Audeze support for it or wait for it to come out for everyone. It isn't available for Mac though. You'll have to send it in to them to update or borrow a windows device.

Oct 9, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #1,616 of 5,780
I was able to try out the new firmware and it seems to have fixed my issue with the mic. My friends no longer complain about me being either too soft or sound like Darth Vader breathing into the mic (windows 10). The warm preset was a surprise bonus. This was the bass I was expecting from these headphones. While I enjoyed the clarity from the headphones I felt the bass was just not "fun" enough to listen edm or hip hop. Now I get to enjoy best of both worlds.
Where did you get the firmware update? I searched their site and didn’t see it.

Oct 9, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #1,617 of 5,780
Where did you get the firmware update? I searched their site and didn’t see it.

You have to email audeze support as they have not released the new firmware to the public. They want to test the fix for the mic with a small population of folks before releasing it to everyone. I had some issues with my mic sensitivity and really wanted to try the firmware for that and support provided me the firmware

Oct 9, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #1,618 of 5,780
So I just received this, and think I'm one of the last indiegogo backers to do so (no fault of Audeze, Korea has strict importation laws regarding electronics).

Initial thoughts:

- Copper looks good, and is so much lighter than the LCD2
- Hiss? what hiss? Well, it's there, but really, this is silent compared to the Sony 950BT, and the Bose QC15 which I both have, and really did not notice hiss until it was brought up.
- It's no LCD2, but sounds heaps better than most of the headphones I use for travel (save for the HD25-1, but those have such wonky wires that I'm done with them). Bucketloads of bass. If this isn't enough, get a sony 950BT and get off audiophile forums.
- Out of the box, the left and right imbalance were wayyyyyyy off, even when turning my head around, like only the left was playing... pressed the 3D button and everything centered nicely!
- dunno how to get 3D to work (will need to re evaluate all that was said here, as well as the manual) for pressing it as auto, manual or off all had no effect playing music from foobar
- mic sounds way quiet. Will wait for update, since I don't plan to use the mic much anyhow.
- The lady voice, the beeps, tones to alert specific functions... they could improve. Old high end Aiwa walkmans had really good vocals and latter upscale Sony Walkman had such pleasant beeps.

I didn't think I'd be very excited, but I guess I am!

Oct 10, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #1,619 of 5,780
So I just received this, and think I'm one of the last indiegogo backers to do so (no fault of Audeze, Korea has strict importation laws regarding electronics).

Initial thoughts:

- Copper looks good, and is so much lighter than the LCD2
- Hiss? what hiss? Well, it's there, but really, this is silent compared to the Sony 950BT, and the Bose QC15 which I both have, and really did not notice hiss until it was brought up.
- It's no LCD2, but sounds heaps better than most of the headphones I use for travel (save for the HD25-1, but those have such wonky wires that I'm done with them). Bucketloads of bass. If this isn't enough, get a sony 950BT and get off audiophile forums.
- Out of the box, the left and right imbalance were wayyyyyyy off, even when turning my head around, like only the left was playing... pressed the 3D button and everything centered nicely!
- dunno how to get 3D to work (will need to re evaluate all that was said here, as well as the manual) for pressing it as auto, manual or off all had no effect playing music from foobar
- mic sounds way quiet. Will wait for update, since I don't plan to use the mic much anyhow.
- The lady voice, the beeps, tones to alert specific functions... they could improve. Old high end Aiwa walkmans had really good vocals and latter upscale Sony Walkman had such pleasant beeps.

I didn't think I'd be very excited, but I guess I am!

3D is the default setting when using the headphones via USB. If the headphones are connected to your PC via USB and your PC is recognizing the headphones as 8.1/7.1 then 3D is turned on. If you are able to "center" the audio...3D is turned on already. The 3D effects and the head emulation aren't exclusive right now.

Oct 10, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #1,620 of 5,780
3D is the default setting when using the headphones via USB. If the headphones are connected to your PC via USB and your PC is recognizing the headphones as 8.1/7.1 then 3D is turned on. If you are able to "center" the audio...3D is turned on already. The 3D effects and the head emulation aren't exclusive right now.

Plugged into front USB (3.0), PC recognized Mobius as 8.1 (or was it 7.1?) and "centered" after right channel was barely audible. Music centered right after. Moved head left and right, no difference. Pressed 3d for 3 secs and after confirmation, moved head again but no difference in sound.

Audeze mobius app on pc registers no movement, but able to change eq. Will fiddle with it more in a couole of hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back