Audeze LCD-X
Apr 3, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #6,331 of 12,748
Thanks, man. Mod suggestions are definitely appreciated!

+1   any mods to improve confort and reduce weight will be more than welcome...
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #6,332 of 12,748

"Thin" is my impression of the XC, but definitely not the X.  Where the X seems full to my ears, the 3 seemed outright thick in the mids.  Other people's descriptors of this effect include "lush", "luscious", "rich".  So it's likely a matter of taste, I gather.  :)

I own both XC and X and I can agree with you on this. XC is slightly more "forward" to my ears but X seems to have a fuller sound. 

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #6,333 of 12,748
Does anyone know if all LCD-X came with Fazor?  If not when did Audeze add Fazor to the LCD-X? Thanks

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #6,336 of 12,748
  +1
maybe he means in the bass is thin.  Also the x has more punch than the 3f as well. After reading impressions of the x having a flatter midrange I wasn't expecting it to sound as full as it does. I'm a mid range head and the 3f sounds a bit too thick but it doesn't have the slight peak I am hearing with the x in the treble(prob only really noticeable next to the 3f but sometimes I eq it down a smidge), though this peak isn't abrasive but rather smooth. 

I would consider myself a midrange head as well..  lol..  That's why I noticed a very slight dip in the mids of the X and a slight bump in the mids of the 3F.  I went for the 3F because of that, Female vocals sound more to my tastes.  

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #6,337 of 12,748
Apr 6, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #6,338 of 12,748
^^I liked the 3f I just found its mids to stand out over the bass so that it didn't seem as planted as the x. When I first put the 3f on I thought the driver was broken because of hearing details I never heard on songs. I heard snaps and pops texures etc. I don't know if the x is as detailed or not because I got used to the 3f. I don't hear a dip but that could be just me not being as good at hearing as you are.

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #6,339 of 12,748
I think we both like the mids a lot but I think you like bass a little more than me.  Your hearing is fine, mine may not be as good.  Hearing things that's not really there and such  lol..

beerchug.gif

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #6,341 of 12,748
just to provide my own experiences with the two, i did get the sense the lcd3's mids were more forward in direct comparison & the lcdx has better bass for my preferences, but honestly, both headphones were overall tuned quite similarly w very comparable sq that it was hard for me to pick a decisive winner. i say it is easy to enjoy either one & just let ur own ears pick which one u like more :)

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #6,342 of 12,748
thank you! That's pretty reassuring.

thank you! That's pretty reassuring. So now I can buy them and save up for a better DAC/Amp. Sadly there's no official distributor of Schiit Audio in my country, so I have to import them. What do you think of Cypher Labs Theorem 720 for the LCD-X?

Been listening to these two combo for a couple of months now. It's good, lively and it's portable! But still not satisfied enough. Still trying to find other amp.pairing. Tried WA7 but it sounded too crips for me. I like the WA6SE better but feel that it was too warm and mellow (not enough "dynamic" in it) .

I enjoy classical and orchestra music more than other genre. HD800 would have been my no.1 choice. However it's a bit hard to find here locally in Jakarta.

Still Theorem 720 and LCD-X still pair nicely for an average, easy listening music.. But it's still short of the "natural, dynamic and soundstage" I am looking for.

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #6,343 of 12,748
LCD-X + HUGO = SONIC BLISS

Tried the Hugo with TH900(excellent), HD800 (bad match) and LCD-3F and will take the X over the 3F any day when using the HUGO.  Truly amazing.

My reference system is a big speaker system which IMHO is incredibly neutral and balanced and of the the phones I tried the HUGO + LCD-X comes closest.  The TH900 are excellent but not anywhere as neutral or balanced as the X and quite frankly when I listened to headphones I found myself always reaching for the X.  So I sold my Fostex. 

Just my experience but I had many recommending the 3F over the X but that is not what I found.

Apr 6, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #6,344 of 12,748
LCD-X + HUGO = SONIC BLISS

Tried the Hugo with TH900(excellent), HD800 (bad match) and LCD-3F and will take the X over the 3F any day when using the HUGO.  Truly amazing.

My reference system is a big speaker system which IMHO is incredibly neutral and balanced and of the the phones I tried the HUGO + LCD-X comes closest.  The TH900 are excellent but not anywhere as neutral or balanced as the X and quite frankly when I listened to headphones I found myself always reaching for the X.  So I sold my Fostex. 

Just my experience but I had many recommending the 3F over the X but that is not what I found.

Just what I was looking for. Seems like the TH900 and LCD-X are the best match for the Hugo.

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #6,345 of 12,748
Been listening to these two combo for a couple of months now. It's good, lively and it's portable! But still not satisfied enough. Still trying to find other amp.pairing. Tried WA7 but it sounded too crips for me. I like the WA6SE better but feel that it was too warm and mellow (not enough "dynamic" in it) .

I enjoy classical and orchestra music more than other genre. HD800 would have been my no.1 choice. However it's a bit hard to find here locally in Jakarta.

Still Theorem 720 and LCD-X still pair nicely for an average, easy listening music.. But it's still short of the "natural, dynamic and soundstage" I am looking for.

I lived with 6SE for more than a year, and I never thought that this amp can be said warm and mellow though. I found violectric (either v100 or 200) amp was warmer than 6SE. Burson Soloist was more or less the same, but more laid back while 6SE a bit more forward presentation (while still maintain its body). I didn't have the X with it, but had LCD2, TH900, RS1i, HD800. I'm pretty sure that the X will work with it as well. But the amp is quite tubes dependent though, either its power or rectifier. So having this amp, I guess one must prepare to tube rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back