Audeze LCD-X
Apr 7, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #6,361 of 12,748
  Punit , how did find your lcd x and hd 800 sound from your amp Cavalli Liquid Glass ?

The L.Glass sounds good with all my HP's except HE 6. I generally like neutral dynamic sound & the LG is a perfect blend of SS & Tubes IMO. Plus the ability to tweak the sound by rolling the 6SN7 drivers makes it a very versatile amp. Its good the fast, punchy SS bass + the mid range magic of tubes. How do they sound on your Viva Egoista ?

Apr 7, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #6,362 of 12,748
  I just received my new comfort suspension strap for my Audeze LCD-X as sold by HeadFi member Lohb. I’d like to post some VERY positive opinions:

Wonderful review, makes me that much more anxious to receive mine 
beerchug.gif

Apr 7, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #6,363 of 12,748

FedEx just delivered my brand new LCD-X. I ordered the vegan earpads and I'm using the HPs stock, no strap mod yet, and everything is good: no complaints about fit or comfort. I don't notice any weight issues at all.

I'm listening to my Macbook Pro>Amarra>FLAC>USB>Bifrost Uber/Lyr 2 ('75 Voskhod gray tubes with 200 hours of burn-in time) and everything sounds amazing. Great detail and separation in instruments and vocals. Wide soundstage. Sparkling, clear trebles. Rich mids. Wonderful bass extension, fast, clear and slamming when required.

I love these cans!

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #6,365 of 12,748
In just one day since I got it, Lohb's strap just seems like a natural part of my LCD-X and not at all like an obvious add on. Because it elevates the original head band only about 1/4"-1/2" off my head, it is just about unnoticeable and totally unlike what I've seen in pictures of the Abyss and others where there is a giant antenna of metal sticking up making the wearer look like an alien. Last thing I need is to get dissed by the wife and kids- "You know dear, you really look like a total dweeb in that helmet. Another toy you wasted money on?" Or "Mom, Dad's wearing the tin foil hat again! I just posted some doofus pictures of him to Facebook!!!"

A man just has to have some respect for his image!!!

DSNORD

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #6,366 of 12,748
  Very happy for you - you've just entered the headphone honeymoon period.

Itunes.

Beautiful slow dubstep song:

dubapes - hanuman langures

Trust me - one of many great experiences I've had with my x's.

Thanks! I'm listening to the remastered Peter Gabriel "So" album right now. Lots of air and distinct layers over the driving bass line. Vocals are soaring high above it all. Wonderful!

I'll definitely check out the dubapes. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers!

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #6,367 of 12,748

Thanks! I'm listening to the remastered Peter Gabriel "So" album right now. Lots of air and distinct layers over the driving bass line. Vocals are soaring high above it all. Wonderful!

Cheers!

I believe they excel with rock, classical (yes classical - especially solo violin material), dubstep, vocals, lounge..

Ok they sound great with everything

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #6,368 of 12,748

Cheers!

I believe they excel with rock, classical (yes classical - especially solo violin material), dubstep, vocals, lounge..

Ok they sound great with everything

dt880smile.png

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #6,369 of 12,748
I'm using the Theorem 720 with my LCD -X. When listening to pops I think I'm quite satisfied with it. The bass was there, enough punch. Just nice... I would say. But listening to Brahms Requiem, I felt that there''s something missing to the sound reproduction. Though Dvorak's Cello concerto sounds better with it.

Based on my limited experience my NO. 1 sound is of cause the live concert hall. The best possible way to hear a piece of reproduction.

Second best so far was the one short session when I visited my friend's audio shop. His top line setting was jaw dropping, accurate and naturally close to the live concert. However price tag for that setting was equivalent to two brand new Mercedezes E series (or so he claimed)..

These few months I'm quite happy with the gadgets I'm using. The Theorem 720 costed about usd $700. Personally it's no little money for me. Been thinking for an upgrade but not in a rush.
Depends, which point of view you looking at from... Lol. :D
Let alone purchasing these expensive stuff abroad. Getting them to our door, save and sound at reasonable cost could sometimes just not worth the risk.
(Have any insight on this freight and courier handling Mr. Calliszer....? )

I can buy the Theorem now or I can save up for Aurender Flow/Chord Hugo. Hmm decisions decisions....

I haven't imported any audio gear since these are gears that I need to personally try first, but I do have experiences in importing other electronic devices. What do you want to buy and where is it from if I may ask?

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #6,370 of 12,748
In natural way yes Lcd X is better ,but for enjoyment nothing can béat Lcd 3f.

Actually I think it is actually plausible for you to find the 3f more enjoyable while I find the "naturalness" of the LCD-X more enjoyable.

I tried the 3F in addition to hd800 and owned the Fostex900. For me and in my opinion nothing best the X with the HUGO.

Trust me. There are no "absolutes" on this. My liking the X better shouldn't influence your opinion and enjoyment of the 3F. Had I found the 3F sounded better to me I would have bought them.

Apr 8, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #6,371 of 12,748
Is there any difference in sound and comfort between the leather and vegan on LCD-X? When I had the LCD-2 and LCD-3, I only had the leather...

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #6,372 of 12,748
Actually I think it is actually plausible for you to find the 3f more enjoyable while I find the "naturalness" of the LCD-X more enjoyable.

I tried the 3F in addition to hd800 and owned the Fostex900. For me and in my opinion nothing best the X with the HUGO.

Trust me. There are no "absolutes" on this. My liking the X better shouldn't influence your opinion and enjoyment of the 3F. Had I found the 3F sounded better to me I would have bought them.

The LCD X is notably easier to drive for the Hugo, which seriously don’t have that much power in 110 Ohms. Probably around 100mW for the LCD 3F and like six times as much for the LCD X.

“Power output rated at 35mW at 600 ohms, 70mW at 300 ohms, 320mW at 56 ohms, 600mW at 32 ohms, and 720mW at 8 ohms”

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #6,373 of 12,748

The LCD X is notably easier to drive for the Hugo, which seriously don’t have that much power in 110 Ohms. Probably around 100mW for the LCD 3F and like six times as much for the LCD X.

“Power output rated at 35mW at 600 ohms, 70mW at 300 ohms, 320mW at 56 ohms, 600mW at 32 ohms, and 720mW at 8 ohms”

I understand.  I did not listen to the 3F and X only with the HUGO, but, IMHO, found the HUGO + X to best any combination I tried.  I also tried the new Mac headamp in addition to their new cans after hearing rave reviews about them.

I understand that people have different tastes and desires.  Regardless of what source I used I like the X + Hugo more than any other combination.  I will soon be getting the Bakoon portable for a trial.

Lastly, if the ability of the X to be superior ONLY with lower power portable rigs was its only advantage (in my opinion) over the 3F that would be enough for me as that is my main goal.  However, for me, the superiority (again in my opinion) of the X over the 3F regardless of what amp I used was another bonus.  Hopefully I will have the Bakoon soon to demo.

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #6,374 of 12,748
  I understand.  I did not listen to the 3F and X only with the HUGO, but, IMHO, found the HUGO + X to best any combination I tried.  I also tried the new Mac headamp in addition to their new cans after hearing rave reviews about them.

I understand that people have different tastes and desires.  Regardless of what source I used I like the X + Hugo more than any other combination.  I will soon be getting the Bakoon portable for a trial.

Lastly, if the ability of the X to be superior ONLY with lower power portable rigs was its only advantage (in my opinion) over the 3F that would be enough for me as that is my main goal.  However, for me, the superiority (again in my opinion) of the X over the 3F regardless of what amp I used was another bonus.  Hopefully I will have the Bakoon soon to demo.

I like the X as well and are not trying to convince you to pick up anything else. Just saying that the Hugo don’t have much power to give the LCD 3F and the LCD X will be a better chose if we look at it from a power driving aspect.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back