Audeze LCD-X
Mar 29, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #6,271 of 12,748
I was thinking about buying a Norne cable for my LCD-X, is it worth it?
Else I have my old Q Audio cable which ive used with LCD-2's for the past years.

Mar 29, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #6,272 of 12,748
That is really good idea, thanks, it be appreciated.

No problem - its important to remember what bought you to the hobby and chances are it was -not- headphone stands - lose sight of your goals and could end up mistreating animals, as this graphic image illlustrates. Look away, children and folk of a frail disposition. The horror, the horror. 

Mar 29, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #6,273 of 12,748
No problem - its important to remember what bought you to the hobby and chances are it was -not- headphone stands - lose sight of your goals and could end up mistreating animals, as this graphic image illlustrates. Look away, children and folk of a frail disposition. The horror, the horror. 

Oh the cuteness factor burns my eyes it does, the horror lol.

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #6,275 of 12,748
  I store mine on a coatrack that cost me a pittance, allowing the cables to hang naturally - the fancy headphone stands look good in photos but the coatrack lets me store all my headphones in one place with minimal waste of space. 

I think if I had lots of headphones I would probably do the same. It definitely is economical space wise.

I just have 2 and I would like to have easy access to them right here on my desk without having to get up and fish for them in the closet.

And since they are prominently displayed on my desk, I would like for them to look really nice. And for that, the double Woo Audio stand is beautiful and sturdy. Holds both my headphones perfectly.

Mar 29, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #6,276 of 12,748
  I was thinking about buying a Norne cable for my LCD-X, is it worth it?
Else I have my old Q Audio cable which ive used with LCD-2's for the past years.

Yes, it's worth it. 

Mar 29, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #6,277 of 12,748

Not always. Rocking out with my HD800's as I type this.

Also some people find 'analytical' to actually be 'musical'  
wink_face.gif

Agree with your finding.
When paired with the right amp, I enjoy the HD800 on rock music.
Great sound stage (of course) and also a nice balance between the bass / guitars / drums and vocals.
My experience is:  the Sennheiser amp HDVA600 works well.
My Schiit Audio Mjolnir - is too bright.

Cheers,
RCBinTN

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #6,278 of 12,748
I never thought comfort on the Audeze headphones was poor, but I always found that the pressure from the headband became pretty noticeable after a while.

I know a lot of people in this thread know this, but for anyone who doesn't, Lohb's headband really does improve the fit of the Audeze headphones. They feel much more secure and have become even better for long term listening.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/754938/planar-pad-for-audeze-hifiman-fostex-t50-rp-modders

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #6,279 of 12,748
  I never thought comfort on the Audeze headphones was poor, but I always found that the pressure from the headband became pretty noticeable after a while.

I know a lot of people in this thread know this, but for anyone who doesn't, Lohb's headband really does improve the fit of the Audeze headphones. They feel much more secure and have become even better for long term listening.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/754938/planar-pad-for-audeze-hifiman-fostex-t50-rp-modders

yup, and also you can get child seat belt wraps such from diomo if the bumpy headband pressure is your only concern. Lohb's leather headband actually improves the weight along with pressure distribution. feels lighter using his suspension design.

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #6,281 of 12,748
I'm thinking to buy a slightly used LCD X (down to $1375 from $2050 in my country). It's used very little and was purchased 2 months ago.

The problem is I'm currently using an entry level setup ATH M50x and Fiio E11k. The source is from my PC. Will I be able to drive LCD X with just a Fiio E11k?

Obviously I'll buy a better DAC/amp, but I need to save up first. Can you guys recommend me a DAC/Amp combo for LCD X on various price points?

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #6,283 of 12,748
  I'm thinking to buy a slightly used LCD X (down to $1375 from $2050 in my country). It's used very little and was purchased 2 months ago.

The problem is I'm currently using an entry level setup ATH M50x and Fiio E11k. The source is from my PC. Will I be able to drive LCD X with just a Fiio E11k?

Obviously I'll buy a better DAC/amp, but I need to save up first. Can you guys recommend me a DAC/Amp combo for LCD X on various price points?

yes you will !
this is where its also made for .
with an impedance of 20 ohm its very easy to drive .
but with a high end amp it s much better.
you'll enjoy these!

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #6,284 of 12,748

ur current amp will power them fine. tons of options out there at every price point. i personally use the lyr 2 + bifrost and really like it. you can go much cheaper though and still have pretty competitive performance.

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #6,285 of 12,748
  yes you will !
this is where its also made for .
with an impedance of 20 ohm its very easy to drive .
but with a high end amp it s much better.
you'll enjoy these!

thank you! That's pretty reassuring.

ur current amp will power them fine. tons of options out there at every price point. i personally use the lyr 2 + bifrost and really like it. you can go much cheaper though and still have pretty competitive performance.

thank you! That's pretty reassuring. So now I can buy them and save up for a better DAC/Amp. Sadly there's no official distributor of Schiit Audio in my country, so I have to import them. What do you think of Cypher Labs Theorem 720 for the LCD-X?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back