Audeze LCD-X
Mar 25, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #6,241 of 12,748
Are you liking the sound?

Just break-in the headphone...

I will report later, but so far so good, with my HUGO as well as with my EC445.  

Ans also installed the headband, and they improve comfort, and I am happy that I do not need the long yoke to use them.

Mar 25, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #6,244 of 12,748

what kind of music do you like and do you use iTunes?

I listen to pop, rock, and classic.  I do not use iTune, my source is AK100>optical>HUGO

here the picture with the Headband and the WyWire red cable

Mar 27, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #6,246 of 12,748
yes, the red cable look good with the Black LCD-X.

But, now I have a confort issue:  it is not really the weight that bother me but the excess of pressure from the front of the earpads on my temples !   Should I just wait for the headphone to adapt or must I try to (un)bend a little the headband to reduce the clamping pressure ? 

Mar 27, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #6,247 of 12,748
  yes, the red cable look good with the Black LCD-X.

But, now I have a confort issue:  it is not really the weight that bother me but the excess of pressure from the front of the earpads on my temples !   Should I just wait for the headphone to adapt or must I try to (un)bend a little the headband to reduce the clamping pressure ? 

Hi, yes in the pad install instructions, some people need to bend the sprung stainless steel headband out a tiny bit just above the black plastic blocks on each side  to compensate/find the sweet-spot of hold on the side of the head.

Mar 27, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #6,248 of 12,748
Please don't bend them too much
mad.gif

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #6,249 of 12,748
The HD800 are like Genelec monitors ,neutral, extremely detailed and insane seperation, Audeze is more like Focal monitors, more musical than Genelec but less accurate.

LMAO Quit your bs overgeneralizations pearl.

Mar 27, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #6,251 of 12,748
lol.
Whatever.

LOL not whatever. Half the time people let you get away with a lot of foolish comments that are detrimental for the people actually willing to invest and look for serious advice in the forums. 98% of your comments are synthesized from out of context hearsay. Please try to share information on material and gear that you ACTUALLY have experience with. You once heard a HD 800 out of a MP3 player and then you go on to make unfair over generalizations about other equipment (which you also haven't heard) with reference to HD 800. C'mon now...

Mar 27, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #6,252 of 12,748
LMAO Quit your bs overgeneralizations pearl.

I agree.

I've played a lot of music through my HD800's, and it all sounds good, but it offers a different perspective on the music. I would not say that the sound I hear from the HD800's is more accurate than the sound I hear from the LCD-X's (or even 2's).

Mar 27, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #6,253 of 12,748
Well, not that i owe you any explination especially after you are attacking me for no reason.
But, i did hear similarities between the HD800 and Genelec , no headphone i heard sounded like a studio monitor like the HD800, and i have heard the HD800 on a good setup(in a store) and also more studio monitors that you have ever heard (Yamaha , Genelec, Neumann, EVE audio, ADAM, ' Focal,ATC).
All of what i'm saying is based on my opinion and exprience.
I did think the HD800 and Genelec sounded quite similar with the analytical and great seperation sound., and that Grado and Audeze sounded alot more like Focal monitors.
So as is turns out i have more exprience than you, so before the next time you attack someone, ask why he's saying what he is saying. the joke is on you my friend.

Quote:

LOL not whatever. Half the time people let you get away with a lot of foolish comments that are detrimental for the people actually willing to invest and look for serious advice in the forums. 98% of your comments are synthesized from out of context hearsay. Please try to share information on material and gear that you ACTUALLY have experience with. You once heard a HD 800 out of a MP3 player and then you go on to make unfair over generalizations about other equipment (which you also haven't heard) with reference to HD 800. C'mon now...

Mar 27, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #6,254 of 12,748

Mar 27, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #6,255 of 12,748

The 800's sound garbage with rock, EDM 

Not always. Rocking out with my HD800's as I type this.

Also some people find 'analytical' to actually be 'musical'  
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back