Audeze LCD-X
Mar 27, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #6,257 of 12,748
LMAO - missed the point entirely. I don't mind what people say about particular headphones or gear, as long as it's being backed by their own personal hands-on experience. Sometimes he states things that go along with the general consensus, sometimes they are completely off - again, no problem with that. The problem is when he materializes random strong-footed assertions out of thin air without any experience with the items being discussed. On principle, you shouldn't pass off decontextualized hearsay as experience. I'm not going to indulge him on his comments about his experience. He essentially took all the feedback I and other pro-audio users gave him in the past year on his listed brands, with the exception of Eve Audio, and just flipped it back on me. Like fudge right off. A lot of us have entertained him on the HD 800 thread, perhaps me lending the biggest help over the past year on the HD 800 on studio monitor comparisons.

With all his "claimed experience", why is that every week he is repeatedly bringing up "Hey, are HD 800 like monitors" or "What monitors sound like HD 800" or "What monitors should I get."

The types of question he's repeatedly asking on that thread does not reflect someone who has had experience with pro audio gear, or with what's he claiming. It simply doesn't add up. Just flip through his comments on the HD 800 thread. Trust me, I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

I've been following this thread for a long, long time but don't post stuff because I haven't had heard the LCD-X. If I made generalizations about the LCD-X or any other product without any experience and just basing on pure hearsay, but not stating them as such, even if they mirrored the community's consensus perfectly, it simply wouldn't be fair to the public on principle. A bunch of people have asked on studio gear here on head-fi and I've gotten help from others that's been really valuable due to their honesty.

It's only that I value the honesty of the people on this forum that I pointed this out. I expect to give and receive an honest and faithful feedback from others. He's been doing this frequently on a lot of threads. Nothing personal against him/her. However, it's not fair to a bunch of people surfing the threads looking for advice on niche topics like pro-audio on head-fi, where there isn't a lot of active pro-audio members to offer criticism, thus his claims hold more weight to the readers. 

Again, nothing personal against you pearl. You know how many times I and others have helped you out. Call this peer review if you want. The community and info is only as good as his members.

This thread can take it for FWIW. Won't hear from me again on this thread until I have listened to the LCD-X, which I am hoping for in the next month or so. The increased sensitivity of the X seems to really grab my attention over my previous LCD-2.2 Classic and LCD-3 Classic. I'll let you guys return back to your usual activities.

Mar 27, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #6,259 of 12,748
lol, i ask many times bexaue im not sure what to decide, you imply that i lie and never heard those monitrs, well i have, i auditioned them but never had them my self, ezcept one but i got a good sense of their sound.
if you want i can send you a link to my Gearslutz profile where i have opened something like a million threads(; because its hard for me to decide. And if needed ill tell you the exact models i heard and owned( just one- Focal alpha 80 but didnt liked it)

Mar 27, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #6,260 of 12,748
lol, i ask many times bexaue im not sure what to decide, you imply that i lie and never heard those monitrs, well i have, i auditioned them but never had them my self, ezcept one but i got a good sense of their sound.
if you want i can send you a link to my Gearslutz profile where i have opened something like a million threads(; because its hard for me to decide. And if needed ill tell you the exact models i heard and owned( just one- Focal alpha 80 but didnt liked it)

just update your community profile. no big deal. i think that conversation might be better had over PM.

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #6,261 of 12,748
Does anybody have the wooden Audez'e Storage box and can tell me if the LCD-X fits in with the cables being attached? I have the problem that the waterproof Otterbohe l tx the LCD-X came with is not high enough to fit the LCD-X with the cables being attached due to the large plugs.

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #6,262 of 12,748
  Does anybody have the wooden Audez'e Storage box and can tell me if the LCD-X fits in with the cables being attached? I have the problem that the waterproof Otterbohe l tx the LCD-X came with is not high enough to fit the LCD-X with the cables being attached due to the large plugs.

I do have wooden storage box - but no Audeze model can be stored with cables connected. The cable will bent because of angled connectors when closing box. So I wouldn't advice because of preventing possible cable faillures...

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #6,265 of 12,748
I store mine on a coatrack that cost me a pittance, allowing the cables to hang naturally - the fancy headphone stands look good in photos but the coatrack lets me store all my headphones in one place with minimal waste of space. 

Mar 29, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #6,266 of 12,748
  I store mine on a coatrack that cost me a pittance, allowing the cables to hang naturally - the fancy headphone stands look good in photos but the coatrack lets me store all my headphones in one place with minimal waste of space. 

I think it's best economical choice regarding use and soundquality :wink:!!! Stands don't add anything except the looks...

Mar 29, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #6,267 of 12,748
I don't use stands for any of my headphones as they only add pressure to the pads and will get dusty. The method I store my cans is rather uncommon but practical, I use ashoebox with a towel inside and have atteched a label to the outside. The pity about the X is that I couldn't find any card- or shoebox that could fit the plugs. Fortunately the outer packaging of the LCD-X is big enough.
It may not be the most esthetical way of storage but propably the most practical one, as I mentioned.
Though I sometimes store my cans on my Sieveking Omega stand when I need to place them down for several minutes.
I had plans for selfmade wooden storage boxes with bolstering and DIY headphone stands (yet I don't kwow for what purpose 
blink.gif
) but haven't had the time (nor delight) to start the project. The only things I have already finished are a small IEM rack and a small IEM stand.

Mar 29, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #6,268 of 12,748
  I don't use stands for any of my headphones as they only add pressure to the pads and will get dusty. The method I store my cans is rather uncommon but practical, I use ashoebox with a towel inside and have atteched a label to the outside. The pity about the X is that I couldn't find any card- or shoebox that could fit the plugs. Fortunately the outer packaging of the LCD-X is big enough.
It may not be the most esthetical way of storage but propably the most practical one, as I mentioned.
Though I sometimes store my cans on my Sieveking Omega stand when I need to place them down for several minutes.
I had plans for selfmade wooden storage boxes with bolstering and DIY headphone stands (yet I don't kwow for what purpose 
blink.gif
) but haven't had the time (nor delight) to start the project. The only things I have already finished are a small IEM rack and a small IEM stand.

One day I'll hope to finish a rack (solid Oak) like this... Then I've some potential regarding my collection :wink:!

Mar 29, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #6,269 of 12,748
Does anyone else find it funny that with a headphone collection like that, it's the Parrot Zik that gets the most prestigious spot in the collection?

Mar 29, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #6,270 of 12,748

That is really good idea, thanks, it be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back