Audeze LCD-X
Mar 12, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #6,136 of 12,748
in euros so i dont think so. pm @Lobh to check

Yep, it is me. I pass on a 15%-20% saving to people away from ebay...ebay price reflects their final value fees plus the 1-in-10/20 pads that 'disappear' that I have to replace.I also use double the volume of material to make the pad more comfortable and last the distance. Anyway, off-topic but just wanted to clarify that briefly.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #6,137 of 12,748
Just got my LCD-X (and the pad from @Lohb the same day) and have been using it 7+ hours every day for the last three days. The pad makes a real difference in comfort for me and IMO should be a standard accessory for LCD headphones... Thanks for making this easily available in a quality that doesn't make me feel ashamed of putting it on the LCD-X!
redface.gif

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #6,138 of 12,748
Just tried to listen to a couple of Simon O'Shine tracks (euphoric trance) with my LCD-2R2s prior to listing them for sale and I had to take them off and go back to the X : seriously, for what was their flagship headphone, could Audeze have made the bass any more one-dimensional ? David Mahler does make the point that the 2.2 is better suited to jazz, but putting the X's back on (same single-ended cable out of my Marantz SACD player's dedicated HP amp), I feel like I've just been shown the stars for the first time on a cloudless night after watching an early episode of Star Trek. To be fair to the LCD-2, I didnt really put a lot of hours on them before I bought the X and it may be that both the drivers and my ears needed more time to coalesce. C'est La Vie. 

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #6,139 of 12,748

I have no direct experience with the Moon Audio cables, but have read on Head-Fi that the Black Widow pairs well with the HD800, while the Silver Dragon pairs well with the LCD-X.  I believe it's the difference between the copper and silver cables.  The copper (BW) tones down the bright treble somewhat, while the silver (SD) opens up the high range.

How might the silverdragon compare with the Wywires?
Oh yes.  With removing of the grilles.  We are talking about the outer backs of the Xs?  If there was a picture, it's useless to me.  Please someone explain as if you were writing "LCD-X for Dummies."

Mar 12, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #6,141 of 12,748

Yes allow me to translate it for you:

''Your headphones are amazing - this graph has no bearing on them being better or worse than any other peoples Audeze headphones - believe what you're ears are telling you, not a graph. Time on here is time wasted when you could be listening to the Venga Boys in 24 bit. Take that graph and stick it on your fridge with magnetic alphabet letters''.

Phew, I nearly blacked out.

Any poltergeist requests are welcomed. 

Lee.

Mar 12, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #6,142 of 12,748

How might the silverdragon compare with the Wywires?
Oh yes.  With removing of the grilles.  We are talking about the outer backs of the Xs?  If there was a picture, it's useless to me.  Please someone explain as if you were writing "LCD-X for Dummies."

Have not heard the Silver Dragon on the LCD-X, but since I got the red Wywires I've not taken them off.  I have two pair - 4-pin XLR and dual 3-pin XLR - to drive the LCD-X and XC at the same time from the Mjolnir amp.  Both cables sound the same - great.  Never compared the red to the stock Audez'e cables.  

Mar 12, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #6,143 of 12,748

Have not heard the Silver Dragon on the LCD-X, but since I got the red Wywires I've not taken them off.  I have two pair - 4-pin XLR and dual 3-pin XLR - to drive the LCD-X and XC at the same time from the Mjolnir amp.  Both cables sound the same - great.  Never compared the red to the stock Audez'e cables.  

Well,  I got the Reds not too long after getting the Xs with the stock cable.  I noticed an opening in the mid and treble that wasn't there with the stocks.  I love the sound from them but was just curious about the dragons.  I did get a silver dragon USB and tried them on two different quality dacs and thought it was better. 
But, curiosity kills the wallet.

Mar 12, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #6,144 of 12,748

Well,  I got the Reds not too long after getting the Xs with the stock cable.  I noticed an opening in the mid and treble that wasn't there with the stocks.  I love the sound from them but was just curious about the dragons.  I did get a silver dragon USB and tried them on two different quality dacs and thought it was better. 
But, curiosity kills the wallet.

Agree - the reds open up the X sound.  Very nice.
I have one contact who may have experience - will PM and ask him.

BTW, don't want to sidetrack this thread, but I am having issues with USB cables.  I've tried the Forest and Cinnamon AQ 1.5M USB cables and the Gungnir drops with both.  Schiit advises to get a "real" USB 2.0 certified cable...I also have their PYST USB and no drops with that cable.  How did the silver dragon USB work for you?

Thanks -
RCBinTN

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #6,146 of 12,748
Uh oh... I've stopped getting sound out of the left side.  I've tried two different cables and both of my dac/amp setups and there's nothing.  Does anyone have any ideas before I contact Audeze support?  I'm getting sick thinking about it.  Not even had them a year. 
frown.gif

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #6,147 of 12,748

Agree - the reds open up the X sound.  Very nice.
I have one contact who may have experience - will PM and ask him.

BTW, don't want to sidetrack this thread, but I am having issues with USB cables.  I've tried the Forest and Cinnamon AQ 1.5M USB cables and the Gungnir drops with both.  Schiit advises to get a "real" USB 2.0 certified cable...I also have their PYST USB and no drops with that cable.  How did the silver dragon USB work for you?

Thanks -
RCBinTN

I didn't find much of a difference with the Hugo, but the old UHA-6MK.II(209) sounded a little clearer and deeper? I think.  The Hugo's good as it is, so I can't be sure that it wasn't psychosimatic.  I believe the SD was worth it, but check around (maybe on the Hugo thread,etc) for better oppinions.
HTH
Kevin
Oh yeah.  Dealing with the mod of removing the plate with 4 screws to widen the sound stage and such,was that in fact, removing the outer cover of the Xs or is there some inner thing to remove with four screws.

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #6,149 of 12,748

I didn't find much of a difference with the Hugo, but the old UHA-6MK.II(209) sounded a little clearer and deeper? I think.  The Hugo's good as it is, so I can't be sure that it wasn't psychosimatic.  I believe the SD was worth it, but check around (maybe on the Hugo thread,etc) for better oppinions.
HTH
Kevin
Oh yeah.  Dealing with the mod of removing the plate with 4 screws to widen the sound stage and such,was that in fact, removing the outer cover of the Xs or is there some inner thing to remove with four screws.

It's just taking out the 4 screws per plate. Nothing else. Nothing can go wrong. 
smile.gif
 I have put the plates back for now, because my current cable emphasizes the treble a bit more, and I need to get used that first.

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #6,150 of 12,748
  It's just taking out the 4 screws per plate. Nothing else. Nothing can go wrong. 
smile.gif
 I have put the plates back for now, because my current cable emphasizes the treble a bit more, and I need to get used that first.

congrats on the taboo.
let us know how it  sounds.
and if you 're going to get some new HP-cables

Users who are viewing this thread

Back