Audeze LCD-X
Mar 7, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #6,121 of 12,748
Oh sorry I was on mobile so it doesn't show up on my phone my bad should of thought about that

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #6,122 of 12,748

Can I ask, because i'm a little confused

When you remove the existing pads what happens to ''sticky bit'' that is already there?

In the video he removes the pads then adds another strip but where is the one that was there to begin with? Do you see what I mean? Is the solvent not attached to anything or is it on a strip once both white pieces have been removed?

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #6,123 of 12,748

When you remove the existing pads what happens to ''sticky bit'' that is already there?

In the video he removes the pads then adds another strip but where is the one that was there to begin with? Do you see what I mean? Is the solvent not attached to anything or is it on a strip once both white pieces have been removed?

I think it's a transparent double sided sticky tape that's protected by the white layers. :)

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #6,125 of 12,748

probably stuck to the earpads he removed.

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #6,128 of 12,748
Where do you get those headbands?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/754938/planar-pad-for-audeze-hifiman-mad-dog-alpha-dog-paradox-fostex-t50-rp-modders

I've been using my leather strap for about a week now with the Audeze LCD-X. They are quite a good investment for people with comfort issues. Here is a picture of it with the LCD-X.

I threaded both loops onto the yokes and split them so that one loop rested above the black gimbal and one loop rested below. This kept the strap in a perfect position for me at all times. The product was extremely easy to install.

The smooth leather of the strap is very comfortable against your head (much better than the bumps on the original headband). The strap completely sidesteps the annoying bumpy stock headband that I personally had issues with. I have found the suspension design to distribute the weight much better and alleviate the pressure, greatly improving the comfort of wearing these headphones for long multiple hour listening sessions! Having a suspension design definitely reduces the weight while wearing these headphones.

This product is actually a better option than the seat belt wraps suggested by another member as they look nicer and help with the weight as well. I have tried these seat belt wraps with the LCD-X: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005PK1CYI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. While the seat belt wrap do alleviate the pressure from the bumps, they do not help with the weight distribution or make the headphones feel lighter like the leather suspension strap.

The only caveat is that if you normally wear the LCD-X near max setting, you may need to invest in the extended yokes to have the headphones fit comfortable as the suspension strap requires you put the headphones are the maximum setting. I had my headphones on the 2nd-3rd notch and the maximum setting & the strap turned out to be a perfect fit for me.

The shipping of the product did not take too long and Lohb was very helpful answering all my questions.

Highly recommended product! Useful for anyone experiencing comfort issues regarding the bumpy stock headband or 600g weight of the LCD-X. 

Mar 9, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #6,129 of 12,748
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/754938/planar-pad-for-audeze-hifiman-mad-dog-alpha-dog-paradox-fostex-t50-rp-modders

Thanks a lot - Mine are one notch shy of minimum setting (small head...), so plenty of room for these, brilliant! The bump on top of the head is indeed the only source of discomfort when worn long time, otherwise LCD-X's are very comfy.

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #6,130 of 12,748

Got the FR graph of my LCD-X from Audeze yesterday. I have a neutral setup which makes my HD800 sound overly bright.
For most of my music the tonality of the LCD-X sounds about right, but I can tell it's on the darker side of neutral... 
blink.gif

Edit #1: I tried the black dragon (from moon audio) used by my XC on X, and I still prefer the stock cable on X which sounds excellent (if not flawless). I might try the silver dragon someday, cause the black dragon simply makes the X sound too muddy for my taste. Earlier I tried this with my previous pair of X and the result was the same. So strange.

Edit #2: My XC is much brighter than my X. Maybe this explains why the black dragon is OK on XC.

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #6,132 of 12,748
Sorry, but what do you mean by "dark" when compared to HD800?
Does it have more bass or less treble?

I mean the treble on my lcd-x has always been well extended, smooth and airy, but sometimes I want the treble to get "hotter". With or without a mildly pronounced 3~10KHz in EQ setting, the X remains very natural sounding, and this bugs me. They can't be both right imo, while I just can't tell which one wasn't. My assumption is that, if the uplifted treble doesn't make the brightness excessive, then the headphones are darkish by nature. :p

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #6,133 of 12,748

Got the FR graph of my LCD-X from Audeze yesterday. I have a neutral setup which makes my HD800 sound overly bright.
For most of my music the tonality of the LCD-X sounds about right, but I can tell it's on the darker side of neutral... 
blink.gif

Edit #1: I tried the black dragon (from moon audio) used by my XC on X, and I still prefer the stock cable on X which sounds excellent (if not flawless). I might try the silver dragon someday, cause the black dragon simply makes the X sound too muddy for my taste. Earlier I tried this with my previous pair of X and the result was the same. So strange.

Edit #2: My XC is much brighter than my X. Maybe this explains why the black dragon is OK on XC.

I have no direct experience with the Moon Audio cables, but have read on Head-Fi that the Black Widow pairs well with the HD800, while the Silver Dragon pairs well with the LCD-X.  I believe it's the difference between the copper and silver cables.  The copper (BW) tones down the bright treble somewhat, while the silver (SD) opens up the high range.

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #6,135 of 12,748

Users who are viewing this thread

Back