Audeze LCD-X
Mar 13, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #6,151 of 12,748
  Uh oh... I've stopped getting sound out of the left side.  I've tried two different cables and both of my dac/amp setups and there's nothing.  Does anyone have any ideas before I contact Audeze support?  I'm getting sick thinking about it.  Not even had them a year. 
frown.gif

This happened twice within three months for me for my XC. Same left driver. Contact them right away and ship it out. Customer Service at Audez'e is fantastic.

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #6,152 of 12,748

congrats on the taboo.
let us know how it  sounds.
and if you 're going to get some new HP-cables

Thanks! 
biggrin.gif

And it sounds wonderful! I'm not too fond of the stock tubes, but I started tube rolling yesterday. 
One set was recommended to me and that one really is the most transparent and energetic. I used that till yesterday. Right now I am using another set for a little bit more warmth and casual listening with the speakers that I have connected to the Taboo. I don't want to burn those more expensive tubes up with hours and hours of casual listening.

I recently bought a Toxic Virus which clearly has more treble than the stock cable. It really is an excllent cable, but my ears are a bit sensitive to higher frequencies, so I need to get used to it a bit.
I am also thinking about a Norne Solve-X, but my wallet is crying bitter tears right now! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #6,153 of 12,748
  Thanks! 
biggrin.gif

And it sounds wonderful! I'm not too fond of the stock tubes, but I started tube rolling yesterday.

"  tube rolling " ??  what Amp are you speaking about ?  what tube did you finally choosed ? 

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #6,154 of 12,748
  Uh oh... I've stopped getting sound out of the left side.  I've tried two different cables and both of my dac/amp setups and there's nothing.  Does anyone have any ideas before I contact Audeze support?  I'm getting sick thinking about it.  Not even had them a year. 
frown.gif

Call Audeze support.  Calling them is typically going to get you faster response than email.

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #6,155 of 12,748

"  tube rolling " ??  what Amp are you speaking about ?  what tube did you finally choosed ? 

I now have a Decware Taboo MK III. 
biggrin.gif

The best set I have is an USAF 596 rectifier with 6P15P-ER military edition output tubes and an Amperex 6922 pinched driver tube.

Right now I am using a Valve Art 274B rectifier, 6P15P-EP ElectronorgTechnica output tubes and an Amperex ECC88 6DJ8 Halo getter driver tube. 

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #6,156 of 12,748
  I now have a Decware Taboo MK III. 
biggrin.gif

The best set I have is an USAF 596 rectifier with 6P15P-ER military edition output tubes and an Amperex 6922 pinched driver tube.

Right now I am using a Valve Art 274B rectifier, 6P15P-EP ElectronorgTechnica output tubes and an Amperex ECC88 6DJ8 Halo getter driver tube. 

thanks for the reply.   I do not know how the Decware Taboo MK III sound, but at least, it looks gorgeous ! 

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #6,157 of 12,748

thanks for the reply.   I do not know how the Decware Taboo MK III sound, but at least, it looks gorgeous ! 

Haha the looks actually is one of the reasons why I bought it! 
biggrin.gif
 Second reason is the awesome reviews of it, and the Lucid Mode switch was a third reason, but I actually don't like that very much (others absolutely love it though). It sounds fantastic in the normal mode.

It is this review that really made me decide to buy one: http://headmania.org/2014/01/24/decware-taboo-mk-iii-review

And the fun thing is that it is that amp of that review that now is standing here on my desk! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #6,158 of 12,748
Speaking of cables for the LCD-X, I wonder if the DHC ( double hélix cable) COMPLEMENT 4 is really better than the Molecule Extreme ? or is it just different ?

Which one is recommended for the LCD-X ?

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #6,159 of 12,748
Guys -

I'm not sure if I should be revealing this but I recently got my leather conditioner from Audeze and have some very interesting finds!

I used it last night for the first time, and boy oh boy did they make a difference. On par (almost identical) to any after-market cable I've seen, and heard.

The differences (improvements), on a scale of 1-10, are as follows:

Soundstage - 0
Treble         - 0
Bass           - 0
Instrument separation - 0
Imaging      - 0

Aesthetic improvements - 10

Highly recommended.

Cheers guys.

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #6,160 of 12,748
if u rnt hearing the audible improvements after using ur leather conditioner, u obviously dont have golden specially trained ears forged in the fires of mt doom like me.

also, ur amp & dac is probably not expensive enough to let you hear the amazing improvements in all facets of sound that the leather condition adds.

u will notice the improvements if u just spend more $$$. trust me, imma audiophile :)

Mar 18, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #6,162 of 12,748
their leather conditioner is some really good stuff... the only thing I have tried that actually improves the condition of leather instead of destroying it.  I forget the brand they use but you can buy it in larger sizes direct from the original manufacturer for far less... same stuff... great stuff for all your leather.

Mar 18, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #6,163 of 12,748
their leather conditioner is some really good stuff... the only thing I have tried that actually improves the condition of leather instead of destroying it. I forget the brand they use but you can buy it in larger sizes direct from the original manufacturer for far less... same stuff... great stuff for all your leather.

Pretty sure Audeze uses Howard Leather Conditioner. Really good product

http://www.amazon.com/Howard-LC0008-Leather-Conditioner-8-Ounce/dp/B006MZHLZ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394468139&sr=8-1&keywords=howard+leather+conditioner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back