Audeze LCD-X
Oct 11, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #106 of 12,748
^ That's because too many of you are trying to order it.

Stop now. I'll buy it and let y'all know what it's like :p

Oct 11, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #107 of 12,748
^ That's because too many of you are trying to order it.

Stop now. I'll buy it and let y'all know what it's like
tongue.gif

I just ordered 97, their entire supply, so no one else can have one till end of November. I will be selling them for $5000 on the sales forum. Look for my ad.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #113 of 12,748
Hi Sweden : I agree; very good points aka LCD3; better treble, better soundstage needed and less bulky phones (big driver  is fine). My HE6 (much cheaper, poorer connectors) is preferable to my LCD3 here to my ears (jazz, classical), though LCD3 does sound very natural and in-ear sound presence cp airiness of HE6 which I like... Interested in a closed LCD XC so waiting to see how reviews go.

Oct 12, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #114 of 12,748
  Okay, everyone stop puching jibzilla in the face!
redface.gif

LCD-2 pads stink?  As in smell bad?  Huh.

The LCD-3 is a "balanced headphone".  What is that exactly?  Please explain.

I dont know if this post was sarcasm, but... I thought that's exactly what an XLR cable it does.  Furthermore the LCDX still terminates into 4 pin mini XLR...

I'm the most misinformed person on head-fi. 
redface.gif

It's $5 to re-terminate the cable.

The LCD-3 and LCD-X both use mini XLRs so stop goin' on about how the X is not balanced.
The LCD-X does not come with a 4-pin XLR cable. That's the difference.

Yeah, think I'll keep quiet too.
rolleyes.gif

se

Lcd-2 pads stink, since when are the balanced cables $5, and the lcd-3 is a balanced headphone which these look like they won't be. You know a balanced cable does not make the headphone itself balanced, that's not cheap. Your kidding right?

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #115 of 12,748
  If you have something to say then please say it.

You know a balanced cable does not make the headphone itself balanced, that's not cheap.

Pretty much every headphone out there is inherently balanced. It's simply a matter of whether or not you tie the two channel's grounds together or not. That's a decision that is cheap.

se

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #116 of 12,748
Hi Guys,

This is my first post and as a Audeze dealer in the UK this is the first I have heard about the LCD-X and XC, as a LCD-3 user I can't wait to get a chance to hear these, any idea on release? be interesting to see where the prices will sit in the UK.

Think I need to send a quick mail over to the Audeze Distributor over here to see what he knows :)

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #117 of 12,748
Now i wanna buy one, might sell the he-500 for it...

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #118 of 12,748
  Lcd-2 pads stink, since when are the balanced cables $5, and the lcd-3 is a balanced headphone which these look like they won't be. You know a balanced cable does not make the headphone itself balanced, that's not cheap. Your kidding right?

Didn't mean to say that. I was in a rush for work and what I meant to say is that the lcd-3 driver greatly benefits from being run balanced compared to other high-end headphones, it looks like the x's may not. The 2's didn't benefit that much either imo.

Yeah... no, just stop.

You should probably say "LCD2 pads don't work for me" instead of just saying they suck if it's the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back