Audeze LCD-X
Oct 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #94 of 12,748
  Lcd-2 pads stink, since when are the balanced cables $5, and the lcd-3 is a balanced headphone which these look like they won't be. You know a balanced cable does not make the headphone itself balanced, that's not cheap. Your kidding right?

rolleyes.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #96 of 12,748
Nevermind.

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #97 of 12,748
Wow awesome. The descriptions of the new tech inside the X has me excited. The new material has allowed the X to have even thinner/lighter diaphram is awesome. I knew Audez'e wasn't sitting on their hands for the past 2 years. And that fazor thing sounds like Abyss technology. I like the gun metal grey much better than the brown from Jude's video. Did anyone notice they can select different wood cups for the XC? Also, the X seems to be even more efficient than the XC. Strange. But man these guys make the HE-400 look terribly inefficient. The specs are just awesome. The price is just right too. When the LCD-3 came out the price was like a slap in the face for me. But the X I feel like buying.
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #98 of 12,748
  Lcd-2 pads stink, since when are the balanced cables $5, and the lcd-3 is a balanced headphone which these look like they won't be.

You know a balanced cable does not make the headphone itself balanced, that's not cheap. Your kidding right?

It's $5 to re-terminate the cable.

The LCD-3 and LCD-X both use mini XLRs so stop goin' on about how the X is not balanced.
The LCD-X does not come with a 4-pin XLR cable. That's the difference.

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #99 of 12,748
  Lcd-2 pads stink, since when are the balanced cables $5, and the lcd-3 is a balanced headphone which these look like they won't be. You know a balanced cable does not make the headphone itself balanced, that's not cheap. Your kidding right?

I dont know if this post was sarcasm, but... I thought that's exactly what an XLR cable it does.  Furthermore the LCDX still terminates into 4 pin mini XLR...

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #102 of 12,748

LCD-2 pads stink?  As in smell bad?  Huh.

The LCD-3 is a "balanced headphone".  What is that exactly?  Please explain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back