Audeze LCD-X
Oct 12, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #136 of 12,748
^After 1 freakin' meet impression. Sigh...

Oct 12, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #137 of 12,748
  ^After 1 freakin' meet impression. Sigh...

You're right, it's a quick preliminary judgement from a small number of impressions and Audeze's specs and description. After the excitement dies down and people have had a chance to use the LCD-X for a year, the verdict may well be different.  But, hell--it's a headphone and not a heart valve, and I'm looking to change it up from my LCD-2. No sure thing, but if I have to lay my money down, I picked a horse.
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #139 of 12,748
  Hallo everybody from the CanJam,
i' ve just tried the Lcd-X with the stock balanced cable driven by the fantastic cavalli audio liquid gold balanced amplifier.The dac was the V800 by Violectric.
I've used some of my reference recordings(courtesy of Audeze staff.they are really nice people).I do audio mastering and i often use headphones.
I can tell you that first i've listened to the Lcd-3 with the liquid gold and the V800.
Then i've switched to the Lcd-x with the same setup using the same stock balanced cable and the same reference recordings.
The first thing i've noticed is that the output volume on the Lcd-x is higher than the lcd-3.
The Lcd-x is for me the best product that Audeze has now on the market.The tone and the frequency response is much more balanced
across the entire frequency spectrum compared to the top of the line model Lcd-3.
I could easily master a record using the Lcd-x because i hear the source in more balanced and clear way compared to the lcd-3.
The Lcd-x is also faster in transient response compared to the Lcd-3.
These are my initial impressions.

I think i'll buy one.

Recommended.

Nice impressions. As I suspected. I'm buying the X.
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #146 of 12,748

It's not that different headphones benefit from going balanced, but more like whether it scales enough to actually show the differences. Honestly, anyone who can afford the LCD3 and LCDX/C would be able to afford balanced cables... I mean normal cables these days cost $250+ but there are companies like HPLaudio that are MUCH cheaper with excellent quality as well.

Also, you cannot use an SE to balanced adapter cable. It'll blow the amp. You can only go from balanced termination to SE adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back