Audeze LCD-X
Oct 13, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #151 of 12,748
No balanced cable and no option for a balanced cable at least to me is not the best indicator that the x's will be slutty like the 2's.

What do you mean no option for a balanced cable? You can order one right on the Audez'e website.

I'm sure the only reason they provide the 3 with both balanced and single ended cables is so customers feel like they get just a little more value for their $2,000, as more than a few jaws dropped when the price was announced.

se

Oct 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #153 of 12,748
What do you mean no option for a balanced cable? You can order one right on the Audez'e website.

I'm sure the only reason they provide the 3 with both balanced and single ended cables is so customers feel like they get just a little more value for their $2,000, as more than a few jaws dropped when the price was announced.

Agreed. 

I think a lot of assumptions are being made here- as is typical when a new product comes out.  We all go a little crazy with predictions, which really just wind up taking up a lot of post space and not providing the information everyone is yearning for.

As someone who was ready to pull the trigger on the LCD-2s, I'll be ordering both the LCD-X and LCD-2s to do a side by side comparison.  I'll post my conclusions after listening.  I might order a Valhalla as well since I don't have a lot of amps to do comparisons.

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #154 of 12,748
  Have not posted on Headfi in a long time. I will attempt to answer some of the questions 
The LCDX and XC will both come with Balanced cables.
The earpads on both are LCD3 type pads, but in black instead of brown with memory foam.

Thanks for the information.

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #155 of 12,748
  Have not posted on Headfi in a long time. I will attempt to answer some of the questions 
The earpads on both are LCD3 type pads, but in black instead of brown with memory foam.

+1 Thanks!

Wow, that makes it even tougher for me now.  I don't know whether to order LCD-X with vegan earpads or leather!

Oct 13, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #156 of 12,748

Agreed. 

I think a lot of assumptions are being made here- as is typical when a new product comes out.  We all go a little crazy with predictions, which really just wind up taking up a lot of post space and not providing the information everyone is yearning for.

As someone who was ready to pull the trigger on the LCD-2s, I'll be ordering both the LCD-X and LCD-2s to do a side by side comparison.  I'll post my conclusions after listening.  I might order a Valhalla as well since I don't have a lot of amps to do comparisons.

Look forward to it. The X has certainly got my attention so far.

se

Oct 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #157 of 12,748

Thanks for clearing that up Sankar. I was getting tired of all the wild assumptions made on basis of nothing, from people who don't even understand what they're talking about.

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #158 of 12,748
I'd just ordered a set of LCD-3 just over a week ago, not knowing anything about the LCD-X.
A fear days later, my dealer sent me a link to Jude's CanJam preview, saying that after watching the Audeze section he'd understand if I wanted to change my mind.
We'll after reading all the comments, I do want to change my mind, but ..... I do really like the zebrano wood effect of the LCD-3 :frowning2:
If only Audeze brought the X tech to LCD-3. Maybe a LCD-3.2? I know I'm being greedy here.

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #159 of 12,748
I'd just ordered a set of LCD-3 just over a week ago, not knowing anything about the LCD-X.
A fear days later, my dealer sent me a link to Jude's CanJam preview, saying that after watching the Audeze section he'd understand if I wanted to change my mind.
We'll after reading all the comments, I do want to change my mind, but ..... I do really like the zebrano wood effect of the LCD-3
frown.gif

If only Audeze brought the X tech to LCD-3. Maybe a LCD-3.2? I know I'm being greedy here.

I remember them saying they they had room for improvements with the LCD-3 when the 3s just came out, and some where a bit mad at this.
Wouldn't surprise me if they came with a LCD-3 X or LCD-4 next year, who knows.
Let's see how the LCD-X measure up to the 3s first.

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #160 of 12,748

I remember them saying they they had room for improvements with the LCD-3 when the 3s just came out, and some where a bit mad at this.
Wouldn't surprise me if they came with a LCD-3 X or LCD-4 next year, who knows.

Exactly what I was going to say. There's a new flagship coming me thinks, based on the new tech. Based on the new terminology it should be called the LCD-XXX. :)

Oct 13, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #162 of 12,748
We'll after reading all the comments, I do want to change my mind, but ..... I do really like the zebrano wood effect of the LCD-3 :frowning2:

Maybe you can see if your dealer will let you order the LCD-X and then you can keep the one you like better. Basically, return the LCD-3 now and come back to audition and choose when both are in stock. The Audeze site refers to the Fazor technology in the technology section, so perhaps the LCD-3 drivers will get updated at some point--Sankar might be able to shed some light.

Oct 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #163 of 12,748
Maybe you can see if your dealer will let you order the LCD-X and then you can keep the one you like better. Basically, return the LCD-3 now and come back to audition and choose when both are in stock. The Audeze site refers to the Fazor technology in the technology section, so perhaps the LCD-3 drivers will get updated at some point--Sankar might be able to shed some light.

Sorry I wasn't too clear in my original post.
I've ordered the LCD-3 but not yet received them. My local dealer in Scotland was trying to source them from the only UK distributor (in England) when he sent me the link. So I asked him to hold the order (even though I've already paid for the LCD-3's) until I'd heard the CanJam attendees views and read comments here.
I'll probably call them during the week and change the order to the LCD-X. As much as I like the look of the 3's, I think I'll go for the updated tech. Plus the few pennies I'll save can go towards the Burson Conductor I've got my eye on.

Shaka

Oct 13, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #165 of 12,748
I think, something made to replace the LCD-3 with a new FAZOR!!! technology, would be priced near the $2000 price range or more. 

The X may end up outperforming the LCD-3,  (they in fact already do, if a couple of brief impression hold any weight in head-fi ).
But they are not the end game for Audez'e, and we may see that in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back