Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Nov 2, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #2,987 of 4,796
How are the LCDi4 with EDM and genres which have a sub bass rumble, can these deliver that deep low head shaking bass?
Yes but but my pair tends to rattle a bit on the really low notes; not really a problem for me though.

Nov 2, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #2,988 of 4,796
How are the LCDi4 with EDM and genres which have a sub bass rumble, can these deliver that deep low head shaking bass?
I have a portable DAC with parametric and low shelf eq. As far as in ears, the i4 has some of the heaviest low end I've heard. It's so clean and deep. Accepts eq wonderfully.the only thing it CAN'T do is rattle your head like over ear cans, cuz they're in ear, but it goes deep and slams if you wan it to.

Nov 2, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #2,989 of 4,796
Cheers. I'm very close to purchasing them. But then I came across this 25 minute review who thinks LCDi4 is rubbish. He really criticises them. Most other reviews have been positive, but does this reviewer have a point?

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #2,990 of 4,796
Cheers. I'm very close to purchasing them. But then I came across this 25 minute review who thinks LCDi4 is rubbish. He really criticises them. Most other reviews have been positive, but does this reviewer have a point?

No, not all. I actually stopped watching at 3 minutes 20 sec when he said the ISine 10 with cipher cable was better. I own the 20, owned them for well over a year and a half, and the LCDi4 smacked them around with the extra detail and precision. I see the ISine 20 for workouts, cuz whenever I go from i4 to 20, it sounds muffled, which try most certainly are not. It's just a complete different league. I have cipher for i4, Wich is nice to get an idea of the all around picture, but the technical ability of the cipher cable is certainly lacking. Best portable DAC for i4, IMO, for services such as Tidal, Spotify, etc. Is the Monolith Portable DAC. With a e band parametric, as well as a high shelf and low shelf, the i4 can be dialed in very close to the starter of the cipher cable, but with a far better DAC and amp. It sounds phenomenal.

Nov 3, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #2,991 of 4,796

In my opinion the guy is a bit over the top FR based. He claims etymotic er4xr is the best of the best IEM. And while I also believe they are absolutely great when it comes to showing the true music I really do enjoy listening to my lcdi4 the very most out of any set I own or have ever tried. So sound is subjective and claiming your measurements show you shouldn't like that sound is a bit arrogant to me. All it can show is that its different to what is considered the standard today. But remember that standards have always changed throughout time when it comes to subjective matters so in the end isn't what you like what counts?

Nov 3, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #2,992 of 4,796
I looked at his other videos and 80 percent of his videos are negative reviews. Maybe it's for reaction, I dunno. But there's a lot more people who positively talk about them than negatively everywhere else.

Have any of you heard the latest LCDi3 that was released a couple of months ago?

I wouldn't expect them to be as good as the i4, however is there a huge difference between the i3 and the i4 to justify the grand plus difference in price?

Nov 3, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #2,993 of 4,796
The specialty about i4's bass is that it is a mixture of BA & Dynamic. As I have already stated in my previous posts that a quality amplification/source/DAC will make i4 shine.

I have 4 amps: 1 desktop & 3 portable
I'll describe the bass on all the amps(reveal plugin ON). Please see the fit of i4 matters a lot (for bass). With new earfins, the fit is very snug & better sealed as compared to both old & new ear hooks.

1. BA300S tube amp: Bass is bodied, decays slowly, soft, does not extend much as compared to other. Definition is good. This amp is more about mids & treble sparkle.

2. Mass Kobo 424: This amp is very powerful. On low gain, its more bodied, extends deep, texture & definition is better than ba300s. Slam is excellent for a transportable amp. I really love r2r2kred, 424 & i4 pairing. Goes with all genres.

3. HUM Class A balanced portable discrete amp(4.4.mm): Here many things change . This amp come to life after 15-20 mins(class A) of activity. Planars love current & this delivers in abundance(for portable). I am surprised how can an amp thinner than a pack of cards deliver such amazing power, transparency & dynamics. Extension, quality & layering is the best of all three. The driver control is very good. The sub bass rumble is best controlled on HUM. You have fast, hard hitting with adequate decay.

4. Benchmark HPA4: The best amp I have ever tried with i4. This truly unleashes the bass on i4. The bass reaches the upper -mid chest. The extension is unbelievable. Its like new bass notes are added in the track. There is so much appreciate in bass frequencies The texturing, slam & dynamics are fantastic. Hpa4 has an iron grip on i4's driver.

EDIT: The scalability from portable to desktop gear is very good.

@cj3209 I have not experienced any rattle on my amps.
I am surprised that despite being in a partial plastic housing there is no rattle. Try to adjust amount of mix applied in roon/audirvana (reveal/audeze plugin). I usually listen at 85-90. This is very subjective.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #2,994 of 4,796
the i4 is an exceptional product...nothing I have heard compares as a IEM

Nov 4, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #2,995 of 4,796
I hope they can make an i4 with the tuning of the Lcd-1.

Cause I don't use an apple device for the Cypher cable. :/

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #2,998 of 4,796
I have just received my package with new curved ear hooks and I have to say they can now be worn for hours without any discomfort for me.
They simply disappear.
After years of searching for small IEM's that fit me and offer top of the line sound, these ones just nail everything for me.

Nov 4, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #2,999 of 4,796
I hope they can make an i4 with the tuning of the Lcd-1.

Cause I don't use an apple device for the Cypher cable. :/
Anker makes a lightning to USB C converter, and there are portable DACs with eq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back