Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Aug 19, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #2,866 of 4,798
Did anyone know about this LCDi3 which is to be released on August 23rd, with a price tag of $899.00?

LCDi3-ProductShots2_2000x.jpg

lighter

INTRODUCING THE LCD-i3

Audeze announces the new LCD-i3, successor to the extremely popular iSINE 20 and "little brother" to the LCD-i4. The LCD-i3 features sonic improvements over the iSINE 20, with Bluetooth, Lightning, and standard 3.5mm connectivity included. By using the Magnesium housing and grill design of the LCD-i4, the LCD-i3 reduces unwanted resonance and offers improved resolution over the iSINE 20.

The LCD-i3 will be priced at only $899 USD retail and will begin shipping on August 23rd.

Looks like an iSine 20 in a LCDi4 magnesium shell? The new ear fins sound promising.

Aug 19, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #2,870 of 4,798
I ordered an accessory kit to try the new ear fins. The old ear locks are what I have been using. They are comfortable to me so really got the ear fins more out of curiosity, but if they improve fit and comfort, I won’t complain! Will report back once I receive

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #2,873 of 4,798
@KMann i wanted to get the i4 version of the BT adapter in the UK. On your website you no longer ship to the UK. Why is this? The UK distributor Scan incorrectly lists only one version and has never had stock anyway. I also wanted to order the new accessory kit but can’t order that either.

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #2,875 of 4,798
Hi there, I'm a super satisfied owner from Italy and, given that I'm usually a silent reader, I would like to share with you one of common cons that goes with the lcdi4 - portability.

I was wondering for a long time if Audeze will eventually come out with a closed back item (I thought it could be the i3 before reading the email) but nothing is on the way (I even asked them). So I started to read and trying to find something portable (under 500 eur) that could "match" (I know that it won't but with similar sound or as close as possible to audeze signature) but nothing (I have the basso it01 but I don't like them and I tried the cl2 and I thought it was the worst deal in terms of cost/performance ratio).

Thank you in advance for any precious suggestion!

Compliments to all this community

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #2,876 of 4,798
Hi there, I'm a super satisfied owner from Italy and, given that I'm usually a silent reader, I would like to share with you one of common cons that goes with the lcdi4 - portability.

I was wondering for a long time if Audeze will eventually come out with a closed back item (I thought it could be the i3 before reading the email) but nothing is on the way (I even asked them). So I started to read and trying to find something portable (under 500 eur) that could "match" (I know that it won't but with similar sound or as close as possible to audeze signature) but nothing (I have the basso it01 but I don't like them and I tried the cl2 and I thought it was the worst deal in terms of cost/performance ratio).

Thank you in advance for any precious suggestion!

Compliments to all this community
I personally find the 64 audio tia fourte quite complimentary. Open sounding deep reaching, smooth, articulate.....expensive . Great iem though

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #2,877 of 4,798
I just picked up a 64 Tia Fourte and agree. I love my LCD i4 for listening at home and travelling when I can listen somewhere quiet. But, when I’m moving around or somewhere I need some quiet (busier office) then the Tia Fourte sounds close- certainly better than most other IEMs I’ve tried (JH Layla 2, Noble Encore and K10). I’d say the 64 Fourte and LCD i4 are all I need for portable audio bliss.

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #2,878 of 4,798
I just picked up a 64 Tia Fourte and agree. I love my LCD i4 for listening at home and travelling when I can listen somewhere quiet. But, when I’m moving around or somewhere I need some quiet (busier office) then the Tia Fourte sounds close- certainly better than most other IEMs I’ve tried (JH Layla 2, Noble Encore and K10). I’d say the 64 Fourte and LCD i4 are all I need for portable audio bliss.

I’m looking for a similar solution, but how much can the Tia Fourte possibly capture of the immense open soundstage of the I4?

Aug 21, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #2,880 of 4,798
I use the Andromeda as my closed in ear option. its much more delicate sounding , which isnt necessarily a negative, but the large soundstage and good overall tuning is a good complement to the lcdi4 for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back