Audeze LCD-5 Review, Measurements, Interview
Jan 20, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #4,006 of 6,785
Replaced the headband: extremely easy operation, requires just a minimum of dexterity.
The clamping force is decidedly less, for me it was comfortable even before, but in this way it becomes almost a pillow. The sound? However credible a non-direct comparison may be, it seems the same. The right seal is, in any case, assured.
As a plus, I believe it can also induce less mechanical stress on the pads, increasing its longevity.

Thanks to Audeze for the free upgrade.
Nice, I just submitted my request for one. It looks easy enough to swap.

Jan 20, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #4,007 of 6,785
Did you receive a tracking number/email notification when your headband was sent out? I'm curious if I should be expecting mine any day now

Jan 20, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #4,008 of 6,785
Did you receive a tracking number/email notification when your headband was sent out? I'm curious if I should be expecting mine any day now
Yes, you should get a shipping notification email.

Jan 20, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #4,010 of 6,785
I need to ask CS about the status of my headband. I was told it was ordered on January 3rd.
They told me there are some delays and they’re trying to get mine out next week.

Jan 21, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #4,012 of 6,785
Received my replacement LCD-5 cables, swapped from 6.3mm to XLR 4-PIN Balanced. Playing from my M17 via a Singxer SA-1... wow! Brilliant! Awaiting delivery of cables from Forza AudioWorks early next week so I can play via the TT2 and MScaler... now that should be great! My new audio cabinet is serving me well. Even the door has a function of holding my Headphone Cable lessening the weight and movement.

Attachments

• 20220121_223851.jpg
    20220121_223851.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #4,013 of 6,785
So... end of my evening with a couple of hours under my belt. Wow! what a listening session! It will be even better when cables are changed together with that Headband on the LCD-5... Gosh it got a but much after a prolonged wear.... hopefully my new replacement Headband is on its way to me by now....

Jan 22, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #4,014 of 6,785
Since I have often been asked why I use the LCD-5 EQd and not just keep the Susvara that sounds fantastic without EQ. Well it's not that simple. The LCD-5 is the first non E Stat to offer the speed and resolution of an E Stat and all without the drawbacks of E Stats (punch). Orthodynamic technology has broken the domain of E Stats with the release of the LCD-5. What I already knew after 1 hour of listening, others are now slowly getting behind it.

Even my 007, which offers very good punch for an E-state, cannot compete with the LCD-5 in this area. In terms of speed, resolution, imaging, the 5 is at least one class rather 2 classes better than the 007. Tonally after EQ anyway. If Audeze had managed the stock tuning better....

Jan 22, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #4,015 of 6,785
The LCD-5 is the first non E Stat to offer the speed and resolution of an E Stat and all without the drawbacks of E Stats (punch). Orthodynamic technology has broken the domain of E Stats with the release of the LCD-5. What I already knew after 1 hour of listening, others are now slowly getting behind it.
The LCD-5 is slower than the CRBN (probably why they are getting into stats in the first place...), which is slower than the newer Staxes.
That is coming from the guy you are quoting.
Anybody judging objectively could list several flaws/weaknesses in any headphone (without or with EQ which is already a notable compromise).
The rest is a repeating cycle called hyping.

Jan 22, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #4,016 of 6,785
For a lot people slower is when it sounds fuller.
Take the 1266 TC for a lot of people it sounds fast but technically it is not transient response is very bad.
Let us discuss further when there are transient response measurements of LCD-5, 009, 007, X9000 on the same rig.
Other discussion is senseless.
When you read my lines I never said LCD-5 is faster then 009 or X9000 but for sure it is the fastest orthodynamic and very very near on this attribute without the compromises of them. That's what it make an better headphone for me.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #4,017 of 6,785
For a lot people slower is when it sounds fuller.
Take the 1266 TC for a lot of people it sounds fast but technically it is not transient response is very bad.
Let us discuss further when there are transient response measurements of LCD-5, 009, 007, X9000 on the same rig.
Other discussion is senseless.
Ok, so now you say the guy who you linked is not a good reviewer at all? I sense a slight bit of personal bias here where one is hearing 'right' any everybody else is 'wrong'...

Jan 22, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #4,018 of 6,785
Ok, so now you say the guy who you linked is not a good reviewer at all? I sense a slight bit of personal bias here where one is hearing 'right' any everybody else is 'wrong'...
Why? He said in his TC review it has wonky mids but you can better them with placement on the head but they never are on Susvara level in fullness.
Or what are you referring to?
I like he's reviews he is a real audiophile. But not a technically guy which refers to or makes measurements.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #4,019 of 6,785
Why? He said in his TC review it has wonky mids but you can better them with placement on the head but they never are on Susvara level in fullness.
Or what are you referring to?
Didn't mention the TC once, I am talking claiming a planar being just as fast as the newer stats, if you are disagreeing with him, why quote the Director's Garage review in the first place.

Jan 22, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #4,020 of 6,785
I agree with him when you hear the LCD5 side by side with the 009 you cannot really tell which is faster what is something I never occurred in comparing other headphones to the 009. In measurements we maybe see that they are on par, or 009 5% faster or 5s 2% faster.
In the end it doesn't matter the lcd5 is blazing fast and if a 009 is 5% faster or an X9000 6% so what? No one has ever been that close, not even close!
When you hear a Susvara you can tell for sure 009 is faster. In comparison with LCD-5 it's very hard to tell.
CRBN has more heighs and maybe it seems only that it is faster then 5s but I never heared CRBN. Both must be EQd to the same target and then compared side by side. Don't know if Andrew Park has done it. I only read he don't know any attribute CRBN is better then 5s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back