Audeze LCD-5 Review, Measurements, Interview
Mar 16, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #6,736 of 6,785
interesting for me during my short time with the lcd-5 I found them so forward and aggressive that I had to sell them..we all hear things differently
That’s where the EQ comes in. I was against EQ for the longest time believing it threw the balance or changed the intrinsic character of the headphone.

The professional EQ eg. Roon preset or the MitchB are very well done. It is still a matter of personal preference. But it tamed that aggressive character. And much much cheaper than a cable or source change.

Mar 16, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #6,737 of 6,785
I am good with MitchB filters especially for my sr1a...in the case of the LCD-5 I think it is too far from my preference for EQ to fix it

Mar 18, 2024 at 4:30 AM Post #6,738 of 6,785
That’s where the EQ comes in. I was against EQ for the longest time believing it threw the balance or changed the intrinsic character of the headphone.

The professional EQ eg. Roon preset or the MitchB are very well done. It is still a matter of personal preference. But it tamed that aggressive character. And much much cheaper than a cable or source change.

I tend to be against digital EQ as with Chord gear you can very clearly hear the soundstage clarity drop. I ended up getting a Lokius, and while there's still a small drop in clarity, I'm mostly using it with music where I want more bass, and detail is less of an issue.

Anyhow, I just dropped into the thread to say that the warmer sound signature of the Aune S17 I have in for review is a nice match with the LCD-5.

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #6,739 of 6,785
I tend to be against digital EQ as with Chord gear you can very clearly hear the soundstage clarity drop. I ended up getting a Lokius, and while there's still a small drop in clarity, I'm mostly using it with music where I want more bass, and detail is less of an issue.

Anyhow, I just dropped into the thread to say that the warmer sound signature of the Aune S17 I have in for review is a nice match with the LCD-5.
Which EQ did you try?
Roon only?

Mar 19, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #6,740 of 6,785
Which EQ did you try?
Roon only?
I'm gonna try to move my EQ settings and profiles directly into the matrix processor on HQPlayer to see if that has a positive impact on music quality, or to be more precise, less of a hit on quality. I'm using Roon's EQ right now and feed it directly to HQPlayer for upsampling, people on the HQP thread have been recommending sending a bit perfect signal to HQPlayer and then doing your EQ inside of HQP

Mar 20, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #6,741 of 6,785
I'm gonna try to move my EQ settings and profiles directly into the matrix processor on HQPlayer to see if that has a positive impact on music quality, or to be more precise, less of a hit on quality. I'm using Roon's EQ right now and feed it directly to HQPlayer for upsampling, people on the HQP thread have been recommending sending a bit perfect signal to HQPlayer and then doing your EQ inside of HQP
I found Apo EQ to be much better than the one in Roon. Will try hq player Eq at some point.

Mar 22, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #6,743 of 6,785
Just back from a local hi-fi show which luckily had a few headphones booths. My last year favorite combo was the Utopia 2022 with Dcs Lina stack. This year the Utopias were matched with Naim Unity Atom which was not bringing the best of the Utopias. The LCD-5 was my favorite this year, they raised above the rest but I noticed it was a very different experience from an amp to another due to the LCD-5 high level of transparency. I dind't like at all the pairing of Bartok Apex and LCD-5, flat and uninspiring of course to my taste. I enjoyed more when paired with the SPL Phonitor XE but not enough to buy the LCD-5 at that point... until I heard the LCD-5 with the Ferrum Oor... this combo was pure magic ! It brought a texture and bass depth that I never heard before with the LCD-5 and adding soundstage depth while sacrifying little clarity. LCD-5 is on my wishlist now.

Mar 27, 2024 at 3:44 AM Post #6,744 of 6,785
Hello dear LCD-5 owners,
I have a problem with the right ear cup. The attachment of the right ear cup is poor and has play. This leads to extraneous sounds when listening to music and is very disturbing.
Maybe someone had such a problem and managed to solve it without contacting the service center?

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #6,745 of 6,785
Hello dear LCD-5 owners,
I have a problem with the right ear cup. The attachment of the right ear cup is poor and has play. This leads to extraneous sounds when listening to music and is very disturbing.
Maybe someone had such a problem and managed to solve it without contacting the service center?

As an owner of old LCD models I just realised that the LCD5 doesn’t have the screw that can be tightened easily. I would like to know the solution to this problem as well.

Mar 27, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #6,746 of 6,785
Hello dear LCD-5 owners,

The yoke on my right ear cup has this happening slightly on the front side attachment. Curious if @Audeze can provide any guidance on if this mechanism could be adjusted by a user without special tools.

Mar 27, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #6,748 of 6,785
Another “User Serviceable” question here. My right cup rotates much “easier” or “looser” than the left cup. Any way I can balance the tightness on them?
I had the same issue when I first purchased mine. I just rotated the stiff one back and forth a few times. No issues since.

Mar 27, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #6,750 of 6,785
there is a small Allen screw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back