Audeze LCD-5 Review, Measurements, Interview
Mar 26, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #4,756 of 6,820
Another new friend for my Lcd-5.

20220326_075816.jpg

Hopefully my Audeze will be back soon...

Mar 26, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #4,758 of 6,820
21 LCD5 in the classifieds

wow
Wow, is right. It is interesting that I find so many people in this hobby are chasing that illusion “perfect sound” hoping from one thing to the next. I wonder how many of us just sit back, listen and enjoy. I have fallen into that same trap myself, and only just recently have shed away the, superfluous , forgone jumping to something new, and started enjoying what I have.

Easy to loose sight of what amazing audio gear many of us have. Sometimes we forget to appreciate it and get caught up on the little things, that often, in the grand scheme are insignificant.

Mar 26, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #4,759 of 6,820
Mar 26, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #4,762 of 6,820
That’s fukcing crazy
Unfortunately, fair or not, many if not most people find it takes a couple days of burn-in, plus EQ, to really enjoy the LCD-5.

I see a lot of the listings show listening times of just a few hours, so no burn-in, and probably didn't EQ either. I can see how an immediate out of the box experience won't be so great to many.

Mar 26, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #4,763 of 6,820
21 LCD5 in the classifieds

wow

Big reason I've held off on putting mine up for sale. Also paid quite a bit less than most of the prices I'm seeing and don't want to lowball the classified market. (*edit* correction, I actually paid much higher than I thought, I'd list them at the same as I'm seeing so please disregard).

Wow, is right. It is interesting that I find so many people in this hobby are chasing that illusion “perfect sound” hoping from one thing to the next. I wonder how many of us just sit back, listen and enjoy. I have fallen into that same trap myself, and only just recently have shed away the, superfluous , forgone jumping to something new, and started enjoying what I have.

Easy to loose sight of what amazing audio gear many of us have. Sometimes we forget to appreciate it and get caught up on the little things, that often, in the grand scheme are insignificant.

Although I think this is relevant to head-fi in general, I think it's ok for something to just not be your cup of tea--and I think that's the case here broadly. That was my experience with the LCD-5. Clearly, some others really adore it with EQ, which is also ok.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #4,764 of 6,820
I think it's ok for something to just not be your cup of tea
1000% . If you're spending ~$4k on a headphone, it better impress you. Which the LCD-5 has done and continues to do for me.

Mar 26, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #4,765 of 6,820
Mar 26, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #4,766 of 6,820
How many times should I preach it uses an EQ that is absolutely necessary with the LCD-5!
People give up too soon.
With EQ I see no other headphone with this Speed, Resolution and that unbeatable Bass. Easily Susvara level with energetic sound instead of the laidback Hifiman character.
Speed and Resolution like an E Stat but this basssss wow!

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #4,767 of 6,820
How many times should I preach it uses an EQ that is absolutely necessary with the LCD-5!
People give up too soon.
With EQ I see no other headphone with this Speed, Resolution and that unbeatable Bass. Easily Susvara level with energetic sound instead of the laidback Hifiman character.
Speed and Resolution like an E Stat but this basssss wow!
Partially true, unfortunately a bigger soundstage can't be EQ'D into it.

Mar 26, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #4,769 of 6,820
the lcd-5 is excellent but for many a bit of a shock coming from the 4...I think it is so very forward and aggressive and that really has made a tough sell for many in the audeze community...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back