Audeze LCD-4
Jan 31, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #2,282 of 11,995
He's just doing his usual Audeze trolling.  Pay no attention.

Not trolling, simply calling Audeze's excuses the public blow job that it is. Of course it helps if one has seen Animal House.

Heard all that BS from Audeze when I had my LCD-2.2, LCD-3C, LCD-X and LCD-3F and the excuses from the many returns for the crap they are selling to the unsuspecting. They still have no clue how to manufacture their product, as demonstrated by all the recurring issues.

Anyone buying Audeze now are enablers. Don't be a sucker.

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #2,283 of 11,995
hi everyone i bought a moon audio black dragon v2 cable to fit my audeze, is it possible to buy a plu connector so that it can also fit my oppo pm1

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #2,284 of 11,995
Personally, I heard the "it was our supplier, not us" story from Audeze when I had my 3's exchanged (I think it was the third time) and they said that they had since changed suppliers.  That was well before the 4's launched.

But here we are, same issues, with the new 4's.  And the 'how many dead 3's have you had' thread is still alive and well, too.  So I guess the new supplier is also bad?  Is that we are to believe?

One bad supplier, shame on the supplier.  Two bad suppliers, shame on Audeze for not learning from the first experience.

I know they are touting a 3 year warranty, and that's great and all BUT, when I had my 3's Audeze had them for 1/3 of the time I owned them.  That's akin to owing a car that doesn't start two days a week.

And what happens after the 3 years?  My $4000 headphones are just garbage I guess.  Not to mention, that with my 1/3 of the time in the shop example above, I would only get to use them for 2 of the three years because one of those years they would be with Audeze.  So that's $2000 a year to own a pair of LCD4's.  If that's the case, I'll pass.  

I've said it before, and I'm saying it again.  I checked this thread because after my bad 3 experience I WANTED to come back to Audeze.  I still do.  But until after they fix - IF - they fix this and survive, I'm staying away.  

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #2,285 of 11,995
He's just doing his usual Audeze trolling. Pay no attention.

Not trolling, simply calling Audeze's excuses the public blow job that it is. Of course it helps if one has seen Animal House.

Heard all that BS from Audeze when I had my LCD-2.2, LCD-3C, LCD-X and LCD-3F and the excuses from the many returns for the crap they are selling to the unsuspecting. They still have no clue how to manufacture their product, as demonstrated by all the recurring issues.

Anyone buying Audeze now are enablers. Don't be a sucker.

I've had failures with my LCD3s and they've been repaired and replaced multiple times. Given the awareness of the situation, everyone need to make their own decision,

I like the sound sig of Audeze enough to live with the downside. That doesn't make me an enabler or a sucker, just a customer.

Now that you've had your 20th vent on the topic, how about moving on rather than insulting others who see it differently from you. I think the Audeze customers will survive without your constant whinging. And you can enjoy whatever other brand you've moved on to.

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #2,286 of 11,995
Just to add to my stream of comments here, the main thing that strikes me about the LCD4 sonics is substance. Instruments and voices sound big and substantial, not like miniature versions of the real thing. I'm reminded of speakers I heard in shows and stores like the Dynaudio Evidence. This is what makes the LCD4 so compelling for me (well, one factor). A singer sounds like a full-grown person standing up, not like a smaller disembodied voice. It's almost eerie to hear this kind of imaging in a headphone.
For perspective, the other headphone I feel is substantial is my Grado PS1000e; this is also a favorite phone of mine that I love. But the LCD4 is ahead of the Grado in this area, often by a lot.

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #2,287 of 11,995
I've had failures with my LCD3s and they've been repaired and replaced multiple times. Given the awareness of the situation, everyone need to make their own decision,

I like the sound sig of Audeze enough to live with the downside. That doesn't make me an enabler or a sucker, just a customer.

Now that you've had your 20th vent on the topic, how about moving on rather than insulting others who see it differently from you. I think the Audeze customers will survive without your constant whinging. And you can enjoy whatever other brand you've moved on to.

Many people's experience with Audeze is another's "whining".

I'll continue talk about what ever I wish, thank you.

Take your own advise and pay no attention, and quit pulling numbers out your butt and trying to bully me by talking over me.

Capisce?

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #2,288 of 11,995
I think every head-fier has read seemingly ongoing quality control issues with each new Audeze thread. With this historical context in mind, people tend to take their money elsewhere or they decide to stay loyal. I do not think we should turn on each other when really this is in Audeze's court. One or two individual unit defects is probably normal for every company in every field. For there to be consistent reports on an absolutely massive site like Head-Fi generation after generation of product is something else. And the über expensive LCD-4 is meant to be handmade? It is interesting the product will remain on sale whilst Audeze admit they are investigating a way to implement manufacturing changes to resolve this "once and for all"

Jan 31, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #2,289 of 11,995
... One or two individual unit defects is probably normal for every company in every field.

I'm sorry but how many times you've heard about unit defects from Sennheiser, AKG, Audio Technica, Focal, Fostex.. etc etc..?

Any thread on Head-Fi called HD800/TH900/HE1000/..... driver failure?

The statistics of unit defects of Audeze is just not comparable to other manufactures.

Not even close.

Jan 31, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #2,290 of 11,995

Many people's experience with Audeze is another's "whining".

I'll continue talk about what ever I wish, thank you.

Take your own advise and pay no attention, and quit pulling numbers out your butt and trying to bully me by talking over me.

Capisce?

LOL

Capisce?

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #2,291 of 11,995
I'm sorry but how many times you've heard about unit defects from Sennheiser, AKG, Audio Technica, Focal, Fostex.. etc etc..?

Any thread on Head-Fi called HD800/TH900/HE1000/..... driver failure?

The statistics of unit defects of Audeze is just not comparable to other manufactures.

Not even close.

FWIW, I believe you and LFC-SL are more in agreement than not. :)

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #2,292 of 11,995
I have had absolutely zero issues with my LCD-X or my XC and have been listening to them full time for a few years now.  I don't remember anyone complaining about those models and they sound incredible so maybe that is the Audeze sweet spot.

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #2,293 of 11,995
  I have had absolutely zero issues with my LCD-X or my XC and have been listening to them full time for a few years now.  I don't remember anyone complaining about those models and they sound incredible so maybe that is the Audeze sweet spot.

Me too, groovyd, in fact I bought a 2nd pair of X for co-listening with my wife.  No issues at all with the X or XC.  My old X are now 2-years and they sound great.

The concern with driver reliability is exactly why I've shelved my thoughts for the LCD-4, despite the highly acclaimed sound.  I will wait until either the raw material or mfg control issues are solved, or Audeze backs off to a more reliable design.  I think the X/XC was their sweet spot and they pushed the limits of their capability.  I have no data to support that comment, other than the posts on this site.  I remain a big fan of Audeze.

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #2,294 of 11,995
The X is the single best versatile for value TOTL can I've heard. How similar are your 2 X models? I know some people complain about quality control...

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #2,295 of 11,995

From all my reading, the X and XC are most exempt from reliability issues.  They have sound variation like any Audeze, but they fail at a level consistent with any other headphone manufacturer.  I don't know why.  I feel the drivers they designed were made with the fazors in mind, where as the 2 and the 3s had to be modified.  But then the 4s failures don't make sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back