1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-4

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by matias, Sep 28, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153
155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164
Next

Last
  1. RCBinTN

I was an early adopter of the X.  My old pair are one of the first production runs.  The new pair sounded very similar out of the box - maybe a tad less smooth but now with ~100 hours they are mellowing.  The biggest difference I noticed is the break-in of the leather ear pads.  The old pair are now very comfortable while the new pair are still a bit stiff on the head.  BTW, I upgraded both with the new carbon fiber head band that IMO is a big improvement.

2. jodgey4
    Thanks so much for the answer! Good to hear, I know quality control has really been a focus recently for Audeze. You should consider the black microsuede pads as well for more comfort :wink:.

3. RCBinTN

Cool man, thx for the tip.  Do you know if I can change the pads myself?

4. SeaWo|f
    I would talk to audeze before ordering different pads. The lcd 4 is the only headphone in the lcd line with no pad selection option in the audeze store. That makes me wonder if it's pads are different if not in the type of leather but in the foam padding inside of them. Both can effect the sound signature.

5. jodgey4
    https://www.audeze.com/padschange judge for yourself :D.

RCBinTN likes this.
  6. P4UL

I'm curious, you mentioned modifying the LCD-4 headband while waiting on another. So is Audeze offering a headband that actually suspends and not touches the carbon fiber?

Also could you post how you modified with pictures?

7. johnzz4
    It's obvious how to modify once you remove the 8 screws.  Just pull the leather down 1/4" on each side and trim it and make new screw holes in it.  Looks factory and very simple.  If you have plenty of room on your yoke rods, you can do 1/2" on each side.  Here are some pics of the finished product (it's amazing how dusty everything looks with flash):

20160203_005618.jpg

20160203_005624.jpg

P4UL likes this.
  8. Liu Junyuan
    I don't think you've read his post very carefully. Your positions are similar. 

9. RCBinTN

OK @jodgey4, after I wrote my previous post, I went back and A/Bed the two pair of X.  I was wrong...the old pair sound much mellower.  Not as bright, as I wrote before, but the entire sound stage is more reference/flat.  Better sound w/ the old pair.  They must have 400 hours, while the new pair are 100 hours.  FYI.  

Sorry to the LCD-4 folks, realize I'm on the wrong thread here...but maybe the break-in could apply to the "4" as well.

Cheers,
    RCB

10. schugh
    Just got a call from my dealer.  They have arrived.
    Can't wait to go and pick them up. Hopefully they won't disappoint at the $4800 Canadian I plunked down for them.

11. paulchiu

good luck.
    3450 USD as of now.
    that's a great deal.

12. jlbrach
    I am still waiting for a call from my dealer telling me my pair is on its way...it has been a long wait and i hope the wait is worth it

13. DoctaCosmos
    Any chance of still getting that special $3k price?

14. oleWhiskey

Where was this deal?

15. oleWhiskey
    By the way. They need to update the impedance to 200ohms. It looks like Audeze has a version 2 out that we will be getting. Sorry if this is old news

First

Back
144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153
155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164
Next

Last