1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-4

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by matias, Sep 28, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151
153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162
Next

Last
  1. Pale Rider Contributor

Both my 007s sound excellent with the Carbon. The Mk1 is purportedly a power hog, and that may be true. I have not sat and done a track-by-track comparison with the two, but the Mk1 does seem to require a little more power. The Carbon has more than ample power to drive both to ear-splitting levels. I have not done any modding of my 007 cans, but I plan to. The Mk1 seems to have more bass oomph than either the mk2 or the 009. I am on the fence whether this is better bass or not. At the risk of sounding like a salesman, I have yet to hear anything "bad" out of the Carbon. Just a superb amp. 

2. rgs9200m
    Thanks. 'on the fence of moving from my old 1st generation kgsshv-mini to a carbon, so that's interesting. Best to you.

3. slow

Please pardon my envy in you guys handling heavy gear like that without much trouble. Its like when you go to the gym, feel a bit accomplished at your sets and the smaller guy after you lifts about 10 kgs more than your max limits. Its not so much envy rather an unpleasant surprise. With me, comfort is the highest priority soon after with sound quality, its in that order as I tend to travel a lot with my gear and meh if its inconvenient, you psychologically tend to use it less. 

Portability is the name of the game for me - I am currently travelling to work and home with the following:

20160130_122304.jpg
    Travel Kit: Plenue 1, AK 380 + Amp, Beyerdynamic T1 V2 (used at work), JH layla during driving and a Hugo for good measure. 

Although the LCD 4 has a much warmer sound which can be differentiated upon hearing (and not analytically listening) from the T1s, the practicalities of it all and the economics of travelling with the financial equivalent of a small brand new car is not that appealing. 

Its the overall value perception (not in the financial sense) of a headphones - These cans look stunning, sound is pretty good but ultimately they cause me pain. The latter would be a serious consideration if one were to use it long term and not have the ability to habituate to the discomfort. Its clear that the adaptation to the LCDs is not necessarily a universal expectation from its users.

4. rgs9200m
    All I can say is these are not just an evolutionary step up from the LCD3, it's a way-different headphone. There is wonderful bloom without glare. It is supremely natural at all frequencies. The bass has extreme power and grace at the same time. It's full of life yet totally composed. It gets all the hard things right, like Piano, vocals, strings. 
    I've been listening mostly with Tidal FWIW. No EQ or anything. DAC is Chord Hugo TT. Having great fun with Chuck Berry, the Definitive Collection on Tidal. 'extraordinary headphone. Not your father's Audeze.

5. goldendarko
    Seeing as Audeze started around 2009 I would imagine not, I would only be about 7 :)

6. Bodhi01
    Echoing earlier comments, but those cans look gorgeous. + 1 I hope they have improved reliablity to go with their looks & presumably better sound. I'd love to audition a pair of these with a good cable like Crystal & a Viva Egoista headphone amp. One day! [​IMG] 

7. Audeze

Regarding driver issues: The LCD-4 is a new product with cutting-edge film technology. We’ve experienced some issues with suppliers, but these were resolved fairly quickly and we can now achieve even greater performance and reliability. So we’ve decided on something new for the industry – we’re giving our LCD-4 customers any improvements we make at no charge. We’ll contact them when an update is ready to implement, pay the freight both ways, and do the mod(s). This will be in effect for the entire 3-year driver warranty period. Audeze realizes the LCD-4 is a substantial investment for our customers, and this new LCD-4 program helps protect that investment. Audeze really appreciates our customers’ patience.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
  8. Shembot

Awesome! As an extremely early adopter (e.g. the first one), this gives me much more peace of mind and comfort with my investment.

swjones3 and Gyp64 like this.
  9. rgs9200m
    So far, so good with mine, no problems at all. The sound is almost overwhelming (in a completely positive sense). 

10. bfreedma

Very encouraging new policy. Once I get the chance to audition one, and assuming I like it as much as I expect to, that will make ordering a lot more comfortable.

11. Pale Rider Contributor
    Great policy, and as an LCD-4 owner, I really appreciate it.

12. johnzz4
    Thanks @Audeze

I appreciate the peace of mind..  Excellent company. 

13. rgs9200m
    That's nice to hear, but you know, improvements are in the ear of the beholder. I'd be hesitant to "improve" the sound, since it's great as is. I guess I have the LCD4 Classic now...

14. Jones Bob

http://youtu.be/WSB7QpldGTQ

15. goldendarko
    I don't understand

First

Back
142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151
153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162
Next

Last