Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Jul 27, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #1,066 of 6,385
i typically take the two sides off the yoke, measure the 80db pink/white noise on the grill of one side. Then unplug and plug in the next side and see if the db match. however if solude, does it in less steps with accurate results then im going to try that next time

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #1,069 of 6,385
Aug 1, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #1,072 of 6,385
I did the same when I had Peak/B22 level amps.  Just sounded off.  Whole other can of beans on the GS-X mk2.

Aug 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #1,073 of 6,385
I'm one of them as well. I can't exactly pinpoint what it was that made me prefer the 2 over the 3. It could have been due to many factors. LCD3 having a little bit more mid-bass, hence LCD2 felt like it had more clarity? Or maybe the fact that I had the LCD2 for a lot longer than the LCD3? Or maybe the fact that my LCD2 had been to Audeze twice, had the wood changed, and possibly the drivers as well and lucked out on a "good" pair? Or maybe I didn't have an expensive enough rig to really bring out everything in the LCD3... Who knows. More importantly, I've switched to speakers now and I'm thoroughly content, though my wallet is now a pile of ashes.
Quote:
I am probably one of the few that actually prefer the LCD 2.2 over LCD 3.0.  I had both for almost a year and finally sold my LCD 3.  Will I regret? Time will tell I guess....

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #1,074 of 6,385
Quote:
I am probably one of the few that actually prefer the LCD 2.2 over LCD 3.0.  I had both for almost a year and finally sold my LCD 3.  Will I regret? Time will tell I guess....

Agreed with Solude's comments here. The LCD-3s are more transparent (read: show you what you're listening to in terms of amp/dac/source) so getting them "right" is harder to do than the LCD-2s (that place nice with almost anything).

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #1,075 of 6,385
My LCD3s are just stunning. Every thing I have ever listened to on these phones has been just awesome. For me trading in the 2r2s for the 3s was definitely one of the few things actually done right this lifetime!  ;0)
Money well spent. But it is a really good thing that we all do have choices that are available and all it takes is money...

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #1,076 of 6,385
Quote:
My LCD3s are just stunning. Every thing I have ever listened to on these phones has been just awesome. For me trading in the 2r2s for the 3s was definitely one of the few things actually done right this lifetime!  ;0)
Money well spent. But it is a really good thing that we all do have choices that are available and all it takes is money...

beerchug.gif

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #1,077 of 6,385
Quote:

+1

i just sold my LCD-2 last night. it was really hard to sell them, since i felt they still offered more midbass and a sort of different slightly less dark and smooth presentation that was good for some things.

however, the LCD-3 just have transparency and holographic imaging thats on another level. its about as good as it gets, so i can't really go back to LCD-2, the LCD-3 are clearly the better headphone. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #1,078 of 6,385
Quote:

+1

i just sold my LCD-2 last night. it was really hard to sell them, since i felt they still offered more midbass and a sort of different slightly less dark and smooth presentation that was good for some things.

however, the LCD-3 just have transparency and holographic imaging thats on another level. its about as good as it gets, so i can't really go back to LCD-2, the LCD-3 are clearly the better headphone. 

+2. The LCD-3s imaging and detail is much better than the 2.2 that I have. And the funny thing is that I have stopped EQing altogether when I use the 3.

Aug 4, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #1,080 of 6,385
Choosing between my LCD-3s or my HD800s (if it's a matter of choosing just between those two) is always a function of the music I'm listening to. If it's jazz or rock I automatically reach for the LCD-3s. Classical and its the 800s. I can't say either one is superior, just genre specific. The LCD-3s sound a bit too dark for Classical. The 800s are just a bit too bass deficient for a truly first class jazz/rock experience. Anyone else share these criteria?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back