Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #497 of 6,385
Quote:
A lot of it is going to do with the shape of your head, glasses, etc.  I prefer the firmer LCD-2 pads overall because the front has less give.  The LCD-3 crushes right down to the wood up front on my head.  Its not terrible but if they ever release even pads... I'd be all over those.

YEAH! Exactly with me too. I have LCD-2s also and I notice that the LCD3 pads just collapse right down to flat in the thinner section while the cheaper LCD2 pads have more cushioning.
I wonder if I could swap the pads...

Dec 24, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #502 of 6,385
Quote:
Do the Pahanui Brothers do a version?  W/Ry Cooder on guitar?

Maybe in a live show but not on their Christmas album

Quote:
a Jack Johnson version might be interesting

He does do Rudolph the Red Noise Reindeer :)

Jan 15, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #504 of 6,385
Well, order placed and subscribed!

Jan 15, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #506 of 6,385
o2smile.gif

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #507 of 6,385
Hello, I have a question for the LCD3 owners, having seen many pictures of the LCD3 being powered by portable amps I am wondering how would it sound using a SR-71B on balanced mode?, I know it would not be comparable to a desktop set but I am wondering how much I will be missing while I save some cash for a desktop amp.

I am still deciding between the TH900 and the LCD3, I think the TH900 is better for portability but I would like to get the best sound quality even if I lose some portability.

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #508 of 6,385
Some like the Burson HA-160 and that's only 80mW into the LCD-3 so... depends if you like the the 71B to begin with.

That said LCD-3 using a phone source and portable amp seems really really mismatched and likely leave you thinking your Shure's are better.

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #509 of 6,385
Quote:
Hello, I have a question for the LCD3 owners, having seen many pictures of the LCD3 being powered by portable amps I am wondering how would it sound using a SR-71B on balanced mode?, I know it would not be comparable to a desktop set but I am wondering how much I will be missing while I save some cash for a desktop amp.

I am still deciding between the TH900 and the LCD3, I think the TH900 is better for portability but I would like to get the best sound quality even if I lose some portability.

Sound quality wise, I prefer the LCD-3s. The TH-900s are the best closed cans I've heard/owned and are fantastic headphones (open or closed). But wrt portability, I would take NEITHER out of my home. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back