Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Nov 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #361 of 6,388
I have been staying up entirely too late every night listening to these bad boys every since I got them...this would almost be a problem except that I think it's totally and completely worth it :D

Can't wait for the mjolnir to get here next week

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #362 of 6,388
Quote:
I have been staying up entirely too late every night listening to these bad boys every since I got them...this would almost be a problem except that I think it's totally and completely worth it
biggrin.gif

Did you get your 4-pin XLR Q cable yet?

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #366 of 6,388
Quote:
I have been staying up entirely too late every night listening to these bad boys every since I got them...this would almost be a problem except that I think it's totally and completely worth it
biggrin.gif

Nice! I know the feeling! 
L3000.gif

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #367 of 6,388
I'm glad you're enjoying the LCD-3. Mine are currently with lappy27 for him to compare to his lcd2's and also compare cables.

I'm getting anxious to hear his conclusion, especially regarding on how the cables change the sound.

I'm thinking the nucleotide isn't a great match, and on top of that the mjolnir is not a good match for the lcd3 with its punchy bass.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 27, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #369 of 6,388
I have been staying up entirely too late every night listening to these bad boys every since I got them...this would almost be a problem except that I think it's totally and completely worth it :D

Mine just arrived today! Gotta get up in 7 hours but don't expect much sleep between then and now.

They do sound similar to my LCD2s but they're more extended yet also more... subtle? Effortless? I'm reaching for the right word - they present a clearer, bigger image but they also feel more relaxed and natural. Love 'em.

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #370 of 6,388
Quote:
Mine just arrived today! Gotta get up in 7 hours but don't expect much sleep between then and now.
They do sound similar to my LCD2s but they're more extended yet also more... subtle? Effortless? I'm reaching for the right word - they present a clearer, bigger image but they also feel more relaxed and natural. Love 'em.

the lcd3 is to the lcd2 what an 8cyclinder is to a 4 cylinder car, imo. the lcd3 gets you to your destination in
a quieter, more clear, effortless and relaxed manner.

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #371 of 6,388
Quote:

i think you're reaching for more detailed
wink.gif
and bigger soundstage...though as ive said, its been quite some time since ive had any time at all with an LCD-2 so who am i to compare the two lol

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #372 of 6,388
Another "downside" to these things...i literally cant get any work done when i have them on -_- im trying to work on school work and it just aint happening right now. Why would i be writing this speech outline that's due tomorrow when i could be rocking out with my new LCD-3s?...
redface.gif

Nov 29, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #373 of 6,388
Quote:
Does anyone else have the same problem with the headband though? with not being able to get it to lay flat without putting it almost off the front of your head?

You are not alone. I have the same issue with mine. After an hour or so, it fills like my head was in some kind of medieval torture device 
very_evil_smiley.gif
. Just play around with it. I got it loose a bit and have to readjust from time to time. 
Shame for Audeze: great sound, pure comfort design. Should not happen to 2K hp's. 

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #375 of 6,388
Quote:

You are not alone. I have the same issue with mine. After an hour or so, it fills like my head was in some kind of medieval torture device 
very_evil_smiley.gif
. Just play around with it. I got it loose a bit and have to readjust from time to time. 
Shame for Audeze: great sound, pure comfort design. Should not happen to 2K hp's. 

Orthos need magnets to move the drivers...and unfortunately magnets ain't light...so its par for the course typically with orthos. The HE-6s are the same; though I find the LCD-3s a bit more comfortable.

Don't forget our Macedonian melons are on the larger side too, so that won't help with the clamping force when compared to others. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back